• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assembly of Unfamiliar Information: Give Jeepy Something to Test!

Milln

Smash Champion
I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned yet but extreme awesome can also be done by hitting the ground instead of the ceiling.
Because that's not the same thing. There's much more vulnerability if you slam into the ground than into a ceiling. For one, you can't attack directly out of it until you fully recover. With the ceiling, you bounce off and continue moving quickly, and then when you reach the ground again, YOU know where you are/will be, but the opponent does not immediately. Not only do you have surprised, but you have a 0-frame recovery time, enabling you to do something right when you land, making it actually feasible if practiced.

Timbers

check me out
lol jeepy no one's mad at you.

It's not like you were plotting this since the very beginning to destroy Lucarios by giving inaccurate frame data.

But I will be trying to get some for this thread in the upcoming week(s)

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but there is something I need to say.

It turns out, the way I was told to do frame data is pretty inaccurate. So, the frame data that I have spent months compiling, is incorrect. I'm extremely sorry. Honestly, I'm very dissapointed in myself.

Before you get mad at me, remember that had only good intentions. And, like I said, I spent a very long time compiling it. Also, frame data is not the only thing I've done. I've spent most of my Brawl career analysing every aspect of Lucario.

Please look through this thread and look at all the other stuff I have tested/found before you reprimand me.

Again, I am terribly sorry that I let you all down.
you dont have to be sorry, everyone makes mistakes so it ok. Anyways its not like you screwed all lucarios playstyle and metagame or did you? nah just jk its ok.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
correct me if im wrong but isn't the point of extreme awesome hitting the ceiling at an angle, bouncing off and landing with 0 lag to execute an attack instantaneously?

the technique im referring to is fundamentally the same except you hit the gound at an angle instead of the ceiling.

if i'm getting something wrong can somebody please clarify things for me

Milln

Smash Champion
correct me if im wrong but isn't the point of extreme awesome hitting the ceiling at an angle, bouncing off and landing with 0 lag to execute an attack instantaneously?

the technique im referring to is fundamentally the same except you hit the gound at an angle instead of the ceiling.

/\ is not the same as \/

You can't land upside down on ceilings and you can't attack immediately upon reaching the ground. You're on the ground, VULNERABLE, for a good second before you can do anything, whereas ExtremeAwesome moves you very quickly over a distance and you really won't get hit until you start coming back down.

MysticKenji

Smash Master

Ground EA:
1. Sends you about the same distance as your roll
2. Leaves you very vulnerable
3. Makes you lose your UpB
4. Obvious and punishable

Ceiling EA:
1. Goes across Luigi's Mansion
2. No lag
3. You still have ES
4. Also obvious but harder to punish
5. It looks cooler

Therefore, Ceiling EA > Ground EA

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Right after I released my "Ledge Tricks" video, I discovered another one. I haven't put it in a video because I've been trying to discover more so that It wouldn't be just 1 trick.

Does anyone know of any other "Ledge Tricks" that aren't in my first video/common knowledge?

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but there is something I need to say.

It turns out, the way I was told to do frame data is pretty inaccurate. So, the frame data that I have spent months compiling, is incorrect. I'm extremely sorry. Honestly, I'm very dissapointed in myself.

Before you get mad at me, remember that had only good intentions. And, like I said, I spent a very long time compiling it. Also, frame data is not the only thing I've done. I've spent most of my Brawl career analysing every aspect of Lucario.

Please look through this thread and look at all the other stuff I have tested/found before you reprimand me.

Again, I am terribly sorry that I let you all down.
**** YOU! stupid dumb jeepy made me suck
jk

Right after I released my "Ledge Tricks" video, I discovered another one. I haven't put it in a video because I've been trying to discover more so that It wouldn't be just 1 trick.

Does anyone know of any other "Ledge Tricks" that aren't in my first video/common knowledge?
umm, drop>jump>uair>ledgegrab, works well on battlefield.

and if you have crazy fast hands maybe you can do that thing milln does with the pseudo stick aurasphere onto the platform. Btw, i think in your original vid you showed one of the few uses of FP flame :p.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
**** YOU! stupid dumb jeepy made me suck
jk
*Bowser laugh*

umm, drop>jump>uair>ledgegrab, works well on battlefield.

and if you have crazy fast hands maybe you can do that thing milln does with the pseudo stick aurasphere onto the platform. Btw, i think in your original vid you showed one of the few uses of FP flame :p.
Yeah, that's a thought. I'm gonna test some stuff at other levels too before I make it.

Also. I have a stickied thread in the Jigglypuff boards where people ask me to test things and I do. I thought I would start that up here instead of making a new thread. So, if you have aything, anything (besides frame data...) that you would like me to test, go ahead and ask.

I'll try and get some videos up sometime soon. You can post those up as fancy stuff to do, in general. I'll make one specifically for the special ways of using b/pseudo sticking, and one for other stuff like cancelling your lag on the up-B on the ledge.

Stuff to test out? Hmmm...yea I got nothin'. Sorry Jeepy.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
DOUBLE TEAM FRAME DATA!!!!!! >_>

umm...for testing...how about checking the invincibility on lucario for his 100%+ ledge attack, i dont know how many people i've gotten to attack that because he looks SO ****ing vulnerable, but he's got super armor. Also test if uair's puff remains a hitbox if you ff. I can't think of anything else atm

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
DOUBLE TEAM FRAME DATA!!!!!! >_>

umm...for testing...how about checking the invincibility on lucario for his 100%+ ledge attack, i dont know how many people i've gotten to attack that because he looks SO ****ing vulnerable, but he's got super armor. Also test if uair's puff remains a hitbox if you ff. I can't think of anything else atm
Alright.

Double Team hitbox comes out on frame FLIP YOU!

For the 100%+ Ledge attack, it is not super armor frames, but invincibility frames. He is invulnerable all the way until hitbox comes out, and even a tiny bit afterwords. That's about as specific as I can get.

I tested the u-air hitbox a little while ago. The the animation of the "puff ball" stays in place, but according to Timbers, the hitbox will follow Lucario's foot. And I trust Timbers.

Anyone got anything else for me to test? =3

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Testing Implied Priority is hard. Especially because I didn't have anyone to test with me. :(

Anyway, attacks with implied priority won't clank. They can trade hits, but they'll never clank. So it basically comes down to what attack has more "disjointedness" (ie. range).

This is what I came up with:

Link's/TL's u-air will trade hits with our d-air.
Zelda's u-air outranges our d-air.
Ivysaur's u-air beats our d-air.
Olimar's u-air beats our d-air.

And I'm pretty sure that's it. I only tested characters who have u-airs with disjointed hitboxes. Luc's d-air's hitbox is larger than all of the other character's u-airs.

Anybody got anything else? =3

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Jeeps, could you test if dtilt really does has IASA frames? I know we've talked about it before, but nobody was ever really sure whether it did or didn't.

Oh, and if you're into that priority stuff, could you test if and at what % will FC aura spheres outprioritize ROB's ftilt?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Jeeps, could you test if dtilt really does has IASA frames? I know we've talked about it before, but nobody was ever really sure whether it did or didn't.

Oh, and if you're into that priority stuff, could you test if and at what % will FC aura spheres outprioritize ROB's ftilt?
Yeah, Kenji and I were talking about it in the guide. It does in fact have IASA frames. I don't know the frame, but it's at about the time when Lucario brings his hand back.

As for the FCAS outprioritizing ROB's f-tilt, it does so at 58%+.

Moar plx. =3

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
omg yay Jeepy is doing Q&A :D OK here are minez:

1.Do you Think Lucario can make any use of Grab Release?
After Watching Inner Fire 11 I started wondering wether lucario can make any use of the releases :o
when picking up Martha (to combat G&W and still keep Disjoints & Range) i learned that Grab releases can be scary :U

2.Do you think we can get a list of Moves that cancel out BAS?
I was bored yesterday and tried this out when looking through Lucario VS ROB (Be sure to check out the picture too lolz) and I was amazed at how many moves cancel out the awesome projectile :( It seems that the characters that already have a reflector can cancel them with most of their attacks.*Falco can with all his tilts & smashes <_<)

and... uh well thats it ;_; I thought I could come up with a 3rd but my mind Punked out on me =(

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
omg yay Jeepy is doing Q&A :D OK here are minez:

1.Do you Think Lucario can make any use of Grab Release?
After Watching Inner Fire 11 I started wondering wether lucario can make any use of the releases :o
when picking up Martha (to combat G&W and still keep Disjoints & Range) i learned that Grab releases can be scary :U

2.Do you think we can get a list of Moves that cancel out BAS?
I was bored yesterday and tried this out when looking through Lucario VS ROB (Be sure to check out the picture too lolz) and I was amazed at how many moves cancel out the awesome projectile :( It seems that the characters that already have a reflector can cancel them with most of their attacks.*Falco can with all his tilts & smashes <_<)

and... uh well thats it ;_; I thought I could come up with a 3rd but my mind Punked out on me =(

1.) It's funny that you mention that. I was just messing around against a lvl. 9, and noticed that if you grab Ness in the air, you get a free aerial (f-air/n-air work best). Unfortunately, I don't have another person to test with, so if anyone is up for it, please post here with your results. You might also want to try it on Lucas and Wario. I no one is up to it, I can try to find someone else, but it may be a while.

2.) Any specific characters you would like me to try it with? All characters, and all moves, is a little much.

culexus・wau

hmmmm maybe you could just confirm the fact that those with a Reflector can Cancel out BAS with their normal moves anyhow? I'd work on the list If I had the time...... and if I wasn't pro at procastination

Milln

Smash Champion
Dear Jeeps,
Find out why Aura Sphere (I've only done it with Fully Charged if it matters) sometimes hits Wolf anyway when he brings out his reflector. It completely ignores the shine. I think it has something to do with the invincibility frames. When you find out the cause, see if it applies to other characters with similars moves.

Thanks,

-Milln

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Dear Jeeps,
Find out why Aura Sphere (I've only done it with Fully Charged if it matters) sometimes hits Wolf anyway when he brings out his reflector. It completely ignores the shine. I think it has something to do with the invincibility frames. When you find out the cause, see if it applies to other characters with similars moves.

Thanks,

-Milln
right at the beginning of his reflector? That's Super armor like Olimar's downb

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
hmmmm maybe you could just confirm the fact that those with a Reflector can Cancel out BAS with their normal moves anyhow? I'd work on the list If I had the time...... and if I wasn't pro at procastination
Ok. All characters with reflectors. Crossed out ones means that it doesn't outprioritize BAS.

Mario:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt
D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash

Fox:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt
D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash

Zelda:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt

D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash

D-smash

Pit:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt
D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash

Falco:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt
D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash

Wolf:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt (He'll sometimes jump over it)
D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash

ROB:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt
D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash

Ness:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt
D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash

Lucas:
Jab
F-tilt
U-tilt
D-tilt
F-smash
U-smash
D-smash

Dear Jeeps,

Thanks,

-Milln
What Bondzy said. I actually didn't know that until he said it, so thanks.

I'm pretty sure that it is Wolf specific.

Anyone got anything else? =3

Milln

Smash Champion
So it's as I thought. He pulls it up too late and the Sphere travels through the invincibility and chills in the center of Wolf, not touching the reflector beams and he gets hit. Kay.

Timbers

check me out
I read your post wrong Milln lol. I thought you meant the aurasphere just travelled on through him.

I dunno. I've seen it happen to Falco before too, and to my knowledge Falco doesn't have invincibility frames.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Just came to thought.

If you to DT Ness (or Lucas) while he's recovering in the air, will it effect where they keep going?
Just came to mind, and its simple to test.
-t2

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
okay what's the difference between super armor and invincibilty frames now, the fact that you take damage?

I thought wolf took damage if he used his reflector at the perfect time...but if it's not damaging then yeah, that makes sense.

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, super armor you take % but there's no knockback. Invincibility you have neither.

I know it's not really practical, but has anyone figured out why sometimes AS will drop to the ground when interrupted? We've known about the glitch for a while now, but I don't think anyone has an explanation for it yet. Gotta be some sort of priority thing going on....probably similar to Ness's new YYG.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
I know it's not really practical, but has anyone figured out why sometimes AS will drop to the ground when interrupted? We've known about the glitch for a while now, but I don't think anyone has an explanation for it yet. Gotta be some sort of priority thing going on....probably similar to Ness's new YYG.
drop to the ground or follow along a different plane and seem to be half inside and half out?

wha'ts the yyg?

culexus・wau

omg I remembered the 3rd thing =o :
Can Lucario's Sliding pivot Grab improve our grab range? some of the falco's in my area used it
to some success. I thought it MIGHT work out for lucario as Their running grabs are similar. BUT
I don't think the traction's nor the grab range is the same. I'd also like to ask after the Test if you think sliding
Shield grab would be more efficient even if this lead to plausible results.I highly doubt it though :(

BTW: **** my suspicions were right <_< but I can still spam BAS VS Zelduh to keep here from using Din's Fire at least :]
then DT ^_^ then...... something crazeh!!! D:<

culexus・wau

Very True Stauffenbody :(

also I just though of something while messing in training mode: can lucario Use His Dair
like Mario uses his cape to Refresh invincibility Frames and edgegaurd at the same time?

Dair doesn't go up though so I had to do a midair jump before Dairing <.< sometimes if you mess it up though you might be in a bind and be DIing towards the ledge, NOT grabbing it and going downwards towards the Boundary line.
but then we can use lucario's 1337sauce recovery =P but it adds to a risk.

bottom line:Can we use The bolded? :confused: if an Slightly overweight Italian plumber in red apparel can pull it off. I FOR **** KNOW A AWESOME JACKAL WITH BLUE FIRE, SPIKES ON HIS HANDS & CHEST AND BLUE FIRE[not to mention a pwnsome Ledge Grab range] CAN PULL IT OFF :U

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Very True Stauffenbody :(

also I just though of something while messing in training mode: can lucario Use His Dair
like Mario uses his cape to Refresh invincibility Frames and edgegaurd at the same time?

Dair doesn't go up though so I had to do a midair jump before Dairing <.< sometimes if you mess it up though you might be in a bind and be DIing towards the ledge, NOT grabbing it and going downwards towards the Boundary line.
but then we can use lucario's 1337sauce recovery =P but it adds to a risk.

bottom line:Can we use The bolded? :confused: if an Slightly overweight Italian plumber in red apparel can pull it off. I FOR **** KNOW A AWESOME JACKAL WITH BLUE FIRE, SPIKES ON HIS HANDS & CHEST AND BLUE FIRE[not to mention a pwnsome Ledge Grab range] CAN PULL IT OFF :U
Yeah, Lucario can do it with d-air, but like you said, you have to do a ledgehop first. You can't just drop and d-air; you won't regrab the ledge if you do this (unless you second jump). But yeah, that's basically it.

Anyone got anything else? =3

CR1F3N

Smash Rookie
ok i don't know if anyone has figured this out already and posted in this thread but the momentum glitch on the d-air where it fastfalls instead of stalling. It is something that happens to me at least once or twice per game. I have noticed it to occur most often when i am just hit by an attack very similar to gw and toon links d-air which do the exact opposite after they recently get hit which is stall. So what i have found it most useful for is surprising the enemy after hitting me with a weak attack when i am above them and immediately d-air so it fastfalls just enough to come back down and connect when they are shieldless because they expect it to stall. If you would like i can post alot of clips of me doing this or you can test it yourself.

Top Bottom