• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask Mango Falcon Questions =D and other things

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
how concerned are you with javi and is he a contender at all to you for apex 2013?

2012 you beat him pretty steadily

are they any players, currently, that would give you a threat at apex?

imo take it all falcon

make up for 2012 not being year of the falcon

:phone:

Grabougla

Smash Rookie
Sup mango, newbie here!
I have a bunch of questions (not only about the game <3):
1) How the **** did you (or anybody here) find some mates to practice? Nobody wants to play 'cause they don't want to learn techskillz, and I **** them.
2) Do you use c-stick for aerials? (To dair ff for exemple)
3) What do you do for practicing? I mean, is it worth it to practice against random lvl 1/7 cpu, since mindgames techskills are useless, and they never tech?
4) Why don't you double shine as much as Westballz and Javi?

And then random questions :D
5) Why don't you have a facebook page? It could be useful for your fan to follow you :)
6) Do you think melee could gain popularity, and how?
7) Are you going to chill on streams/youtube as you said during UCSB? :D
8) Can you please win apex? I don't want a YL/Puff GF :D

Cheers from Switzerland, excuse my poor grammar (Still better than Armada's <3)

Windrose

Smash Lord
hey mango, do you have any tips for falcon vs ice climbers? particularly very campy ice climbers that are trying really hard to get grabs on falcon. what do you usually do in neutral game vs ICs?

also, how do you usually SDI to get out of ice climber chain grabs?

Beat!

Smash Master
Thanks for the response.

Since you mentioned stomp out of shield, do you only use it when you have a read on your opponent, or are there situations where you feel it's a good option vs any Falco (not counting obvious stuff like punishing super laggy moves)?
And when you use it, do you have shield poking or some other spacing in mind, or do you just stomp and hope for the best?

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
^this
Also, what's a good way to maintain your spacing against Sheik? Usually she just slowly pushes me toward the edge of the stage.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
hey mango, do you have any tips for falcon vs ice climbers? particularly very campy ice climbers that are trying really hard to get grabs on falcon. what do you usually do in neutral game vs ICs?

also, how do you usually SDI to get out of ice climber chain grabs?
Also, what stages are good/bad vs ics?
* as falcon

Windrose

Smash Lord
* as falcon

Don't go to final destination. In the current rule set you want to end up on battle field or yoshi's story as the first stage. Dream land is great too actually.

If you win, BAN FD! IC will cp FoD. It's still way better to fight there than fd. Pokemon is a good counter pick too.

In the older stage list which fewer tournaments use , brinstar is a super gay stage that ***** ic. Same with rainbow cruise and poke floats.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
* as falcon
As a mid level player, I think FD is obviously bad, and this is one of the times FoD is actually pretty good. It's hard to "not get grabbed" if you aren't a top player. On FD, there are no platforms so getting in on a walling icies player can be real tough, and getting grabbed is also really bad on this stage. On FoD, you can approach them in more ways, and stomping on the platforms is really good and lets you be aggressive without the chance of getting grabbed if you **** up your l-cancel (I know I **** this up a lot when I hit two shields)

strawhats

Smash Master
Omg i came back to too many questions

i dont know what to do RoFLLL
lol, of yeah!

btw...is i out of preference that ou don't go spacies vs ICs these days or do you just know how to **** nana faster with dem knees.

Also will u ever play puff in singles again? (yours was the only one i liked back then)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
zelda freak - i know what ur asking but since melee is so like DEEP. its hard to answer that.. because every little thing will change what move i would use for an approach. So i dont wanna answer and get you confused.. You never wanna approach the same all the time.. thats how you get into robot mode.. Try mix ups and dont be afraid of getting punished.. thats part of getting better

rjg- Naw.. I have no reason to be afraid of javi unless he gets super duper better.. Im 2 solid against fox to be worried. Im only worried about kevin/armada because i think they are the only ones who can beat me if i play bad.. ROFLLL

Grabougla- 1. lucky has always lived 44 steps away from me.
2. I dont c stick any of my aerials with any of my characters.. cept for maybe like 4 aerials
3.When you practice against comps, just work on consistent tek skill
4. I do double shine.. Just not the way they do
5.ROFLL there might be a few not sure ~
6. Ummm I think melee always has a chance of gaining popularity since its so sick.
7.Im gonna start streaming pretty soon actually
8. K

Windrose- DUDE FALCON VS IC'S IS LIKE 90-10.. Full hop knee is like literally all you need.. AND ALWAYS GO FOR NANA.. Popo dies from a grab at like 50 percent.. And i cant really explain that online .. youd have to ask me irl

Beat- I stomp out of shield based on like every little thing going on. But yeah sometimes i just stomp and hope to get lucky ROFLL .. gotta gamble sometime

rfrizzle- as falcon ?

Coffeeblack - UmMMMmMM i think falcon wins on every stage cept FoD. you can win on FD if you play it right

Irish mafia- what kinda tips

construct- its super hard to be aggro with marth... SUPER HARD... You gotta aerial a lot but at the same time make room/time for grabs.. So while being aggro you have to be ready to dash away for the grab... Its a lot of fun tho..

strawhats- Ummmmmmm I just know the matchup WAY WAY WAY BETTER as falcon.. and my spacies are way 2 rekless to play against icies.. id get grabbed so much prob ROFLL.. unless my fox was warmed up ~..
And i always think about going puff but thats all i can tell you.. the REST is a secret ;)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ill be back eventually

i like it in the falcon boards ROFLL im like a secret here

Mangos little lair ~

And you can ask me LoL questions if you want

I WAS PRETTY OK IN MY DAYS

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i don't think fighting ics is that bad on fd. the grabs seem just as bad on other levels, although maybe i just don't know how to get out of them, and the extra space is nice

edit: relative to fountain at least. i think i might rather go to fd than fountain tbh

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ROFL poor puff boards..

My elo right now is like 1380 or something bad like that..

I was like 1900 last season and having horrible luck in solo q right now.. My lanes always lose :<

I think its because i told phreak his vlad sucked last season.. and he hexed my account ROFLLLL

Ever since then i go thru horrible elo losses.. Ive lost 100 elo in a day atleast 10 times

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Mango, as Falcon, what are good ways to approach Sheik, and also what tools cans I use to space and feel her out? I feel like a dash dancing cripple slowly getting pushed towards the edge as the ways I space against other characters result in me getting forward tilted.

I think its because i told phreak his vlad sucked last season.. and he hexed my account ROFLLLL
I can tell Phreak that he's a ph4ggot for you if you want.. I've known that smelly ***** for about ten years now

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for adding to the wall of questions.

What are your general strategies vs Falco in neutral? Is there anything you recommend against Falcos that spam laser?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
shriek - hMMmm im honestly not the best at that matchup.. But one of the things i do is run up shield when they are just tilting so you can get a free grab.. Grabs are like EVERYTHING .. darkrain told me if you dont kill shiek when you grab her you're gonna lose.. Which says it all ROFLL

and nah dont tell him i dont want my account super hexxed

vkrm - I think pm is cool.. Just no reason to ever play it over melee.. I think it can be a super fun drunk game.. will get back to you on that

stabbed- falco dittos are all like the all or nothing matchup .. kinda like falcon dittos. its actually pretty simple .. Super A B C MATCHUP. In the falcon matchup its all about the grab.. in dittos its all about the shine. So you just have to make ur whole life trying to get one shine.. and dont hit shields ever.. everyones super good at shine out of shield now.

boat- My strat against falco in the neutral usually changes depending on what they are doing.. My game usually depends on what the other guy is doing.. If a falco laser spams, you can usually catch them slipping. Just wait for an opening and dont worry about taking like 10 lasers~. its only like 22 damage ~ Worth it if you hit them and get ur shine on

falcon vs peach can be 50 50 but it can easily be like 60-40 for falcon

always depends on how you see it

Twinkles

Smash Lord
i don't think fighting ics is that bad on fd. the grabs seem just as bad on other levels, although maybe i just don't know how to get out of them, and the extra space is nice

edit: relative to fountain at least. i think i might rather go to fd than fountain tbh
I like fountain for stomping on platforms. Then again, it could just be that the IC's I play semi-regularly is absolutely awful on FoD.

Wake

Smash Master
Mango, your Falcon was fun to play at BH, and teams with Max was really... ridiculous lol.

How does Puff beat Fox? And what do you think of the Fox/Peach MU?

oksas

oak-sauce
idk if this is a question you can really answer mango but

i play against a falco that will just sit back and laser till he can come in with a nair that's really hard to punish (or so it seems, maybe i just suck balls). so unless i can powershield, i end up stuck in my shield with a nair coming at my face, which leads to lots of pressure.

doesn't really feel like i can stomp oos without getting punished, letting my shield down in place in any form seems to get my punished because of shine, so i'm forced to just roll away, but falco has started just ****ing dash attacking my rolls which leads to another 500% combo.

so like, am i doing something wrong while in these situations, or should i work on just not getting in these situations in the first place

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Hey Mango, in your match vs. Peepee at Kings of Cali, did you realize how many times Peepee punished you when you double laser off the ledge?

I want to point this out to you just so you can be aware of your recovery habits in the future.

Windrose

Smash Lord
fountain screws up ICs' chain grab on falcon due to the platforms. It's definitely way better than FD. if you see s2j vs fly he always goes to fountain not FD cuz s2j bans fd.

i think that can be said the same about mango vs fly or any other ice climbers.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
mango

As falcon, Im wondering how you feel about Oos (or just jumps that arent sped up) non-ff'd, fully extended fairs and nairs to catch chars such as fox/sheik/falcon/falco (definitely not range chars like marth, from what ive seen) off balance as a mixup to lead to your grabs?
this normally would happen after your opponents spaces an aerial on your sheild, or any other time you are like 3-5 strides apart from each other.
Ive started using them and im finding it messes with their spacing a little, but im not sure if it's a good decision, or if it's due to me not facing good enough opponents and this tactic would end up costing me more than it would help in regionals/nationals/etc, and that I should just wd oos, or onto a platform, instead

hope that makes sense

I found that the same kind of works for fox/falco dair. . . but I mightve seen and taken that from lovage or something. . . . not sure

ALso, what kind of bot comps/other conditions are you looking for to make you think about choosing lulu?
If I remember correctly, I think I heard that you played bot mostly

thanks d00d

Top Bottom