• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Prospective Combo Video Creators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
Music is a matter of opinion and unfortunately yours doesn't mean anything to anyone that wants to make a combo video.

Hmm just a quick edit when I said unfortunately I think fortunately would be the better choice of words.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think it's just cause of your different musical tastes lol.

Happy Feet 4 was soooooooo good, but i didn't really like the last song either. =X But maybe Zhu did, and I know a lot of people did too.

First song was hilarious though and insanely fitting. XD

Oracle

Smash Master
The only real rule is that screaming music is always a no no. Obnoxious rap can also ruin a combo video (hello, evolution)

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
Screaming music is never a no-no, just make sure it doesn't drown out the match.. Soulja boi would be a no-no for anyone except zhu. In the end it's their combo video and not yours.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Zhu used the Travis Barker Soulja boy mix because of the joke from WC commentary, where they sing "now watch me ZHUUU". It's like a shoutout.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Please
Choose your music wisely
This isn't a music video
It's a combo video
The combo's shouldn't be drowned out by loud music
The music should merely compliment the gameplay footage
But in the end it's up to you whether or not you want to have a good combo video
Or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7DHr7C_U8A#t=3m58s
(Seriously zhu, wth)
heheh obviously this guys not down and hip with that dude with crazy rap lyrics .you just mad cus' he sytlin' on you.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
smash and music elitism should be kept seperate.

If you dont like the music choice in the vid, mute it and play your own music. everybody wins.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
If I wasn't allowed to use the music I wanted, I would have never made such a long Young Link combo vid, honestly.

In fact, it was the song "The Quick and the Blue" by The Megas that even got me wanting to make one.

Pi

Smash Hero
I wondered how this thread would go over
SLIGHTLY different than what I expected

It's not like I just made a new combo video rule stating that all prospective combo video makers need to run their music choice by me first
I juss think many would do better if they put a lil more thought into their musical selection
And duh, in the end it's their video and their choice on music and footage yada yada yada
But if you're trying to make a combo video to showcase your new innovative combo's, or your skill in the game, or your ability to read your opponents, all I'm sayin is don't put it to a song that's totally gonna own the video
and you know which songs are which
Look at itsbme's videos http://www.youtube.com/user/itsbme
His focus is clearly on the gameplay footage, not on the music
When I was in school, my teacher told us that when we were making a powerpoint presentation that we shouldn't have different colored backgrounds for every slide, and we shouldn't put flashy pictures and animations on every slide because it detracts from the content, draws the attention away from the information you have
I think the same logic applies here
You're still watching the video, but if the song is constantly bombarding your ears (good or bad) it's going to take some focus away from the footage

It's great how hard everybody owned this guy he hasn't even posted again out of shame.

lol i like this post
seriously though
if you ever find an effective way to make someone shut up on line
let me know

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
dont like the music, put down the volume in your combo video and put yours on while watching the comob video.

DRD

Smash Lord
It's great how hard everybody owned this guy he hasn't even posted again out of shame.
Really? Come on.

-----------------------------------

kniht has a very good point
In the end, don't just slap music on there because *you* like it
think about what the music does for the presentation as a whole

chamberlin

Smash Ace
You're not going to please everyone no matter what music you select or how you make your video.

Also, This is gonna sound really artsy but... making these videos is just another form of self expression. People making these videos may associate a person's playstyle and movements with a certain style of music. If you ask me, it makes for better videos to have music that fits what's going on in the video instead of just background music. I personally don't even like rap that much, but I think it goes great in a lot of these videos.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yeah, when you make or watch a combo video dont expect it to be perfect. A lot fo people have different kinda of taste for music. Thats why when you make a combo video dont just slap in the music. Look for songs that you think will suit the SSBM gameplay. Im not sure id zhu just slapped in that song or thought of it. One thing is that he used that song maybe cause he think it suits the gameplay. But yeah music shouldnt a problem at all. Its the gameplay we're looking at. though if you dont like the music just ignore it. mute, put on your song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom