• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Melee Circuit - Third Event TBD...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im planning my clash of the titans tourney to be national size. im hoping to confirm the date for it this week or next.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I just noticed that point distribution is a little off balance. From 25th-9th it goes up at a relatively even pace: 1, 2, 4, 8. But come 7th and 5th place it is only a 2 point increase, where presumably it would go up by more at that point considering the reward of placing from 7th-5th should be greater than that of placing 13th-9th.

Something more along the lines of this seems more balanced in pattern:

1st 45
2nd 35
3rd 25
4th 18
5th 14
7th 10
9th 7
13th 4
17th 2
25th 1

But whatever, the event already started and points were distributed, it's just something that caught my ere.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah 4th totally gets the shaft. Now that I'm good enough to possibly take top 3 I guess I'm really gonna have to play my heart out and camp the balls off some of you guys.

I was playing Spam for 50 dollars and 65% more ANMC points and had no idea. Goddammit. I totally would have remembered to ban floats in that case.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Yeah 4th totally gets the shaft. Now that I'm good enough to possibly take top 3 I guess I'm really gonna have to play my heart out and camp the balls off some of you guys.

I was playing Spam for 50 dollars and 65% more ANMC points and had no idea. Goddammit. I totally would have remembered to ban floats in that case.
LOL @ remembering if only the money was talked about lol

scar i want to team with u one day =]

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah and not only b/c I got 4th (very much because of that but also because I don't think it's right) but the curse is of 5th place, it's VERY hard to break 5th. The people who tied for 5th are generally very good, the and the person who got 4th beat one of the 5th place contenders then lost to the other person that beat a 5th place contender.

At No Johns, Scar, Eggm, Reno, and Spam were all at the 5th place spot. This is a ridiculous pool of smashers, the person who ends up 2nd best of those is the person who ends up with 4th, just to give you an idea of how competitive it is.

Very tough to get 4th, so there should be a big gap between 4th and 5th IMO especially since 4th is the first place you can get that isn't a tie.

Eggm, Cactuar, and JMan will frequently fight over top 3, but 4th is going to be the best of everyone else (unless someone beats one of those 3, and god forbid M2K goes).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how would ppl feel about

1st Place - 45 points
2nd Place - 35 points
3rd Place - 25 points
4th Place - 20 points
5th Place - 16 points
7th Place - 12 points
9th Place - 8 points
13th Place - 4 points
17th Place - 2 points
25th Place - 1 point

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
That looks better for me since I'll go from 10 to 12 points for 7th lol. I really need to stop playing like sh*t at times and also pick up a high tier lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
keep the hype for this goin
talk about spoc 6
should the rankings value be changed as we talked about on the last page or two?
did u know the current anmc funds is up to $115?

all this and more in the next post in ANMC!

Alukard

Smash Hero
keep the hype for this goin
talk about spoc 6
should the rankings value be changed as we talked about on the last page or two?
did u know the current anmc funds is up to $115?

all this and more in the next post in ANMC!
yea yuhz ... thats 100 from my tourney ... also chibo and scar we have to talk about prize/placings for spoc because taking out 50$ of the pot hurt the people that entered and placed 3rd in doubles ... doyoung and spam ... becasue they won 38$ to split ... and thats like going negative lol and winning money ... not cool ... so yea ... just letting u guys kno =P

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea il admit 38 is a lil bunz, but u coulda bumped it to 40 (though u might of lol)
maybe modify it to like a 60 25 15 split after u take out the 10% for anmc.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yea il admit 38 is a lil bunz, but u coulda bumped it to 40 (though u might of lol)
maybe modify it to like a 60 25 15 split after u take out the 10% for anmc.
yea ... but spam got to me about that after ... i didn't think about it while giving it out .. but it hurt when he explained and i put myself in the same shoes lol ... so yea ... i agree with wat u said

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I was just informed that the sponsors for Smashtality V want the event to be Brawl only.

I'll see if I can get it changed, but it seems they don't have an interest in melee.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
maybe u can tell them that it would be part of a circuit which would guarantee a good amount of ppl coming out? is it 2 day? perhaps it could be melee and brawl again like s4

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I was just informed that the sponsors for Smashtality V want the event to be Brawl only.

I'll see if I can get it changed, but it seems they don't have an interest in melee.
I mean, you should just post it as all brawl ASAP and then show your sponsor the outrage that ensues on the boards over the best tournament series ever degrading itself to the point of not having Melee... I mean, I'd still come to hang out with TSA, but if it's all Brawl, I wouldn't enter this tourney and I think you'd see a lot of that sentiment in this region towards an all brawl smashtallity.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
The problem is that the sponsors want qualifiers for the events. If we did both melee and brawl, it would mean that we would need at least 3 or 4 days. They initially gave us a Friday, but it would start at 2 PM until nighttime. I'll see what I can do otherwise, but in reality, we'd have to choose one game unless we can extend how many days we can hold this tournament.

Pakman/Mogwai, check the TSA social group for more details.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
The problem is that the sponsors want qualifiers for the events. If we did both melee and brawl, it would mean that we would need at least 3 or 4 days. They initially gave us a Friday, but it would start at 2 PM until nighttime. I'll see what I can do otherwise, but in reality, we'd have to choose one game unless we can extend how many days we can hold this tournament.

Pakman/Mogwai, check the TSA social group for more details.
Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be all Melee? The Brawl day of Smashtality IV had less people show up than the Melee day.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I will not enter Brawl and yeah I think the fact that it's a circuit event makes it a better business decision for the store owner, the No Johns venue owner was THRILLED with the turnout on November 1st and I will doubtlessly have a huge crowd this coming December for SPOC.

Top Bottom