• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] Iron Brawl II Results - Tuscaloosa, AL - November 12, 2011

*Cam*

Smash Lord
The Iron Brawl II - Tuscaloosa, AL - November 12, 2011

Brawl Singles - 31 Entrants

1. Reflex ($125) :wario::pt:
2. Player-1 ($60) :diddy:
3. Micaelis ($25) :warioc::dk2:
4. 4GOD ($10):dedede:
5. Billy :sheik:
5. Kismet :falco:
7. Ragnarok :diddy: :snake: :popo:
7. Spade :marth:
9. M3t :gw:
9. George :kirby2:
9. iRobo :rob:
9. DRN :pit: :pikachu2: :falco:
13. JMIX :luigi2: :mario2:
13. Cheap :sheik: :peach:
13. Dynomite :wario:
13. Ryker :falco:
17. Cam :pikachu2: :ganondorf:
17. TheOneJanitor :snake: :pit:
19. Alias :diddy:
19. P5 :pit:
19. Josh :wario:
19. WumpusKing :dk2:
19. TY :falco:
19. Myk
25. Taker :rob:
25. Blue :wolf:
25. Pking :kirby2:
25. Emily
25. IzaKira
25. ARX
31. Beezy
31. REA

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Pools"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Melee Singles - 20 Entrants
1. Ragnarok
2. GA Wes
3. Reflex
4. Cheap
5. DLM
5. Wafe
7. JMIX
7. Tide
9. WumpusKing
9. Mikey
9. Kismet
9. Spade
13. TheOneJanitor
13. Dynomite
13. DRN
13. Overdose
17. Ryker
17. Player-1
17. NinjaFoxX
17. George

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Smash 64 Singles - 11 Entrants
1. DaBomb
2. WumpusKing
3. Ragnarok
4. Ryker
5. JMIX
5. George
7. Cheap
7. Mikey
9. NinjaFoxX
9. TheOneJanitor
9. Wafe

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Vids coming soon!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I wish I could play 64 on a controller I'm more familiar with. It's alright though. Rag and I broke that Tuscaloosa top 3.

I also wish I could get out of thirteenth in Brawl. It never fails.

DRN

Smash Lord
*sigh*

This was prob the worse tourney experience i've had in a long time. It was fun hanging out with people of course but the tourney itself was very badly ran. I dont understand how you guys set up pools but it made no sense to me at all. I was put in the same pool as reflex even though im ranked second in GA. It makes no sense to have me with reflex while other pools have just 4God and Cam. If u went off of last tourney then it still didnt make any sense since i placed higher then other first seeds. I didnt mind pools that much and ignored my complaints since i figured the bracket would turn out fine. Of course i was wrong though. Second round of bracket u had me vs Billy while other matches were like Spade vs George. I mean billy and I are both 2nd in our states while George/Spade are ranked in the bottom half of the AL PR. Once again i took my loss and thought i'd be fine in the losers bracket as long as the rest of the bracket was fine. I vsed Ryker for the 3rd time in a row second round in losers. 3nd round winners had Kismet vs Player-1 and of course loser had to play me. This isnt just a complaint because i did poorly. I'm mainly upset at the position that was set up. If i had beaten any of the 3 then they would be put in the same ****ty situation as me. The bracket and pools were just not put together very well at all. Doubles also ended up not happening. I mean we drove 4 hrs hoping for a full tourney :/.

Whatttteveer at this point though. I just like to whine i guess :p. Just AL ****ing over part of GA like usual. G&G and HASL :grin:

O and what Hunter said. I used mainly :pit::pikachu2: and :falco:

Good stuff to Hunter, Michael, and Jorge. Calvin step it up man. U can do better. Luis we need to play more so i dont get destroyed by squirtle anymore. Charizard dittos next tourney! O and once again thanks a lot Cheap Peach for housing us.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*

This was prob the worse tourney experience i've had in a long time. It was fun hanging out with people of course but the tourney itself was very badly ran. I dont understand how you guys set up pools but it made no sense to me at all. I was put in the same pool as reflex even though im ranked second in GA. It makes no sense to have me with reflex while other pools have just 4God and Cam. If u went off of last tourney then it still didnt make any sense since i placed higher then other first seeds. I didnt mind pools that much and ignored my complaints since i figured the bracket would turn out fine. Of course i was wrong though. Second round of bracket u had me vs Billy while other matches were like Spade vs George. I mean billy and I are both 2nd in our states while George/Spade are ranked in the bottom half of the AL PR. Once again i took my loss and thought i'd be fine in the losers bracket as long as the rest of the bracket was fine. I vsed Ryker for the 3rd time in a row second round in losers. 3nd round winners had Kismet vs Player-1 and of course loser had to play me. This isnt just a complaint because i did poorly. I'm mainly upset at the position that was set up. If i had beaten any of the 3 then they would be put in the same ****ty situation as me. The bracket and pools were just not put together very well at all. Doubles also ended up not happening. I mean we drove 4 hrs hoping for a full tourney :/.

Whatttteveer at this point though. I just like to whine i guess :p. Just AL ****ing over part of GA like usual. G&G and HASL :grin:

O and what Hunter said. I used mainly :pit::pikachu2: and :falco:

Good stuff to Hunter, Michael, and Jorge. Calvin step it up man. U can do better. Luis we need to play more so i dont get destroyed by squirtle anymore. Charizard dittos next tourney! O and once again thanks a lot Cheap Peach for housing us.

TL;DR: I hated the brackets and pools in this tournament that was barely even able to happen considering that the TO wasn't even there and was in the hospital. You really can't expect much considering the resources we had. I expected much worse.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
We are really sorry for the way things worked out for you DRN. I understand that the pre-seeding probably could have been done better. We apologize and will work on making this better for next tournament.

I would like to inform you that this tournament had quite a few distractions and hurdles to be overcome that SERIOUSLY hindered our ability to effectively host Iron Brawl. Reflex (VP of ASL and de-facto TO of Iron Brawl) had a major personal issue arise the week after AUSOM. The night before Iron Brawl both Cam (President of ASL) and Ingulit (ASL commitee member and TO of Iron Brawl) had their own major personal issues. Ingulit wasn't even able to make it to his own tournament.

In any other smash community this tournament would have been canceled mere hours before it was scheduled to start. The ASL successfully regrouped and everyone pitched in to help Iron Brawl survive. I am personally proud of our achievement and would like to thank everyone who made it possible.

Back to the pre-seeding...ASL Brackets are ALWAYS seeded based on the pools. You have to understand that Spade, George and You all got 2nd in your respective pools. So your positioning in brackets was purely a result of being placed in an overpowered pool.

The ASL had not considered what the most effective way to pre-seed pools was until today. We are working on a fair system and will implement it at all future tournaments.

Thank you for expressing your concerns and we apologize for not hosting Iron Brawl to the standards you AND WE expect.

no tl;dr READ IT!

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'd have to agree with chas about bracket seeding and scheduling (but I enjoyed the tournament still, I always have a lot of fun at tournaments hanging out with everyone), but like Chas shouldn't have been a 2nd in pools at all when he's 2nd in GA and outplaced both michael and 4god at AUSOM and is still seeded lower than them (4god isn't even ranked in GA). Then him having to play billy 2nd round is pretty dumb too. Before the release of bracket or even before it, you should ask me/michael/drn for help with the bracket seeding. Scheduling could have been a lot better, but I can understand a bit since cam got robbed and had other things going on and ingulit was in the hospital which sucked, but doubles still could have started on time with Luis there or they could have started as soon as Auburn got here. Your first schedule was also fine with this event, it doesn't take 4 hours to finish brawl doubles and even if it did then you can start singles during the end of doubles (during finals).

Apart from that though it was a fun tournament, I always enjoy seeing everyone, and I really liked it with the vid stuff being good this time and getting like most of the bracket matches saved and good job getting the livestream up (for a bit) and good job getting some of the events going since ingulit wasn't even here and cam showing up late despite being robbed even though it could have been done better.

Shoutouts:

Reflex: GGs, I'll get you next time though. We'll have to practice Diddy Vs wario RC only in preparation for apex =p

Michael: GGs, good job beating me in winners. I'm so proud of you for CPing actual CP stages and striking SV =')

4god: Gratz beating Calvin, that last game last stock...OMG so good. GGs also, you almost had that comeback Vs me and nice matches Vs reflex too.

Kismet: GGs, your last stock on game 3 was sad =/. We still need to team, we'll win at Apex ;D

Billy: GGs, good job vs reflex as well. Your sheik is so good and scary to play, too bad we didn't get to team here since it would have been free money for us. 1st place would be easy to get since our team is so sexy.

Spade: GGs in pools, Player-3 mains marth too so I know the MU pretty well and you still do well against me.

Jmix: GGs, your mario is really good. We should play friendlies sometime since I should learn that MU better.

iPuff: GGs, your ROB was a lot better than I was expecting it to be.

Dyno: Shake off this performance you'll do better next time. Thanks a lot for driving and soz for the detour.

Ingulit: Sucks you were in the hospital for your own tournament since I wanted to see you again since you're cool to talk to. Hope you get better.

Cam: Sucks you got robbed and stuff, sorry to hear that. It was a fun tournament, but yeah just read my above stuff too.

Chas: fun talking to you in the car, you'll do better next time...WITH ZSS.

Cheap Peach: Thanks for housing us, that couch is so awesome

Everyone else: Fun times, fun tournament. <3ed the group photo.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It is really depressing to see GA get pitted against their best players so often though. Despite them being seeded I'd like to see a bit of TO consideration in editing a few spots to make it a lot more enjoyable to our OOS.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
but doubles still could have started on time with Luis there or they could have started as soon as Auburn got here.
Doubles was positioned firmly on the backburner since the beginning where there were only three or four teams there by the original schedule. The AU and GA cars weren't at the venue yet and that wrecked a lot of teams.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
you should ask me/michael/drn for help with the bracket seeding.
Bracket seeding has been, was here, and always will be based on pools seeding. You want to complain about pools seeding which we did get Reflex to check before it started. Pools are not seeded completely on skill as location is also considered and it leads to some problems with seeding them.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, I suppose I should respond to a bit of this.

First, Ingulit, the main TO, did have to go to the hospital. I'm not sure he would want me saying that, but it has already been said anyway.

Second, I wasn't even going to come to the tournament until I realized that I needed to come and host things with Ingulit absent. He tried to cancel the tournament because of the emergency, but we stepped in and ran it without him. We did not want people to drive hours only to find out there was no tournament. Taker stepped in, with no prior experience, and ran the tournament for the first couple of hours (and did an excellent job I might add). Reflex arrived at noon, and I took over at 2 when I got there.

Third, teams did not happen because there were only 4 teams signed up. We refunded everyone who had paid for teams. No harm, no foul.

Fourth, Reflex and Kismet seeded the brackets, so this was not a case of a bunch of AL players trying to screw over GA. I was too busy to really mess with the brackets. I agree, looking back, that you should not have been put in a pool with Reflex in the first place. To be honest, when I looked over the pools, I had forgotten that you moved up in the GA PR. I thought you were still like #5.

However, let's not blow this out of proportion. On the whole, the seeding spread out GA pretty fairly, and Luis and Calvin certainly took some care to separate the good GA players from each other. Look at rounds 2 and 3. We pretty consistently have GA player vs. AL player. Yes, once you go far enough in the bracket, GA players will be knocking each other out. That's because most of the AL players are already out of the tournament (with the exception of Billy and Ragnarok). So, yes, there are some bracket quirks, but let's be fair about it. Overall, the bracket and even the pools turned out fine, much better than the ones at HASL.

Finally, I believe there is more to running a good tournament than proper seeding. Even if you had a problem with the seeding, please look at the tournament as a whole. The food and drinks were organized very well, despite having only one table to work with. We had plenty of setups. The sd cards worked properly this time, so we will upload the bracket matches to youtube this week. The tournament did not go over in time. In fact, we had about an hour left for friendlies once Brawl singles ended.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
(with the exception of Billy and Ragnarok)
Why the Spade hate? He did really ****ing well.

Also, for all the *****ing I see. This tournament definitely sits in my top five most entertaining list despite God doing everything to try and stop it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
GA got there in time for doubles per original schedule and that's why I said as soon as Auburn got there doubles could have started. Obviously doubles isn't as important as singles, but we weren't doing anything for for a couple of hours in which doubles could have been going on. Even though bracket was based off of pools, it was quite clear that DRN's pool was a mistake in the first place and should have been compensated for by having him play George or Spade.

But I agree with cam for the most part, it was an honest mistake, but get someone from GA or other states before getting the tournament started and the food/drinks/replays/attempted livestream was all good.

On another note, I don't think anyone was really complaining about GA Vs GA matches (except kola I guess), like that was fine. Obviously GA will have to play GA eventually since we're overall better than AL and will meet up later in the bracket and I don't really mind (hypothetically) playing people like Kismet or Michael over Billy and reflex first because I play them all fairly equally.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Okay, first off... I'm pretty upset. You guys borrowed my SD card and I explicitly said only to modify the codes on it PLEASE and was already skeptical of letting you use it in the first place since last time it wasn't even returned to me. I literally saw it lying on the ground by the TO table where I picked it up and took it back myself (this was at AUSOM4). I don't care what you say, that's unprofessional and irresponsible. TOs didn't even notice and I didn't even complain because no harm no foul. However, now you went and deleted everything on my card and put just your codes on it. I have spent HOURS... literally HOURS... making my SD card. Of course, I have back-ups but I had a lot of back-up content on the SD card itself that was deleted.

In short, no one is EVER touching my SD card again. No one will even remove it unless the hacks bother them and I myself will explicitly keep the card in my own belongings in that situation. If you want to have the Wii ask for mandatory replays at an ASL tournament, then I will do all the modification to the codes and content myself. If this is a problem, then my Wii and TV do not have to be used. Sorry for complaining but this is how it is.

Second off, I didn't say a word about any of the placements in pools and bracket original but since it's out in the opening I have to say I second pretty much most being said. Pools seeding wasn't great and you should be aware of the PR placements of notable players at your tournament. The GA car arrived at the tournament at 11:34 AM (even after our amazing 1.5 hour detour) which was clearly before doubles and if there were 4 teams, do a round robin or something but you stick to the schedule or cancel it straight up.

As long as you seed the bracket based off pool seats then it was fine. It was just the pools that were a problem. I understand you guys had issues which is why I'm not going to go into more *****ing but you CAN ask for our help. I mean, you had 2 of GA's TOs at the venue and I even offered to help. If you don't want to, that's fine. Just mentioning it.

Overall, the tournament was fun and I enjoyed it. I'll do shout outs in a little while instead of putting them in this already giant rant post. I hope Ingluit gets better. Also, sorry to hear about the house Luis and the possessions Cam. Hope everything brightens up for you guys in the future.

P.S. - It is possible I received the wrong SD card even though it has the same label that I gave it to you with. So check any other unlabeled cards or labeled cards with a "9" of the make SanDisk 2GB. Thanks.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
also ignore any drug references in my previous post and here is a summary of what i was saying.

"its not hard to run a torunament succesfully in alabama, you should just ask for help or do things better if people are complaining instead of making up invalid excuses."

i dont feel like being sick should affect the running of a tournament. i could understand if it was APEX or some huge thing like that but its just a small tournament and i dont think the condition you are in really could have that much weight on things. and like micaeles said, the least you could do is do your reseach. you guys make it sound like you put forth so much effort into everything but there really isnt that much effort to be put forth into putting names into a computer lol. and you failed to do research so i dont see the effort. anyways ill be at the next ASL tourney though!!!! sorry for complaining and not even being here lol

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Micaelis, I'm pretty sure Ben backed up the content from your sd card on my computer. Would you recognize it if you saw it?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Interesting results. It's cool to see Kismet back though, and nice job to top 4(Reflex, Player 1, Micaelis, 4GOD).

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I went to this Tournament yesterday. When I got there everyone was like >.> Cause of all this drama with the TO, but at the end everyone was like =^_^= cause it was really fun and everything worked out.

this must be the results for a different event though, cause all I see is salt

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Since there seem to be many complaints about how this tournament was run, let me propose a productive solution, so we have more to go on for the future than a lot of disorganized complaints.

To those of you that have issues, please present the problem as you see it alongside a solution to said problem. Also, tell us what things were okay and don't need to be changed.

For example:

PLEASE CHANGE THE FOLLOWING:
Problem: The TOs seeded pools without consideration for DRN's #2 ranking in GA.
Solution: Have more players oversee the creation of pools. Add 1 more high level AL player and 1 more high level GA player to the mix.

THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED:
Food/Drink ticket system
Number of setups

This may seem silly, but if you want some problem to be fixed, it helps us if you clarify specifically what the problem is and how you think we should solve it.

Also, if you see a problem during the tournament, don't assume the head TO knows about it. When I'm personally running a tournament, I delegate a lot of tasks to other people so we can operate efficiently. For instance, if the bracket seeding or the pools seeding seems wrong, come talk to me about it. Present your complaint in a logical way (i.e.- "I'm number 2 in GA, so I should not be in a pool with #1 from AL"), and I'll do my best to fix the problem.

For now, I'll make a list of the complaints and accompanying solutions, and we will look over them prior to the next tournament. But also be sure to tell us what strategies worked as that will reinforce the good things about our tournaments and help to eliminate the problems. Does that sound fair?

We have a lot to juggle during a tournament, so although we want to make everyone happy, we do make mistakes. There's no reason to get upset; no one is intentionally trying to sabotage the tournament. Help us be more productive in making everyone's tournament experience enjoyable.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
HAND WRITTEN BRACKETS/POOLS

that is all i'll say

tio is an overrated program that almost ALWAYS results in bull**** unbalanced brackets. do them by hand. that is a lesson that I learned from running TCS.

as for the other complaints i have no comments.

i enjoyed the tournament personally.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts I guess:

-It was great to see the whole Bama crew again! I miss all you guys but especially the Melee bros. Wes is a great addition and you guys are all doing really well because of his pushing you. I gotta get my tech back up to snuff before the next tournament, for real. My goal is to make it to semis.

-Everybody who played Puzzle League with me! I was really glad to see it was so popular. I'll be bringing it to the next event too. I hope someone can beat me next time, though :p

-4GOD for being cool and patient in friendlies pre-tourney. I knew about how bad DK's game was against D3, but I hadn't experienced it until then. Thanks for not being a weiner and standing infiniting in friendlies. Like you need to practice that one...

-Ryker for giving some Marth tips and for the fun DK ditto(on Yoshi's no less) in pools. It was some cool silliness between tail-beatings.

-JKH(I just realized these are your initials)DaBomb for awesome Winner's and Grand Finals in 64. Both sets went 3-2 and the last games were close! I'm gonna get you next time for sure.

-Taker and Cam for stepping up to host the tournament! I didn't even realize things went down that could wipe it out, and you guys are to thank for picking up the pieces.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Taker- You did great man. Literally, without you, the tournament would have fallen apart. Even after I got there, you shouldered a lot of the burden of running it. Everyone who went to the tournament owes you thanks.

Spade- You are a boss, seriously. When you were playing Kismet, I stood right behind you and tried not to scream. Until the end you were giving him a run for his money. You also are a boss for formatting all those sd cards. Without you, the replays from this tourney would not have been saved. Thanks for all your hard work!

Ingulit- Feel better =)

DRN- Sorry you didn't have a good time. Like I said on Facebook, we aren't trying to make anyone miserable. Your pool was an honest mistake, and next time Hunter and Michael will look over the pools along with Luis and Drew.

TY- I'm glad you came. You had me pretty scared at the beginning of our match on Castle Siege.

JMIX- You didn't deserve that salt after our match. I underestimated you, and I have no excuse. You played really well, period. Good job.

iPuff- GOOD ****!!!

Alias- Who thought you would be the anti-salt to my salt at this tournament? Thanks for convincing me to come, even if it took 100 tries.

Billy- Thanks for waiting on me before you left. I didn't really talk to you much during the tournament, so IDK what to say about that.

Ryker and Reflex- Good job hosting the tournament until I got there. Also, thanks for being my official shouting men.

Player-1- Second place? *High fives* That was a really nice job beating 4GOD.

Micaelis- Like I said, don't worry about your sd card files, they are safe with me. We shouldn't have to use your sd card again. We are probably going to buy a batch of permanent ASL sd cards.

Dyno- Sorry pools didn't happen. By the time I showed up at 2, we couldn't avoid cancelling them. We waited until singles was over to see if we would have time, but we didn't have enough time to do it.

Blue- Thanks for riding back with me. I feel like I learned a lot more about you, like that you have a twin brother who only likes Nintendo games or that you are an eagle scout. I enjoyed the ride back.

Cheap- Fear me, for I am CAMONDORF!

M3t- You did what I could not; you beat JMIX. Congrats on your win. Also, thanks for riding up with me. You could have gone without me, but then I would have been all alone for 3 hours. You even knew to bring the iPod cord.

Josh- First tournaments are always an interesting experience. I hope you enjoyed it. I know you left for a few hours, but I guess if I was in Madison, I would go see my parents too. You've been surprising a lot of players in Auburn lately with your Wario (including me).

P5- 2nd tournament ftw? I hope riding in Reflex's car on the way up was not too crowded. I didn't get to talk to you much during the tournament, but I assume you had fun.

Ragnarok- You guys were so hyped for Melee. I'm glad to see the Melee community has some life in it yet.

T1J- You made me laugh when you said "I'm glad to be back in the venue and I'm really glad I'm not running the tournament." It certainly can be taxing.

George- I know it shouldn't, but it made me smile a little every time you screamed "WHAT?" at my DI. Good games.

4GOD- That match vs Kismet... just... wow.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
or how about you guys take care of it yourselves, cam, since you are a self proclaimed proffesional orginization and all. i mean, im jus sayin...

lol janitor i remember those hand written brackets. those things were number 1 yoo!!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
People were complaining this much? Wow...I thought it went pretty smoothly, even ignoring that we had serious (and valid) issues conspiring to cancel this tournament.

Calvin and I seeded the brackets. I seeded pools. If you have a problem with it, just don't ask me to seed stuff again. Next time, I won't, because I seem to have done a terrible job. We tried to separate everyone well; part of the bracket experience is luck, and I did my best to transfer all the pools seeding to bracket well. I was displeased to find that I had to play Billy and 4GOD, two people who give me serious trouble in tournament, but, that's just how it goes. Sorry that I messed things up.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just looked over the pools, and actually tbh they're pretty even. chas if you weren't in a pool with reflex you would have been in a pool with either billy, calvin, p1, or micaelis. there were just a lot of good people here. i mean reflex is #1 in AL, but all the other pools had people of comparable skill.

the brackets are a little weird in spots. like one thing i saw, ryker shouldn't be fighting irobo for his first match, they were both 3rd seed. but after looking over the matches, I don't really see that its THAT huge a deal. there were a lot of things going on that had some people stepping in to help that weren't supposed to and considering all that, I think the tournament was run fine.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i mean im just curious why it is always you or elev8 or one of your friends doing brackets, reflex?
is it because you are the only people that take the initiative? (which could very well be the case)
im just curious why youre always in charge. not sayin anything or having any passive aggresive undertones here. im jw.

but idk yall. its alabama. what do you expect ;D
more people need to come to resist cuz thats the next one thats happening and ill be there. is GA coming there? or better yet lets try to get louisiana or florida there!!!

also just to add to everything. im gonna run a tournament and put names into a computer and it will be the most smoothly run tournament ever because this is LITERALLY ALL THERE IS TO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well reflex is one of the officers of the ASL, so he has some measure of authority in all ASL run tournaments. if you're talking about the geeks and gamers thing, i'm pretty sure elev8 and reflex ran that tournament, i havent been to too many tournaments lately so iono

Player-1

Smash Legend
i just looked over the pools, and actually tbh they're pretty even. chas if you weren't in a pool with reflex you would have been in a pool with either billy, calvin, p1, or micaelis. there were just a lot of good people here. i mean reflex is #1 in AL, but all the other pools had people of comparable skill.

the brackets are a little weird in spots. like one thing i saw, ryker shouldn't be fighting irobo for his first match, they were both 3rd seed. but after looking over the matches, I don't really see that its THAT huge a deal. there were a lot of things going on that had some people stepping in to help that weren't supposed to and considering all that, I think the tournament was run fine.
you don't understand, DRN shouldn't have been a 2nd seed at all. He's ranked higher than me, michael, and 4god in GA AND he outplaced michael and 4god at AUSOM therefore should have been seeded higher than both 4god and michael for pools who were both first seeds, but he wasn't.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
oh yeah i forget he is on ASL.
i just associate cam and m3t with it and that is all loool

and p1 we dont know how to do all that stuff cuz everyone hre sucks so we dont keep track of anything other than GA beating us or reflex beating us.
we are NOT a legit state, so you shouldnt expect legit tournaments lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
idk we need to get on super pro status and travel OoS more idk really as i dont think im a legit player.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you don't understand, DRN shouldn't have been a 2nd seed at all. He's ranked higher than me, michael, and 4god in GA AND he outplaced michael and 4god at AUSOM therefore should have been seeded higher than both 4god and michael for pools who were both first seeds, but he wasn't.
i suppose.

i guess it makes sense to seed based on power ranking status, but i dont really think it makes that much of difference. you, reflex, 4god, drn, and calvin are all VERRRY close in skill as far as I am concerned. considering that, i believe the pools were more or less even. my pool was a little easier than the others but thats about it.

BUT, you bring up a great point. Pools should DEFINITELY be seeded based on prior tournament results. I think that's a better idea than seeding them based on what your PR ranking is.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
idk we need to get on super pro status and travel OoS more idk really as i dont think im a legit player.
...What?
What does legitimacy have to do with traveling out of state...?
What does your opinion of yourself have to do with Alabama being a legitimate state?

I just don't understand things.

Top Bottom