• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Europe: Will You Come To The UK this Summer?Smash tourney of the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
<3 England

I'll deff come if this doesn't clash with other holidays. Cheap, close and fun. Hope the weather will be good so we can do some sight seeing. And i want to go to english pubs to drink some beers :)

metalazo

Smash Journeyman
Please lets not makes this into whos better at brawl conversation. Theres been such a lack of activity in the UK in regards to brawl that any argument is pretty much ungrounded. Wait for future tournaments please ;)

Will - no chance lol not enough time.

Uck -glad to see your interested from one host to another.

Joey - Date isnt confirmed yet so you never know! Also, you give good advice. Calais -> Dover ferry crossing with P&O is only £25 one way (pretty much 25 euros). Theres alot of crossings this cheap and in the summer months. A return is then £50. Get a car of five people and thats only £10 each!!! Petrol from calais to sunderland (tournament locality) would be about £160 return (at most). Thats about £32 each in a small engine car. If your travelling from north france, holland then your thinking petrol be around £50 each at very very most. For the fun of a road trip this is a pretty good option!!

ed x
you noob, you still fail at saying my go**** name!

ITS GO**** JODY! NOW SAY IT A 100 times!!

Kone

Smash Master
haha i typed jody initially and then my webpage froze and i obviously made a mistake second time round ;)

metalazo

Smash Journeyman
Anyways Kone, let me know if there is any change in the dates, I will convince Guido to come to.

If the date is anything else then July, I prolly will come by car and have room for 2 other people.

Not going to pack my car with 5 people to make it more hectic. 4 is the limit ^^ We need to have the middle space on the back-seat for beer booze and FOOD.

Plus I do not want a person flying to the front window when I have an accident. ( Safty belt in middle nope!)

Tiersie

Smash Ace
He said he'll post that when the dates are confirmed. I'm eager to know for myself aswell though. Since I'm sure he doesn't want to stay with 3 teenage dutchies for possibly a whole week on end.

Kone

Smash Master
Im expecting to have to house alot of foreigners outside of the actual tournament housing (ie the 2/3 nights at the venue). As so, aslong as you dont mind potentially being cramped, then housing will be offered and ill be able to accomodate you tierse ;). I dont expect people to have to find hotels etc unless you want to. If so, let me know, and ill post up hotels and hostels in the area.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
An UK tourney which is host by Kone, this will be a blast!

I'm sure 10-15 swedes will make it.
Last weekend in july sounds great as hell btw.

Kone

Smash Master
Aniolas - Was waiting for you to see this thread ;) . Do you reckon the last weekend of July is a good weekend for Swedes? you better make as many of them as possible come ;)

Everyone else - details for this are still being worked on. Exciting stuff :D

Kone

Smash Master
Hmm well out of interest when do schools/uni generally break for the summer? dats for eg. the UK schools have a 6 week holiday from mid-july till start of september. Unis are generally broken up early may/early june - 3rd week of september.

What abotu sweden/holland? and others countries?

Tiersie

Smash Ace
The start of the Dutch holiday differs per region. My region (mid Holland) Starts at 13-7-2009 ( My birthday ;) ) The other area's will start 1 week earlier or later depending on what region. So I think the latest date for the start of Dutch summer holiday would be at 20-7.

Edit:

regio noord 04 juli 2009 23 augustus 2009
regio zuid 18 juli 2009 06 september 2009
regio midden 11 juli 2009 30 augustus 2009

1st = Northern region
2nd = Southern region
3rd = Mid Region

Just so you know. I'd say which parts consists of what cities but I doubt you know Dutch regions. :)

Kone

Smash Master
Im actually a trainee Geography teacher, so my grasp of Holland is pretty decent. Plus, ive been there ****loads ;)

Thankyou very much for the info though, much apprecited!

Tero.

Smash Champion
I've never been to the UK before, and i prpbably wont make it to genesis, so im def. interested in this.

too many tournaments this year >_>
you should advertise this on the german boards :p

Tero.

Smash Champion
we did, well i did, but i cant navigate those boards so it prolly ended up on the *** end of a random thread
ah i remember, well that was kinda ****ed up lol :p
im going to repost it sometime and get more germans interested.

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Summer Holidays in France begin around the 5th July.

Please have Brawl as an event equal to Melee ._.
no offence, but unlkely to happen. brawl has always, and even more recently been seen as the poor cousin to melee. might be brawl events, but melee's always gonna be the main attraction
you know, what with it being not as good and all that

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You do realise Brawl community in France is rather big yes? And it would be silly to not capitalise on the amount of players interested from both communitys. And why would having a brawl event in this tournament be unlikely? Cater to both communitys = epic tournament.

Kone

Smash Master
Ive said this before, this isnt the thread for the brawl v melee debate. charles u aint helping, dont post **** like that again. events will be decided in due course :/

J03

Smash Master
bad smashie: as we've said MANY times now we wont this to be a melee and brawl tourney both running on par with eachother.

BUT we still have some issues to work out so we cannot advertise it as such. if all goes to **** it will then, and only then!!!, it will be a melee only tournry.

either way dont worry, the information will be released way in advance, its not going to be a last minute thing =/ this is KONES!! tourney you know. THE ONE AND ONLY KONE. the man has always hosted amazing events and has NEVER had an event that wasnt epic!!!

Kone

Smash Master
This isnt the official tournament thread, its just there to get some interest and feedback. Im not particularly bothered how the first page looks now. Were currently sorting out the hall and other details. A real thread be up next week *figners crossed*

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to make it if it's only Melee, but if there's Brawl as well YES YES ALL OVER MY FACE YES.

(If there's Brawl there I'm definitely trying my hardest to make it there)

(Also don't kill me for posting the generic response seen many-a-time in this thread ._.)

Kone

Smash Master
early april? hope thats not how much ntoice u think people need joe ;) . Im working on venue things, people are being more awkward than expected. Having another meeting at the weekend with a particular venue and hope it gets sorted then. This should be confirmed very soon.

joe/ant be good to discuss things on msn at somepoint :/

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Would this be in mid-late July? Trying to route my flights from Los Angeles to London/Paris around this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom