• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

At Melee's End - Pro Impact CCSC Championship - Calgary, AB (Dec. 15th-16th)

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hmmm, if you wanna do the brawl and 64 idea, and dont mind adding days,

make it three days, first 64 then melee then brawl.

each having all events if possible.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
there should be a melty blood tournament

right guys that weren't really from that small ontario city that i couldn't name if i cared+cameron+joel+andy+Randall (you were there for that, right?)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I'm quite interested in coming to this :0 but Randall, you gotta do a SHINE for us this time. If you can't, then we can't be friends anymore. LOL!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Hmmm, if you wanna do the brawl and 64 idea, and dont mind adding days,

make it three days, first 64 then melee then brawl.

each having all events if possible.
It would be cool i guess, but would also really make it even more difficult to make it up there for all 3 days. I guess missing the 64 day wouldnt be that bad though, knowing how 75% of everyone will go pikachu haha...so broken...

ThePrime

Smash Lord
If you guys were really going to make it a 3 day event: Have the first 2 days soley for 64/melee. As for brawl, personally, having been released 1.5 weeks ago (im thinking in the future as if im at this event RIGHT NOW OMGZ), would rather spend time unlocking all the crap in the game and just tinkering around with all the characters and just get a general feel for the game. Which means for the third day, have it a 'do whatever the F you want' day, people that wanna play brawl - let them play, people that want to participate in another 64/melee tournament - go for it, people that want to do friendlies - let them, and people that arent doing anything and are standing around - DONT LET THEM (FORCE them to play something haha).

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I don't think the three-day tournament is a good idea.
Sure, we all love ssb64 and we all want to play brawl, but that's wishful thinking. Running a successful tournament is hard work, and time is always limited. Randall will make sure that whatever time we do have is great, as opposed to a bunch of mediocre, rushed tournaments.

Generally, we are Melee players. I am going primarily for a melee tournament. I <3 ssb64 more, but i only play melee competitively. I do not want -anything- that will take away from the concept of a excellently-run final Canadian melee tournament.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
My name in real life is Sho.
I also side with the side that disagrees with a 3 day tourney...I'd rather screw around with items, unlock all the unblock ables and beat all modes than try to be competitive.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sho is such a cool name. I wish i was Japanese.

If it was a 3 day, i won't be making the 3rd day.

kithkin

Smash Champion
oh I was just putting an idea in since everyone was doing it.

and levi is right, I have no influence over anything, except for maybe people opinions, which the influence things... oh wait, yeah thats right.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Oh dear, I'd best settle some scores, or this thread'll get craaaazy.....

ADD A SMASH 64 TOURNAMENT

THERE IS HIGH DEMAND FOR IT... by like 4 people
Yes, there will be a Smash 64 tournament. Yes, we will all bow down low to SuPeRbOoM's 64-bit superiority.

It's not in the post yet, but it's always been part of the plan.

I don't know if I can go D=
That may well be the quickest leap from "confirmed" to "unconfirmed" in the history of Pro Impact threads. :)

there should be a melty blood tournament

right guys that weren't really from that small ontario city that i couldn't name if i cared+cameron+joel+andy+Randall (you were there for that, right?)
There will not be a Melty Blood tournament, and for this, I cannot express my remorse in words. Nothing says "Farewell, Melee!" like a two-dimensional fighting character with a wolf coming out of his crotch.

I'm quite interested in coming to this :0 but Randall, you gotta do a SHINE for us this time. If you can't, then we can't be friends anymore. LOL!
Deal. It's funny you should mention that; I was in a hurry yesterday morning and wasn't paying attention on the road when a Cadillac Escalade f-smashed me way off course! I had to tech the guard rail to avoid a serious autobody KO, but I was more worried about the extra distance I would have to cover due to the time limit.

Thankfully, I was able to jump-cancel the yellow light and made it to work on time.

Never take a post by kithkin seriousy. i mean NEVER.
His say has zero influence on this tournament
This is a valid point.

Kithkin is an enthusiastic Calgary smasher, though being Calgarian doesn't necessarily mean that you know what's going on with this tournament. He also happens to spam threads with stunning consistency and his sheer omnipresence across the SmashBoards have caused me more headaches than help, so let me settle a couple things that probably didn't need to get brought up in the first place:
  • This will be a 2 day event.
  • There will not be a Brawl tournament.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Deal. It's funny you should mention that; I was in a hurry yesterday morning and wasn't paying attention on the road when a Cadillac Escalade f-smashed me way off course! I had to tech the guard rail to avoid a serious autobody KO, but I was more worried about the extra distance I would have to cover due to the time limit.

Thankfully, I was able to jump-cancel the yellow light and made it to work on time.
LOLL!! Randall, you are made of genuine win, really. <3

There will not be a Melty Blood tournament, and for this, I cannot express my remorse in words. Nothing says "Farewell, Melee!" like a two-dimensional fighting character with a wolf coming out of his crotch.
rofl! don't forget the birds and a deer, XD.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Zeal Schpeel

WHOA! What's that?! Randall managed to insult me? =P I'm not for the "Jesus"ing.
Oh I know you're not, Manuel, but I'm not for the righteous enforcement of language control from religious movements either. My view on the subject differs greatly from yours, but I assume that you're an intelligent enough person to recognize the difference between taking offense and being deliberately insulted.

WarranThad button mashing technique FTW!
The WarranThad combo will go down in history as the singlemost inconsistent sequence of effective attacks in the history of gaming!

By the way, you thinkin' of coming to this, Cameron?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Oh I know you're not, Manuel, but I'm not for the righteous enforcement of language control from religious movements either. My view on the subject differs greatly from yours, but I assume that you're an intelligent enough person to recognize the difference between taking offense and being deliberately insulted.
Language control from religious movements? Do you mean language control protecting "religious movements"? I daresay something that may be extremely important to someone might just be best left alone.

I only bring this up because I know you're an intelligent person, and you already know the complications and even hurt feelings that follow even a slight attack on one's personal faith.

I fail to see why one would be for the enforcement of language control surrounding the topics of race, sex, and sexual orientation, but let all fly loose on the rather taboo subject of religion. I would suspect that a thorough person would like to be consistent in being delicate during conversation so as to respect social and ethnic differences, without one's own opinion playing a possibly hurtful role.

However, being an intelligent person, I'm sure you know this already.

edit:// I don't want to be a party pooper though. "Jesus" it up all you'd like.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
man that was a ton of fun. Almost as fun as Warioware

"I'm going to sleep right after this one game!"

that sure stuck!

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
As the days go by, the chances of me coming to this grow. I won't be in school, so I can come whenever, I do, however, have to schedule some time off work, cuz I don't wanna arrive in Calgary Friday night and leave Sunday night, nomsain? So I was wondering if anyone can house me for a week or so, Alberta/B-C/wherever.

As I previously stated, I wanna be staying somewhere where there's alot of special grass ; ).

Top Bottom