• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Smash's Gate - The Doom Marine/Doomguy/Doom Slayer Thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Has anyone here listened to this new remix of "At Doom's Gate (E1M1)"?

I started head banging about halfway through! Nice!

On another note, Doom Eternal comes out tomorrow.
Or at least I would say that if it wasn’t for the delay...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How do you picture Doomguy's reveal and where?
I was thinking VGA, but I don't think he's fighter number 5. Maybe in a future Direct if Doom Slayer is indeed on the roster? I'm not getting my hopes up, especially since we don't know who fighter 5 is.

As for how his reveal would be, I had two ideas:
1. First we get a Doom Eternal trailer. After fading to black, we then see Doom Slayer in a location unseen before, a laboratory of sorts. On the ground he sees a familiar red helmet, blue gun, and red cap on the ground. Then he goes in the next room to see Samus struggling to fight against Ridley; she can keep on fighting, but she reached her limit. As Ridley is about to finish her off, Ridley is shot in the wings and he looks to see who shot him. Emerging from the smoke is the Doom Slayer himself. "Doom Slayer Rips and Tears Through!" Through his helmet, he tilts his head downwards and grins (like in the original Doom games) and he prepares his shotgun (like in the first level of Doom 2016).
2. It's another trailer based on World of Light. This time, we see a ton of lifeless Puppet Fighters on the ground. We this figure walking around, kicking one of them, and absorbing the energy from a defeated Cacodemon Spirit (as if he acquired an Argent Energy Cell). Throughout the intro to the trailer, we a retelling of one of the Slayer's Testaments, namely the first one and from the cut down version for the track Dogma. Then as he says "The Doom Slayer," we get his splash screen, a grin, and him preparing his shotgun. At the very end, Doom Slayer is on the very same cliff at the intro to World of Light... alone... ready to fight Galeem and Dharkon.

That reminds me, Tour's latest loadout pretty much shows without a doubt that the staff lives in their own bubble now.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rates_the_festive_season_in_its_latest_update

It's pretty telling how their way of shaking things up has been to bring in guest characters.
Thank god I dropped out of this game. I didn't like the grinding and so little resources from playing the game...
Seeing all of these Peach alts though... just why?

I started head banging about halfway through! Nice!

On another note, Doom Eternal comes out tomorrow.
Or at least I would say that if it wasn’t for the delay...
Eh. I can wait. I'm fine with the delay if it means to polish the game and make it the best it can be.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I will say, if Doom Slayer does get confirmed, Sakurai just has to bring up John Carmack at some point in the following presentation. Also, talk in length about early FPS gameplay, maybe.

Pink Gold Peach Returns and...Santa Mario!?....WHY!!!!????

Edit: Is This Some Kind of Joke!?
Mario staff not wanting to use characters made by other creators + positive Japanese player reception to metal Mario and Peach = genuine belief that players want the same thing over and over.

I'm glad I don't use mobile phones to play games, not even Luigi's Mansion King Boo is worth it for this misguided nonsense. These could have been extra skins, not actual extra racers taking up space!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Knowing it isn’t the real thing, Doomslayer would see Pink Gold Peach as a demon of temptation, that must be purged.

D

Deleted member

I've already posted here before, but add me to the Support List. Doomguy's been one of my most wanted since Ultimate's release.

I think putting Doomguy with Ridley would be perfect. Imagine Doomguy grabbing Ridley's tail and swinging it around like he's Simon Belmont, smashing him against a wall. Brutal. Another idea I had is that you could also have Beast Ganon as a stand-in for the Cyberdemon, and he does his boss pose like in OoT while the camera zooms out of Doomguy looking at Ganon rising over him, kinda like the box art for Doom Eternal. It'd be amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I will say, if Doom Slayer does get confirmed, Sakurai just has to bring up John Carmack at some point in the following presentation. Also, talk in length about early FPS gameplay, maybe.

Mario staff not wanting to use characters made by other creators + positive Japanese player reception to metal Mario and Peach = genuine belief that players want the same thing over and over.

I'm glad I don't use mobile phones to play games, not even Luigi's Mansion King Boo is worth it for this misguided nonsense. These could have been extra skins, not actual extra racers taking up space!
I uninstalled MKTour a week ago. It just got boring playing the same levels over and over while getting ****ty scores just because Im not buying gems.

To tie this into Doom, put Doomguy in Mario Kart 9 with a Spider mastermind ATV and a kart simply called the BFK.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
To tie this into Doom, put Doomguy in Mario Kart 9 with a Spider mastermind ATV and a kart simply called the BFK.
Oh, that would be sick!

Imagine if there was something like a Megasphere Cup or a Cacodemon Cup, too! Or a Tower of Babel map for Battle Mode!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I uninstalled MKTour a week ago. It just got boring playing the same levels over and over while getting ****ty scores just because Im not buying gems.

Great! Except that acronym could very easily be misinterpreted unless they clearly label it as Bio Force Kart or something.

D

Deleted member

Have you guys seen this? If so, what do you think? IMO it's reaching REEAAAALLY far but it would be cool if it ended up being something.

https://twitter.com/yurianyoshisaur/status/1192117451942768640
This feels like the chairs all over again. LOL

Off-subject, but the year hasn't even ended yet and Pokémon Sword and Shield are already seemingly out of the running.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...pirits_are_being_added_to_smash_bros_ultimate

Which is probably just as well, seeing as it'll take a while for fans to recover from Sw/Sh's controversies.
It's odd how Pokemon Sword and Shield got Spirits when Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain didn't. I have a feeling these two game have something big coming to them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This feels like the chairs all over again. LOL

It's odd how Pokemon Sword and Shield got Spirits when Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain didn't. I have a feeling these two game have something big coming to them.
Dunno about AC, since Platinum might be content with just Bayonetta again. TH is looking likelier by the day though, yes.

Also, at least with the chairs, they actually foreshadowed the final bosses' death glows. This theory has even less of a thread unless we somehow get a pair of DLC bosses. :p No but seriously, since when has a character's trailer foreshadowed a completely different one? It would be pure coincidence at best.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Has anyone here listened to this new remix of "At Doom's Gate (E1M1)"?

It's only missing the quarter notes on the ride cymbal at the end of the loop. (I'm a musician; that's how I talk.)
Add those back in, and it's perfect.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So we got some info on that heavenly looking place that we've seen in the trailer.
Now I have no idea whatsoever what the name Urdak is derived from, but I can't help but feel like there's some important meaning behind it...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Doesn’t mean too much considering other games like Overwatch and Witcher 3 that had official licensed controllers, but it’s something.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Sabi Gordon.jpg

So the Monsun leak might not have been trolling after all. But ultimately we don't know. Maybe Gordon could be #5.

What if Gordon was #5, but the Mii Costume leak was real and we got Doom Slayer and Geno as well? We just get them a little later. Like March or something.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll take it with a grain of salt until Half-Life gets a collection for the Switch. Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1197399837362151424

We're pretty much still at an impasse as no one heard anything concrete except for Sabi's source not being in liberty to share the name they've heard. Odds are we won't know the truth until the damn VGAs finally drop.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, at least with the chairs, they actually foreshadowed the final bosses' death glows. This theory has even less of a thread unless we somehow get a pair of DLC bosses. :pNo but seriously, since when has a character's trailer foreshadowed a completely different one? It would be pure coincidence at best.
I compare it to the chairs because everyone looked at them and thought, "They are colored like Tatl and Tael! Skull Kid confirmed!"

View attachment 247581

So the Monsun leak might not have been trolling after all. But ultimately we don't know. Maybe Gordon could be #5.

What if Gordon was #5, but the Mii Costume leak was real and we got Doom Slayer and Geno as well? We just get them a little later. Like March or something.
That would definitely be something...
I would never think Gordon Freeman would get in Smash. One of the last characters I would expect.

All I know with the Mii costume leak is that we will be in the dark for months if they aren't related to fighter 5. I am also doubting a dual reveal at TGA... I don't think that they will reveal fighter 5 and then a post pass DLC character the same night.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ah, ok.

Another thing to keep in mind; some lesser-known leakers can actually do give out some real info, but the rest is made-up to make the whole leak look convincing. Like that one time a guy listed a :ultwario: Land Virtual Boy remake.…

Also, isn't it coincidental that we get a supposed Gordon Freeman leak at the same time the Half-Life VR game is announced? It's almost as if some people capitalise on recent news to get Smash fans' attention.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Gordon would be dope but Tyler from Valve News Network had been reoprting about Half Life Alyx for YEARS, so this guy probably piggybacked off of him and threw in Smash stuff to get attention

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And sure enough...

I wish that jumping to conclusions wasn't so commonplace in this fandom, that kind of ability's best saved for the Olympics.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Gordon would be dope but Tyler from Valve News Network had been reporting about Half-Life Alyx for YEARS, so this guy probably piggybacked off of him and threw in Smash stuff to get attention
I kind of doubt that Gorden would be #5, because only recently, somebody asked Gabe Newell if characters like Heavy were possible to be in smash, to which he responded by saying that Nintendo can approach them if they are interested in using their characters.
This implies Nintendo has not approached them.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I kind of doubt that Gorden would be #5, because only recently, somebody asked Gabe Newell if characters like Heavy were possible to be in smash, to which he responded by saying that Nintendo can approach them if they are interested in using their characters.
This implies Nintendo has not approached them.
I think that there is water to Sakurai's "Nintendo appearance as a courtesy" statement, seeing as that would make negotiations easier, even if it supposedly isn't a requirement. This isn't like Valve going "no problem fam, you can have our TF2 characters in the PC version of :ultsonic: All-Stars Racing Transformed" since that was specifically in their home turf, and so far every third-party has had at least one prior Nintendo hardware appearance, no matter how minor.

Also, given how Valve operates, it would be like trying to catch seeing a solar eclipse in this case.

Last edited:

dolke

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think are the chances of there being a double reveal at the game awards?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What do you guys think are the chances of there being a double reveal at the game awards?
It's possible (Nintendo's had double reveals at the Game Awards in the past, like announcing the Bayonetta 1 and 2 Switch ports shortly before announcing Bayonetta 3), and I could potentially see it happening if the first post-fighters-pass character is something huge, but I doubt it. (or at least I don't want to get my hopes unrealistically high)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm willing to acknowledge the possibility, but said possibility is very small.

I don't know why, but something tells me that revealing the final Pass Fighter alongside the first DLC character to be released afterwards wouldn't be possible, as if we're going by this thing, posted in the KOS-MOS thread...

...the post-pass fighter most likely won't be ready to show off, whether it's just showing their 3D model like they did with Terry, or gameplay footage that they usually do, assuming this "Cat Leak" rings true. Note how Terry started development the moment Joker finished, and how the same happened with Fighter 5 and Hero in those respective positions. Now I'm not saying this leak is true, but if it takes as long to develop a character as this graph implying, then I don't think we'll be able to see our first post-Pass fighter at the Game Awards alongside Fighter #5. A tease for what comes after, maybe, but not a flat-out reveal of a character.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
ehh, i dont think so. I think were getting A character, but not 2. Imo its very likely were getting an update on an upcoming game/ new game reveal too, so I guess you consider that a Nintendo "double reveal" but not 2 Smash reveals in particular.

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
Very possible.

It would be a no brainer if they end up the Fighter Pass, and then give us a taste of how the standalone DLC would look like.

Then the standalone DLC would continue to slowly dripfeed as Smash usually does it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With the RE spirits, I think we can put the "no realistic firearms" to rest. Those aren't """toy guns""" like Joker's, it's not a gun that only works in some other dimension or universe, no stupid explanation like that.

There are still people out there claiming Doomguy can't get in because of his firearms, or he's too violent.

That's a pistol. No way around it. That also looks to be an assault rifle Chris is holding.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
With the RE spirits, I think we can put the "no realistic firearms" to rest. Those aren't """toy guns""" like Joker's, it's not a gun that only works in some other dimension or universe, no stupid explanation like that.

There are still people out there claiming Doomguy can't get in because of his firearms, or he's too violent.

That's a pistol. No way around it. That also looks to be an assault rifle Chris is holding.
We've already had realistic spirit firearms in the MGS spirits, lol.

Top Bottom