• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask Mango Falcon Questions =D and other things

Bing

Smash Master
I agree. If he/they had just one recovery mix up they'd be so much better. Not counting downB. How ridiculously unsafe raptor boost is is ridiculous.

(I wanna see some kage falcon btw)
Kage's Falcon is awesome. I got to play it in Pools once at a Toronto tournament and watched him use it in losers bracket at a Montreal tournament(S.T.Y.C 3).

Unknown has a great Falcon too.

Also, anyone have any quick tips on the ditto? I love Falcon Dittos but I'm not as good as I'd like to be at them. I generally just try to space nair, throw in a few single jabs, and do the normal Falcon combo shenanigens.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Be good at dashdance grab
Nair is really easy to dashdance grab if you happen to be starting your dash away and they start it too far ... you just run away from the first kick and run back in when the 2nd kick is about to finish

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Just waiting patiently for SS.

I could actually use some falcon vs peach tips. I got my falcon dismantled by hanky panky today (peach main, good dude). I'll be playing his peach a lot. Any wise words?

gravy

Smash Ace
Why are there so few recent posts to this thread? :ohwell:

:phone:
We come when you need us. We're like Aslan and ****.

Yea the Falcon boards are complete doodoo now I can't believe my swf home died like this

Damn

My bros where are they

I don't think they're doodoo at all. We just don't have that many questions, but we're always there to answer people. The Falcon spirit is alive and well.

Also, Tactician, peach is basically a defensive monster that we can combo the **** out of. You need to balance trying to get grabs on her with well spaced aerials to open her up. Once you get one hit on her, you should be able to hit her very hard or just kill her outright. Keep in mind that at low percentage, you should dthrow and follow up with nair instead of uair, because it's very easy for her to nair you out of your uair. Another thing that I think helps is not fast falling certain moves when you're trying to get the first hit. This makes it a lot harder for her to trade dsmash with you, and you can combo her well enough that you don't even need the fast fall to keep the link going. Stomp is a great example, if you get an opportunity to stomp her. Also, make sure you're always close enough to her to scare her away from pulling turnips. Even if you're not attacking, the proximity is enough to threaten her.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yea the Falcon boards are complete doodoo now I can't believe my swf home died like this

Damn

My bros where are they

that's in the s2j thread man. we're all around.

the falconboard usage has the following types of users:

1) people who are new to falcon/melee trying to get general basic advice/video critiques, these people come and go once they've improved past being completely terrible and learn to be mediocre enough to handle themselves and train

2) mid tier players that check in once in awhile to help people from category 1) but mostly just play the game and discuss random falcon stuff.

3) people that come to socialize, a lot of these people don't really play anymore or main better characters now (ie. wenbobular, ETWIST, reneblade, 0room, wenbobular's friend that plays ice climbers with the anime character that is drinking a pop can avatar...Chilvaruse or something like that, etc.)

4) really pro people that come to hang out or give advice once in awhile when they either name search themselves or check out the falcon boards for hanging out/discussions (ie. hax, s2j, kage, mang0)

most people are in category 1 or 2. There's only a few from category 3 taht still frequent here since i first came to falcon boards but most are gone.

(There's also a secret category 5 of players that chose to break rules for fun and got perma banned ie. Nando, and tomacawk) we truly miss these people and wish they return to the falcon boards.

======================================================================================

Falco falcon is definitely harder than sheik falcon. Though they are both difficult matchups. Though it is easy to edge guard and gimp falco, falcon is also easily subjectable to easy edge guarding by almost every character too. You have to be significantly better than your opponent if you wish to beat their falco with falcon (even then, the game can look close due to the nature of falco's character). But it is a satisfying feeling when you destroy that stupid bird.

Bing

Smash Master
Well I'm going to be here quite a bit more, I've been dabbling around with Falcon for awhile, now I actually feel comfortable enough to use him in tournament(Love that Falcon vs Doc/Mario MU) and Im getting more used to the vs Aggro Fox MU too, needs work though. So I'll actually be coming around seeking advice.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I just wanted to ask here out of curiosity... Has anybody used the Falcon Punch in competitive play before? I know it takes up several frames to execute and it's rather unreliable overall, but still, it'd be interesting if one uses it and it succeeds. :o

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Pretty sure falcon punch is almost always the go to punish when jiggs misses a rest.

Apart from that, it's generally too unreliable for people to use it in tournaments.

Unless they're hard sandbagging

Windrose

Smash Lord
Mango:

which way do you SDI to get out of Ice climber dair-->regrab as falcon?

Everyone has been saying different directions

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
that's in the s2j thread man. we're all around.

the falconboard usage has the following types of users:

1) people who are new to falcon/melee trying to get general basic advice/video critiques, these people come and go once they've improved past being completely terrible and learn to be mediocre enough to handle themselves and train

2) mid tier players that check in once in awhile to help people from category 1) but mostly just play the game and discuss random falcon stuff.

3) people that come to socialize, a lot of these people don't really play anymore or main better characters now (ie. wenbobular, ETWIST, reneblade, 0room, wenbobular's friend that plays ice climbers with the anime character that is drinking a pop can avatar...Chilvaruse or something like that, etc.)

4) really pro people that come to hang out or give advice once in awhile when they either name search themselves or check out the falcon boards for hanging out/discussions (ie. hax, s2j, kage, mang0)

most people are in category 1 or 2. There's only a few from category 3 taht still frequent here since i first came to falcon boards but most are gone.

(There's also a secret category 5 of players that chose to break rules for fun and got perma banned ie. Nando, and tomacawk) we truly miss these people and wish they return to the falcon boards.
I was almost category 5 as hell I got 4 perm infractions.

Damn.

I'm about to seriously start playing again though. I mean, I been posted here since I was 15 I'm only 18. I have wayyyyy more freedom to play this **** now.

Im unretired for evo.

look a dis ***

brah

:awesome:

T44

Smash Rookie
Hey, quick falcon question, how should you SDI spacies down smash to ledge tech it? I can ledge tech consistently but have trouble ledge teching that attack

gravy

Smash Ace
I would guess you just SDI it down, but you should probably only do it when you can't just survival DI it and live.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Why down? I don't think that would work.

Just ledge tech it like you do everything else, I've never noticed a difference between spacies dsmash and most other characters' edgeguarding moves.

gravy

Smash Ace
I was thinking about SDI'ing down when you're both on the stage to get the Amsah tech, so yah if you're ledgeteching while recovering, into the stage is definitely your best bet.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
indubitably the worst news i've heard all day

it was one of my favorite CV's of all time ]=
the duke nukem theme was a ****ing classic

Top Bottom