• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assembly of Unfamiliar Information: Give Jeepy Something to Test!

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Lucario has a boost smash. If he does, it has such a small window that it doesn't have any practical use.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Howdy.

I thank you, Jeepy Sol, for the excellent work you have done here. This (and Infi-tan's guide/Inner Fire videos [which are awesome if anyone hasn't seen them]) was the main reason I decided to join SWF. This has gotta be one of the most tactical threads in all the forums. I hope I can contribute at one point. :)
<3

I didn't want to create a thread simply to ask this, so here goes:

Is there any practical uses for RAR'ing a n-air? I don't know why, but I find that I do that a lot.

Thanks! ^-^
I do that a lot as well. I usually do that while I'm trying to set up for a b-air, but change my mind at the last second.

As for practical uses, I don't think there are any. The hitboxes come out at the same time, and the knockback and damage are the same.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Oh I've never thought of doing that.

Well I suppose you could use n-air while RARing if you think it will take a sec for an attack to hit the opponent. Like if you think b-air wouldn't last long enough to hit you could n-air.

Wait really? The hitboxes come out at the same time? I could have sworn n-air comes out faster than b-air.....

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I assume its because of the properties of Dair not modifying momentum if you are being affected by knockback. I guess maybe when you powershield, jump, dair it is during the time of which knockback should normally be in effect and so your momentum is not halted by the move.

Of course this all just speculation, though.

Lawn

Smash Cadet
I assume its because of the properties of Dair not modifying momentum if you are being affected by knockback. I guess maybe when you powershield, jump, dair it is during the time of which knockback should normally be in effect and so your momentum is not halted by the move.

Of course this all just speculation, though.
Sounds legit to me.

I've never seen anything like this, though.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
****, i always stop paying attention to SWF (and especially this thread) just when good stuff is going on.

thoughts on the new dair: There's a lot of weird stuff with lucario's dair if you're moving straight sideways then jump. But the real question is what else can be done during the time that the character is doing while they have landing lag? My thoughts were either using a bair or an AS depending on which direction you're facing as this happens.

Lucario's probably one of the few characters that can take advantage of something like this just because he slides a LOT during powershields.

It's been awhile since this was question was posed so lets see if anything has changed:
-What's your favorite trick with lucario?

Mine: the fair to nair combo followed by ES back to the stage while the opponent is off the screen dead

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the glitch works with other momentum altering dairs, like Sheik, ZSS, Sonic, etc.

Looks to be a very useful trick with Lucario if you can master it. I imagine you have to be pretty darn quick out of that powershield.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I wonder if the glitch works with other momentum altering dairs, like Sheik, ZSS, Sonic, etc.
I'm not quite sure if it would work the same with those characters, since their d-airs make them fastfall. It's kinda hard to picture a d-air with upwards momentum that originally fastfalls. I'll try it out when I get the chance tough.

Thanks for this Jeepy. You are the man. Seems like on this thread I learn something new every day.

Uses for this 'glitch'? For me it looks a bit too difficult to pull off, especially since when I perfect shield it takes me a sec to realize I did :/ I'm always too slow to punish someone right after a perfect shield...time to practice...

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I would assume those to not really be useful as their momentum-altering properties are different. If you hit one of such characters with a vertical knockback and they use their Dair you can see that their momentum is the difference between the momentum during knockback and the momentum normally associated with the move. This could be earliest seen with Toon Link's floating Dair.

By assumption I would think that the moves would have the downward momentum of the difference between the jump velocity when the move started and the adjusting velocity of the attack. Of course, this is all just guesswork as I honestly just don't care about the other characters that can perform this technique.

Lawn

Smash Cadet
But would it work for Ivysaur's u-air? Her u-air stops upward momentum, yes?

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
But would it work for Ivysaur's u-air? Her u-air stops upward momentum, yes?
it would probably send him down like it normally does. Ivy's uair send him down doesn't it? either way i know ivy has a horrible amount of lag afterwards from both his uair and dair so either way he'd hit the ground and have to suffer through the buffer animations.

Lawn

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah. I suppose d-air wouldn't work either, then.

Also, I don't know if this is known, I haven't played lucario for too long, but u-throw can *kind of* be chained.

And b-throw can be chained for the first throw as well, I believe. You just have to be quick.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Hey, Jeepy? Is it possible to get data on the other parts of the jab combo and stuff so we can figure out what "jab mixups" are actually true combos?

Also, I never noticed, but does Double Team seriously come out on frame 2? Ouch, I knew my timing was bad... but SHEESH... ._.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Also, I never noticed, but does Double Team seriously come out on frame 2? Ouch, I knew my timing was bad... but SHEESH... ._.
yeah, when i saw that i was pissed. Worst idea for a counter-esque move EVER

Also, I don't know if this is known, I haven't played lucario for too long, but u-throw can *kind of* be chained.

And b-throw can be chained for the first throw as well, I believe. You just have to be quick.
if your opponent tries to move the control stick, they can escape

but uthrow does combo well and bthrow is a good throw

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
No, Frame 2 would be a GOOD thing. Double Team is a great move in its own right. =\
i always get it interrupted. Far more often than when i try it with marth (who apparently starts working on 5, and can be stuffed, but that seems slow).

which really makes me wonder now if DT actually works on frame 2 and it isn't something in the 6-10 range

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
i always get it interrupted. Far more often than when i try it with marth (who apparently starts working on 5, and can be stuffed, but that seems slow).

which really makes me wonder now if DT actually works on frame 2 and it isn't something in the 6-10 range
You know, a reliable source told me that it came out on frame two, so I never bothered testing it...

Whoops! @__@

Guess I better bust out the ol' Frame Data testings again!

Sorry about that, folks!

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Is it common knowledge that Lucario can do a sliding d-smash? I remember a while ago SamuraiPanda discovered an AT, but I don't remember if that was it.

Anyway, I just did it with Lucario, and if it's not known how to do it, I'll look into it.

Milln

Smash Champion
Lucario barely slides anywhere cause his paws are made out of hobbyist cement so his sliding dsmash is pretty useless. D=

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I'm not really concerned whether or not it is useful. I am more interested in how to do it, and look for applications later. Is it already known how to do this?

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Is it common knowledge that Lucario can do a sliding d-smash? I remember a while ago SamuraiPanda discovered an AT, but I don't remember if that was it.

Anyway, I just did it with Lucario, and if it's not known how to do it, I'll look into it.
yeah, i use it with zelda now and then, but lucario can't do it well, plus when panda did it it was for fsmash.

I'm interested in making dsmash better...but fsmash is still faster so idk how much of a boost it has, but it has to be a pretty big one to make up for fsmash's range and speed

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but there is something I need to say.

It turns out, the way I was told to do frame data is pretty inaccurate. So, the frame data that I have spent months compiling, is incorrect. I'm extremely sorry. Honestly, I'm very dissapointed in myself.

Before you get mad at me, remember that had only good intentions. And, like I said, I spent a very long time compiling it. Also, frame data is not the only thing I've done. I've spent most of my Brawl career analysing every aspect of Lucario.

Please look through this thread and look at all the other stuff I have tested/found before you reprimand me.

Again, I am terribly sorry that I let you all down.

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but there is something I need to say.

It turns out, the way I was told to do frame data is pretty inaccurate. So, the frame data that I have spent months compiling, is incorrect. I'm extremely sorry. Honestly, I'm very dissapointed in myself.

Before you get mad at me, remember that had only good intentions. And, like I said, I spent a very long time compiling it. Also, frame data is not the only thing I've done. I've spent most of my Brawl career analysing every aspect of Lucario.

Please look through this thread and look at all the other stuff I have tested/found before you reprimand me.

Again, I am terribly sorry that I let you all down.
EmoJeepy is Emo.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned yet but extreme awesome can also be done by hitting the ground instead of the ceiling.

Top Bottom