• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Europe: Will You Come To The UK this Summer?Smash tourney of the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
Going ok. Had a venue nearly sorted then they wanted to remove a day and not allow under 18s in the venue. Few other ****ty details aswell so i pulled the plug on it. Meeting two hall caretakers this weekend. Basically, i gto a huge list of preferable halls (ones that are larger/closer to transport links) and im working my way down them. Obv those in more populated uban areas are used more often for community events thus harder to book for 3 days. The halls towards the backend are more rural (tho not definetly smaller) Im pretty content that no matter what ill get a venue sorted within the next few weeks. If its rural its rural!

Im wanting to run this the third or fourth weekend of july, hall permitting ofc.

Other issues such as tvs/housing have solutions already so im happy with that :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
I dont think this is happening anymore, correct me if im wrong pls but heres a post by kone in another thread
This is a message for those expecting to be coming with me to Germany;

I won't be going and as such I apologise deeply. My reasoning is as followns;

I was meant to be on teaching placement that finished two weeks before germany. In the two weeks leading upto germany I had put in work with a care job I do as a bank worker. These hours had been accepted and therefore I would have been easily in cash for the trip. However, my mentor in school went on the sick. As a result my placement was pushed back until she was able to be in school as the same time as myself. I have put off posting as i had hoped she would have cameback from being on the sick alot earlier that she did. As a result I will still be teaching till the easter holidays (a week after germany) AND also will not have worked to earn any spending money.

I apoligise for lack of contact. I hope you guys understand how stressful teaching placement is. I sincerely make no exaggeration that Iam constantly planning and am working a 7 day week. If you see me on msn I am truly not there 90% of the time and its a case of Kate not signing me off when using my laptop. My mind is no where accept the stress of work. I really cant wait to qualify in May.

I also extend that I won't be participating in anything smash related for sometime. This inculdes the notion of a european tournament. I have applied, and, been accepted to teach in poland for the summer.

Lots of love,

ed

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Going to lock this for now. If there's any reason why it should be reopened, send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom