• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AT: Double Aerial in Air with D-air

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
T_T
I cant see the video (some virus keeps me from going on youtube), so can someone describe the technique?

Is it basically just full hopping a Dair and then double jumping at the last second to mindgame with another aerial?

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
o.o

Wow. Using your second jump before you land on the ground.

Smooth Criminal
^^

Wow, this will completely change G&Ws meta game!!
It would be great if it does, we will see...

It would make an excellent way to make someone think twice before side stepping the first dair.
YES. =)

T_T
I cant see the video (some virus keeps me from going on youtube), so can someone describe the technique?

Is it basically just full hopping a Dair and then double jumping at the last second to mindgame with another aerial?
LOL, of all people it has to be a Game and Watch main. Why couldn't it be a Fox main or something; just loling at this right now.

E: As you said, yes.
Thanks for confirming this to him.

...yeah.

10char.
Uhh? , sure!

Groundbreaking I tell you.
Who knew right? And whats even more striking is the fact that this game is how old? almost 8 years old and things are still being found!

This might not be as amazing as other feats. found, but it is a pretty cool find and something to be excited about.

edit: I haz thee 9th post! ; Yays!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you made a topic about the fact that Dair autocancels if you fullhop?
:(

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
you made a topic about the fact that Dair autocancels if you fullhop?
:(
Yes, I don't think many Game and Watch players actually use this technique or don't even know it is possible to jump after a D-air without landing on the floor to do so. It's something I think that Game and Watch mains should know about or do more of.

Is that it?
Yes that is it. As simple as that.

The video is actually kinda long; I know. It could have been shorter but I guess I had fun messing around with it, and finding out that I recorded some cool moments, made it even longer than needed.

owells =D

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
BTW, this is a Link tech.
Yeah it is! I remember Sto telling me that this was possible with Link's B-air; I was going to make the comparison to Link's B-air; thanks for bringing it up HilH =P

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
shffl dair -> shorthop/fullhop stuff is most likely quicker than this tbh Phenom.

EDIT: why the hell does SDM's Frame Data say "CAN'T" under L-canceled landlag for uair, nair, and bair?

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
shffl dair -> shorthop/fullhop stuff is most likely quicker than this tbh Phenom.

EDIT: why the hell does SDM's Frame Data say "CAN'T" under L-canceled landlag for uair, nair, and bair?
You are right Strong Bad. Shffl dair to sh dair is much faster to full hop Dair to short hop dair (before landing on the floor).

Strong Bad it is not about speed always; this technique can create enough suspense in the air to allow a possible opening to follow it up with another aerial.

Example: In the video, it shows how I spike my friend DannyX(C.F. in the video) after I juggle him with the u-air and then spike him down with a D-air(must be done in beginning frames of the move;3-4 something like that.) and follow it up with a B-air I believe. My friend DannyX was perplexed in the timing(suspense) because of how slow the technique seemed that he did a get-up-attack to early and got punished for it.

Let's say he teched it and rolled. I would've teched chased him in the air and either have B-aired or F-aired him.

Just to say again, it is not always about speed and especially for a Game and Watch main.

Thanks for your input Strong Bad; I find this argument beneficial to my fellow Game and Watch peers so thanks man.

Also, on SDM's Frame Data it says "CAN'T" under L-canceled landlag for u-air, n-air, and b-air because you can't L-cancel those moves with Game and Watch. So as elvenarrow3000 suggested.

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
well, i saw the video (didnt expect it to be 8 minutes long), but im having trouble pulling this off consistently...

what is an easy way to do it?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it makes no sense that those moves can't be l-canceled. i am flabbergasted.

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
well i just cant get the timing for jumping after i do the Dair

im not very consistent with it, only about once per five tries

with link and his Bair I was able to do that easily, but with GaW and his Dair it isnt as simple

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Uh, just, do it faster? I don't know what you're looking for, there's no secret button on the underside of the controller that does it for you.

AXE 09

Smash Master
so.... if he's able to double jump after a full jump dair... that means he's able to waveland too, right?

hmmmm...

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
so.... if he's able to double jump after a full jump dair... that means he's able to waveland too, right?

hmmmm...
That may not be completely true. This may be like Ganon's full jump dair to double jump, it gets autocanceled when jump or an attack is imputed and not the trigger for some reason. If I remember right same goes for Mewtwo's dtilt, you gotta auto cancel it with by moving forward and not just sit and hit an other dtilt. Don't know why some of the autocancels are like this but if G&W is similar wave lands probably won't work.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
it makes no sense that those moves can't be l-canceled. i am flabbergasted.
Hahahaha !!!

hmmmm...
Quiet you !!! It was supposed to be for them to find out; that's why I didn't mention it yet =D !!! GTFO yellow rat ! Just kidding; I love your pikachu. <3

Anyways... to do this you want to jump after dair and hold the stick horizontally all the way to the left or right and press L or R to waveland; this waveland should be done immediately after the dair so that it seems that you do not jump at all.

That may not be completely true. This may be like Ganon's full jump dair to double jump, it gets autocanceled when jump or an attack is imputed and not the trigger for some reason. If I remember right same goes for Mewtwo's dtilt, you gotta auto cancel it with by moving forward and not just sit and hit an other dtilt. Don't know why some of the autocancels are like this but if G&W is similar wave lands probably won't work.
^^ you can waveland after a D-air using Game and Watch.

LOL, how did you not know that. BTW, this video/thread is amazing.
Glad your enjoying it.

lol you didnt know GaW couldnt l-cancel 3 aerials?

rofl
Exactly, lol !

Up air is a tragedy. That move could use a lcancel.
I agree.

well, i saw the video (didnt expect it to be 8 minutes long), but im having trouble pulling this off consistently...

what is an easy way to do it?
Press up on the joy-stick until you have reached the highest point of vertical distance for Game and Watch's first jump, and in the moment you start rolling the stick down, you want to press A; perfect execution will allow for the animation of the D-air to end in air before landing on the floor, thus there is enough frames to jump again.

I recommend using the joy-stick for your second jump aswell. Don't use X/Y or any other method just yet. I think this is the easiest way of learning the proper timing.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Quiet you !!! It was supposed to be for them to find out; that's why I didn't mention it yet =D !!! GTFO yellow rat ! Just kidding; I love your pikachu. <3
lol! my bad ^^ just thinking of some things hahaha

so i was able to pull off some wavelands after a full jump dair, but it's kinda hard

dude.... G&W is WAY harder to use than pikachu, wtf! i should drop pika for G&W lol
too bad i love pikachu way too much =)

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
lol! my bad ^^ just thinking of some things hahaha

so i was able to pull off some wavelands after a full jump dair, but it's kinda hard

dude.... G&W is WAY harder to use than pikachu, wtf! i should drop pika for G&W lol
too bad i love pikachu way too much =)
Ummmm...no your not(LOL!) the world needs you to keep on repping Pikachu!

Yeah, the Dair to waveland is pretty hard.
-Practice and mental techniques can help it become much easier to do; I'll mention some if you want =P

I do like how you think; challenging yourself =) . No wonder why you rep a low tier too =P

Top Bottom