• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Europe: Will You Come To The UK this Summer?Smash tourney of the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
I want to will attend (edit: as long its not interfering with the Super Lion tournament in Lyon August 7-9th) just tell me when and where

J03

Smash Master
Ed, i know both me and ant will want brawl to be held on equal par with melee, obv we dont know if its doable atm but if it is i reckon we go for it

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
In all seriousness its not too good and it can be a bit boring to watch. I cannot see people sitting down and watching a brawl set and having a good time like a melee set lol. But I dunno if it should be a this event, let the tourn hosts decides whats best for the tournament and the community.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Brawl single matches are entertaining if you have an understanding for the game. Watching a Melee game doesn't require that obviously but Brawl matches can indeed be enjoyable (for some people ... nerds like me XD)

:059:

Faab

Smash Ace
Less mindgames then melee and slower paced. Besides that no combo's. It's definetly not enjoyable to watch.

J03

Smash Master
kindly desist lol. this is not a 'flame brawl' thread. Brawl has its own following and as melee players you are not obliged to play it nor are you obliged to give your opinions every chance you get. to say it is a lesser game is to make a comment which will do nothing but create a debate that i cba readign through to find posts of actual relevance lol.

As a tournament co-host i belive brawl is a good addition to the roster as it brings a healthy crowd of its own. also melee players who dabble in brawl get to have some extra fun and vise versa for brawl players.

Pro: if you think its a lesser game then how about MM'ing some of the brawl players at their own game >_0. i know your cocky wnough to do it too lol. if you lose then you have to admit that brawl is a worth while game, and if you win then you prove your point, sound good??

Aaron: MM, brawl??

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
MM'ing people and whatever the end result of it does not prove if it is a lesser game or not lol, they have adjusted to the boring pace game say they would probably win. I don't play the game anyway and it is not entertaining which is the main reason why I am not going to ask for any MM's and not going to accept any.....i'm pretty sure Danter Banter will though loool.

Aiko

Smash Champion
kindly desist lol. this is not a 'flame brawl' thread. Brawl has its own following and as melee players you are not obliged to play it nor are you obliged to give your opinions every chance you get. to say it is a lesser game is to make a comment which will do nothing but create a debate that i cba readign through to find posts of actual relevance lol.

As a tournament co-host i belive brawl is a good addition to the roster as it brings a healthy crowd of its own. also melee players who dabble in brawl get to have some extra fun and vise versa for brawl players.

Pro: if you think its a lesser game then how about MM'ing some of the brawl players at their own game >_0. i know your cocky wnough to do it too lol. if you lose then you have to admit that brawl is a worth while game, and if you win then you prove your point, sound good??

Aaron: MM, brawl??
100%

I would like to promote brawl for this tournament too, provided we have the time for it.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this thread to stop any melee vs brawl arguements. Theres a time and a place for this, its called the roy boards. Any melee vs brawl arguements will be infracted for flaming with zero tolerance.

Discuss :)

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Aikos a nice person (omfgwtfbbqdonthurtme10chars).

Brawls ok in small doses. If this is a 3 dayer will brawl definitely be making an appearance in some form? Basically what chance is there of brawl at this?

J03

Smash Master
well imo the chances are very good. if your a math freak and want a number then id say 70% lol.

we have to (me and ant) go to eds to sort some **** but when i was free ant wasnt and when ant was i wasnt xD

D

Deleted member

random question: could there be a way to promote brawl+ at this tournament in some form?

J03

Smash Master
As a co-host i cannot speak for Ed on this as his word is final, but here are my thoguhts.

self promotion is absolutely fine. i know many people (especially those new to the scene) have no experience with brawl+. Id be happy to have a set up or 2 with brawl+ (obvious outside of the tournament timeframe) to raise awareness and interest in it. but brawl+ will not be an advertised event, imo the scene is too new and fragile to fragment it.

in my opinion brawl is not melee, and attempts to bridge the two games will probably not overtake the original release

Retroking2000

Smash Master
well we could do a poll for how much players would want brawl to be promoted as a main event ?

as for me i would enter both.

because if we get the correct number of players which prefer which game

would be able to make this a good tournament

right now most players are for melee.

but for me i think that brawl + melee should be the main events .

since its during the summer i see no reason why ed/ant/jo3 whoever is on this cant run both games

D

Deleted member

I will attend both if they are both held, but I will always prefer melee over brawl.

J03

Smash Master
we have not discussed any event containing brawl+. i very much doubt itll be held as an event because 2 games is enough and brawl+ is almost none existant in the UK and there is no scene at all for it atm.

basically it will be taken into account but we already have much planning to do, so please dont get your hopes up =/

Blad01

Smash Lord
Lol, the hosts have not even confirmed Brawl yet, and some of you already propose Brawl+ or ISP Ruleset XD

Retroking2000

Smash Master
we have not discussed any event containing brawl+. i very much doubt itll be held as an event because 2 games is enough and brawl+ is almost none existant in the UK and there is no scene at all for it atm.

basically it will be taken into account but we already have much planning to do, so please dont get your hopes up =/
well since the summer is sometime away

im sure this thread will get more players that would want brawl

but if kone/jo3 intended this to be melee as a main event wouldnt that make it sorta UK intended

only to suit needs for the UK.

isnt this going to be a big europe thing ?

J03

Smash Master
melee is our main game, what i mean by that is that melee is definatly a confirmed event. Brawl is a VERY likely event that we want to confirm as soon as possible, however we cannot untill we establish a venue to hold our needs. hosting a large european melee tourney as well as a european brawl tourney is our aim!

Faab

Smash Ace
Guess i'll do this then, who are the top brawlers in the uk atm?

Kone

Smash Master
1. Less talk regarding brawl vs melee. It isnt healthy for this thread.

2. Ask co-hosts to not be opinionated on brawl/melee and possibilities of what will be held. We will sort this out privately.

3. In due time the structure of this tournament will be announced. This will be asap =D

4. Great to see all interest from everyone that has posted. As pointed out by ryan this has the potential to be a great european tourament.

5. Edwin dont post in here lol

Retroking2000

Smash Master
why ,

lol am I causing controversy ?

im actually concerned about this since i haven't been to any tourney lately and im actually want to go to this.

top brawlers are
kone
fuzz
aiko
frostbyte
Retroking ^^
Blinky

those are the top for me

Faab

Smash Ace
I do want both events to be hosted.

I do play brawl myself regularly with some of the top dutch players.

I do realise that mixing the community's would be best for everyone and that brawl is good enough to being played in tournaments.

What i don't understand is people being that positive about brawl, especially comparing to melee. And for some reason i start a semi-flame whenever i see that happening.

Really looking forward to this ed. ^_^

Edit: I'll moneymatch them all for 10 euro's. 5 should be ok aswell :)

Kone

Smash Master
I suck at brawl. I play samus x_X

Im glad faab ^_^ - im aiming for this to be better than any euro tourney ive been to =D. *Fingers Crossed*

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
wtf? I told people to stop comparing ... now people tell me to stop comparing...? :psycho:
yea I wanna stop that anyways so plx don't flame me...I'm the last person to do a Brawl vs Melee debate. I like both games anyways so b2t now.

I apologize for the misunderstanding I caused though...

:059:

Aiko

Smash Champion
why ,

lol am I causing controversy ?

im actually concerned about this since i haven't been to any tourney lately and im actually want to go to this.

top brawlers are
kone
fuzz
aiko
frostbyte
Retroking ^^
Blinky

those are the top for me
Edwin, you know nothing about the brawl and melee community atm. You're opinion on top players is unfounded.

Top brawlers

Aiko
Blinky
Fuzzyness
Yeniths

Possible top brawlers (i've yet to play them recently)

Gladam
Kira!
Zeppo

Retroking - Yes despite you being incredibly inactive, i've heard decent things about you, but you've not played anyone outside of london, offline.

metalazo

Smash Journeyman
Hello, to everyone that said Hi to me XD

Utto Faab and Kone!

Yes guido and I are still alive. Just after brawl got released, I was really disappointed at how **** the game is.

anyways for the dutchies that want to try to go to newcastle/londen. Didnt read the complete topic where the tournament is held. Get a car, ( diesel and drive) I did it last year with the petrol prices being sky rocket. With 4 people in the car we used togheter for 50 euros PP on Diesel. When driving to Lincoln.

Now you need to take for account the ferry/train prices. But I think its more fun with the car :D

anyways if the date changes let me know Kone!

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Edwin, you know nothing about the brawl and melee community atm. You're opinion on top players is unfounded.

Top brawlers

Aiko
Blinky
Fuzzyness
Yeniths

Possible top brawlers (i've yet to play them recently)

Gladam
Kira!
Zeppo

Retroking - Yes despite you being incredibly inactive, i've heard decent things about you, but you've not played anyone outside of london, offline.
that list is so wrong its horrible.

im not decent at that im actually quite good at it im definitely in top brawl definitely

actually i know quite alot because of the placings at the ranbats/tournaments.

i do keep up to date on things / so you might aswell keep those opinions about me to yourself

Kone

Smash Master
Please lets not makes this into whos better at brawl conversation. Theres been such a lack of activity in the UK in regards to brawl that any argument is pretty much ungrounded. Wait for future tournaments please ;)

Will - no chance lol not enough time.

Uck -glad to see your interested from one host to another.

Joey - Date isnt confirmed yet so you never know! Also, you give good advice. Calais -> Dover ferry crossing with P&O is only £25 one way (pretty much 25 euros). Theres alot of crossings this cheap and in the summer months. A return is then £50. Get a car of five people and thats only £10 each!!! Petrol from calais to sunderland (tournament locality) would be about £160 return (at most). Thats about £32 each in a small engine car. If your travelling from north france, holland then your thinking petrol be around £50 each at very very most. For the fun of a road trip this is a pretty good option!!

ed x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom