• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask Mango Falcon Questions =D and other things

MaNg0

Smash Hero
down throw then most of the time

they do dumb di and you just fall off

and knee

strawhats

Smash Master
thanx mango I forgot how to moonwalk after playing too much Bawrl. Hope to see you at a future tourney in EC. Can't go to Gemesis, money and parents johns.

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
This thread is too sick. Mango is soooo smart. Jeff has the experience and the moves down. He is the smoothest falcon there is but....mango's just smarter.

@ young wus: Mango said he runs up and shields against samus, because she can't grab. when you throw her, wait for her to throw out her foot, and punish. D-throws, n-airs, and u-airs work well to combo with. Watch out for her crouch cancels too!

young wus

Smash Journeyman
This thread is too sick. Mango is soooo smart. Jeff has the experience and the moves down. He is the smoothest falcon there is but....mango's just smarter.

@ young wus: Mango said he runs up and shields against samus, because she can't grab. when you throw her, wait for her to throw out her foot, and punish. D-throws, n-airs, and u-airs work well to combo with. Watch out for her crouch cancels too!

Hella sick!!!! thanks main! nice video........ i like it! :chuckle:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Hmm Since you play a bunch of Alex.. Wanna tell me a good solid way to play against technical fox?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI4RR66C3u4&feature=channel_page

Theres a MM we did at Mango Juice. Any advice would be great. ^_^
Any bad habits I have etc etc.
wow nice match. I like the drop zone. The only thing Ive noticed is that sometimes you just run left and right with aerials. Like it seems like ur not really aiming at anything just spamming, and it looks like ur getting punished for it. When you connect you combo so good **** lol.

look at that up smash lol.

soap

Smash Hero
falcon vs samus - just up throw samus after like... idk say 20%, then do full jump uair, falling uair, then just keep doing uairs. Samus can't do much about Uairs, the best she can do is trade with Nair if she gets lucky or if you don't space
this isn't the "ask m2k falcon questions" thread....

u gotta win the falcon ditto next time, winner gets this thread:bee:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this isn't the "ask m2k falcon questions" thread....
lol ****

mango if i do synched blizzard with ic's, how would u punish it?

usually falcons dont rush in, and when they do, they get hit with the blizzard...

i remember when i roll and try to desynch blizzard i get knee'd because the roll is too slow, brandon did that to me a lot

so i figure a synched short hop blizzard is better... but would falcon be able to wait it out and still knee me?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol ****

mango if i do synched blizzard with ic's, how would u punish it?

usually falcons dont rush in, and when they do, they get hit with the blizzard...

i remember when i roll and try to desynch blizzard i get knee'd because the roll is too slow, brandon did that to me a lot

so i figure a synched short hop blizzard is better... but would falcon be able to wait it out and still knee me?
I heard that you can spot dodge and desync with blizzard. Maybe that helps?

strawhats

Smash Master
does anyone have a link to a match where SS ledge cancels off the stage to get an extra jump. He was about to die after someone ledge guarded him left the edge early after expecting him to die and i guess he caught the stage edge canceled and then recovered. The crowd went crazy.

P.S. mango's falcon is legit.

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
Hey mango

when shield pressuring spacies i usually do knee or dair into gentlemen and then buffer a roll or try to run away if it doesn't hit. I see a lot of people shielding after their gentlemens too. whats all that about? does it actually help the timing or is it just a defensive habit?

-thanks
ross

ps you still owe me that ssb moneymatch :p

maf5693

Smash Rookie
mango I've watched a lot of falcon vids and figured i'd start playing falcon because he looks so cool when he's played...I've tried to use the tactics I've seen been used by good falcons but i can't reely get a feel for him lik i have other characters...any help?
btw on an unrelated topic how do u make the box ur name lol? its been bugging me and my freind 4evr>.<

navi4776

Smash Rookie
hey I'm navi4776 and I'm just like everyone of these people who love to smash...but getting to the point. I've seen fights where falcons are on the edge but they get back on to the field by using a knee *for example* or other aerial attacks i know for a fact that if i learn this then my smashing game is gonna be a lot better and I'm having trouble finding a way to perform that....any tips to help a falcon user out?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Navi

while holding the ledge, just hit back or down to let go of the ledge, then jump and knee.

This should all be pretty quick so you land on the stage.

So to clarify, Hit back or down and as soon as you let go of the ledge [like literally as soon as you let go] jump and knee.

Be careful if hitting down cuz you may fast fall and miss your jump but you can use back and not have that problem

Top Bottom