• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ask about Pikachu! Hosted by Axe and N64! feat. dkuo!

N64

Smash Champion
You know, thats actually a pretty good idea. I think i will add a DI section for each matchup.

As far as C.Falcon's uthrow goes, i'm not sure if you can guaranteed avoid his knee at higher percents if he follows your DI and jump correctly. He'll usually be able to get at least a uair out of it though. Just mix up your DI if he uthrows to make it tough for him.

:phone:

Spyro

Smash Ace
I've been watching Ice's Marth vs Falcos and he like to duck Falco's lazers and as they are passing him he puts he shield to powersheild. I've been thinking that you could use that tactic with Pikachu, what do you guys think?

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I just do standing/running powershields :bee: but yeah it should work in theory. Possibly less effective though since your shield is smaller, but who knows.

EDIT: Anyone attending Zenith?

Dial Up

Smash Rookie
When I crouch cancel and then use either my up samsh or f smah with the c stick. does that sound normal? I only use my c stick for that and ariels... does that sound like an efffective idea? Or should I use the A then direction for crouch canceling, and why?

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I don't really follow what you're saying <_< doing cc to smash is normal.

Spyro

Smash Ace
EDIT: Anyone attending Zenith?
I'm not going :(
When I crouch cancel and then use either my up samsh or f smah with the c stick. does that sound normal? I only use my c stick for that and ariels... does that sound like an efffective idea? Or should I use the A then direction for crouch canceling, and why?
CC smash attack is normal, the way you do the smashes is up to you, just do it the way that feels the most conferrable to you.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Using the C-stick is fine. Inputting the attack after crouch cancelling is slower than using the c-stick. I do the same thing, although I don't crouch cancel often. It's your body/controller/appendage; how you use the it is completely up to you.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
Hi vman! MM my pika if we ever meet? lolol jk. maybe. <_<

I'm just sad that all my friends played you at p5 but I didn't >_<

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Yeah I'll def MM your Pika.. n_n It'd be cool.

Awww really? haha, just come up and ask/talk to me or whatever, I won't decline a challenge or a match, this game is too fun for that... ^^

maybe another tourney.. :p

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Pssshhh Naaaaaah!

Yoshi > Pikachu, like BIIIIIIIG time! xD

sorta

maybe......

well his combos def Look cooler :p yoshi > pika so there!!

INSTA WIN!

:p

Heck yeah, :p N64 let's play.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Can you get to NYTE?

it's an AZ tourney?

Also, you guys should check out my Roy, it's gettin there...

I won't go crazy yet and make outrageous

Roy > Pikachu claims just yet..

That'll be next month..
xD

Spyro

Smash Ace
Man I wish I would have gotten a ton of Pikachu vs Yoshi experience form Yoshiiscool and got to NYTE so I could beat V3ctorman in a big money match :bee:

Yoshiiscool's Yoshi > V3ctorman's Yoshi :p

/regionbiased

*EDIT*:I'm not going to get to go to NYTE :(

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
^Yeah I'll def MM your Pika.. n_n It'd be cool.

Awww really? haha, just come up and ask/talk to me or whatever, I won't decline a challenge or a match, this game is too fun for that... ^^

maybe another tourney.. :p
loll i know, i just totally forgot >_< if you remember the peach you played in 1st round pools at p5, he was my roommate.

N64

Smash Champion
regardless, it's the most powerful non-tippered usmash in the game. And you can't really compare vertical KO power to horizontal KO power because of how fastfalliness affects vertical knockback, but Pika's usmash is very strong and in most matchups will net you a KO before fsmash will. Dsmash's knockback is not notable.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
dude, going to a big tourney will help you a LOT.
Small ones are cool, you meet some awesome people, get a little practice and whatever, but at a big tourney you can play with many people who are much better than you and you'll learn a whole lot more.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Close match Axe, missing up-B trickies arggggggggg. I was routing for you though. Keeping Pikachu looking real good. I also noticed significant improvement in your Falco compared to previous tournaments.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I was watching the stream yesterday and I watch Axe play SFAT and Lovage, I really wanted to see him make it to grand finals and play Dr. peepee.

Bing

Smash Master
Axe should have made it to gf's. Apparently all he had to do was like Roll or something..

And yeah Spyro, going to major tournaments make you improve a lot. I know your pain about playing other people. Im currently the only player in my region who takes this at all seriously. I spend a ton of time playing against computers. :p

Spyro

Smash Ace
There are plenty of people here in the Tennessee region (like IHSB, Iori, Yoshiiscool, and KOkingpin just to name a few) it's just I have not gotten the chance to play anyone yet.

N64

Smash Champion
they all have extensive Pikachu practice (via Pikachad) and are pretty cool guys, so I'm sure they can give you good pikachu advice when you get to play them.

Top Bottom