• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Melee's End - Pro Impact CCSC Championship - Calgary, AB (Dec. 15th-16th)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Thanks for doing up that little list, Eric, that was really useful actually. I've been having crazy technical problems involving reformatting my hard drive and trying to re-establish the plethora of software that keeps my operation running, so I'm glad you were able to summarize it all in one go.

I'm going to check out an ulterior venue tomorrow afternoon, so I'll have some more information up in the evening.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the unconfirmed list. I might come if I can get some $. My name's Mat (one T) and I main Zelda and Link. I'm from Victoria, BC

greyfox5000

Smash Rookie
plan on coming

Its the **** out there but ima try 2 make it
Greyfox5000-Ontario-StarFox

no one need 2 kno my real name.......

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Talk is cheap.. lets see some Action BOI! perhaps Videos? or else theres always going to the tournament and showing us your skills:)

and also to make this post not useless... lol

Unconfirmed

Quebec

BAM (Max, Falco)

greyfox5000

Smash Rookie
lol yea, looking forward 2 a challenge fer once, jus wish it wasnt the **** out in calgary.
n ill work on my cam 2 tape a vid

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Attention Greyfox5000:

This thread is solely for the discussion of the tournament at hand. If you wish to find videos and players from your area, go to the Regional Zones tournament category and select your area. You will find many threads, one or two of which will adhere to your specific area of interest.

Post in there about being new to the scene and if your spelling and punctiation is any better than it is here, posters from that area may feel inclined to help you out.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Click on my signature to find some vids.

By the way.
My family friend recently talked to me about the possible dangers of driving to Calgary from BC in the middle of winter. What do you guys think about this?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Nitro Blazer on Gamefaqs said he was going...

He lives in Calgary Alberta
lol thats alex, hes already well known here. aswell as frequents bi-weeklies.

By the way.
My family friend recently talked to me about the possible dangers of driving to Calgary from BC in the middle of winter. What do you guys think about this?
I've done it before, the trick is to give yourself lots of time, and remember you are driving through a mountain and the road isnt huge.

so basically, drive carefully.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
****. I just remembered Canada is ****ing cold. What's the weather going to be like?

Also, who wants to team with me?
Delphiki, it's not THAT cold. But then, like, I live in British Columbia, so maybe it's not so bad here. Anyways. Shouldn't be less than -30 degrees Celcius. God knows what that is in farenheit.

by the way, i'm sure you'll get a partner easy.

WHO WANTS TO TEAM WITH DELPHIKI, PRO [FOX] PLAYER OMGZ?!

Ridinghigh

Smash Rookie
The only reason that Canada isnt well know for gaming is cause the US has more gaming leagues and stuff... so the good gamers dont get noticed >.<

Ridinghigh

Smash Rookie
Hmmm not alot of people are playing Falco... i guess the title of best falco in canada is mine!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Get off at the airport terminal, board the nearest dogsled and MUSH!

****. I just remembered Canada is ****ing cold. What's the weather going to be like?

Also, who wants to team with me?

I also will need a crew. ^_^
Hopefully the grossly overestimated temperature lows haven't scared you away already. To say that "it shouldn't be less than -30º Celsius" makes it sound like there's a guarantee that it'll be at least half as cold as that. And saying that it shouldn't be less than -22º Fahrenheit is pretty much the same; I don't think I've seen air temperatures that cold for several years now.

Winter seasons in Calgary have been surprisingly mild in recent years. On December 15th of last year, the low temperature recorded was 24.2º F (-4.3º C) with no snowfall whatsoever. We've had more or less dry, brown Christmases for quite some time now. Everyone's making it sound like travelling from California to Calgary is like plotting a trip from the Congo to the South Pole; but have no fear!

That said, bring a jacket.

As to the crew, hopefully there will be enough American interest to have one (or more) regional U.S. crews. Teams? Well, you might be able to team with Phen (Yöp!), but then again, I've never known of any Ice Climber players who really believe that four of them makes a good team. :cool:

Blunted_object10 said:
Nitro Blazer on Gamefaqs said he was going...

He lives in Calgary Alberta
It seems a little odd to me that he would confirm on GameFAQs and not on here...and I worry about Bam all of a sudden because Vwins has planted the seed of doubt. Are you posting people just "to make this post not useless" or have you actually heard from Bam? Your help has been greatly appreciated while I try and sort out all the details, but too many middlemen can confuse the issue with friends confirming for friends of friends, etc...I ultimately would like to know each and every person who's thinking of coming beforehand. Players who never expressed an interest in coming in the first place shouldn't even be on the unconfirmed list. Otherwise, I'd list the whole 0C3 cast, too. :cool:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hmmm not alot of people are playing Falco... i guess the title of best falco in canada is mine!
FalseFalco's basically got that title. But LOL. About a third of us either main him or use him as a secondary.

btw. You should try to contact some Edmonton smashers so you get a feel for the competitive scene and to improve and what not.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
It seems a little odd to me that he would confirm on GameFAQs and not on here...and I worry about Bam all of a sudden because Vwins has planted the seed of doubt. Are you posting people just "to make this post not useless" or have you actually heard from Bam? Your help has been greatly appreciated while I try and sort out all the details, but too many middlemen can confuse the issue with friends confirming for friends of friends, etc...I ultimately would like to know each and every person who's thinking of coming beforehand. Players who never expressed an interest in coming in the first place shouldn't even be on the unconfirmed list. Otherwise, I'd list the whole 0C3 cast, too.
Bam said he will probably go with Vwins.. making BAM UnConfirmed for going.. I talked to him on
msn..

i don't know why Nitro Blazer posted on Gamefaqs and not on this thread.. i guess he goes on Gamefaqs more often?

Same for PkmVodka...?

Ridinghigh

Smash Rookie
I dont know guys... ive been told im pretty good with folco, plus i have got a feel of what the tournament players are like =P

Top Bottom