• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I 'm moving fairly soon and the Wii belongs to my brother. I'm assuming that the Brawl memory won't be able to transfer to the Wii that i'll have to buy. Please tell me i'm wrong.

and does anyone know if the FC's that i've gotten will remain with the game (the game itself is mine by the way) and will my FC stay the same.

For some reason this is becoming the most frustrating part of my move, which is just ridiculous. Help!

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I 'm moving fairly soon and the Wii belongs to my brother. I'm assuming that the Brawl memory won't be able to transfer to the Wii that i'll have to buy. Please tell me i'm wrong.

and does anyone know if the FC's that i've gotten will remain with the game (the game itself is mine by the way) and will my FC stay the same.

For some reason this is becoming the most frustrating part of my move, which is just ridiculous. Help!
Sorry, but you can't move your memory over, and that includes the friend codes. I'd suggest copying them down on paper.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord

Buy a SD card (or borrow one) transfer your data onto it then when you get your new wii just transfer it back.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is there a list of neutral stages? If so, where is that list?
There's no official list out yet, but here's a community attempt at making one. It's relatively agreeable, but as always, bias and such get in.

So far the exactly "neutral" stages are:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
and Lylat Cruise

Buy a SD card (or borrow one) transfer your data onto it then when you get your new wii just transfer it back.
I'm pretty sure you can't do this with Brawl. I tried, and was sad. I'm now working on completing the game TWICE on two Wiis.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
What process must the Sonic Boards undergo in order to get a Moderator?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
hey i've been trying to search for some brawl team discussion/strategy threads but have found nothing. can anyone point me in the right direction or do we need to start a thread for this? thanks in advance.
This is all I got.

1.) Is there more to DI than just jamming the control stick towards the corners of the stage when you get hit? Luigi at 0:40 makes me think so. Also, I read about ASDI on Smashwiki, and it seems like moving a distance smaller than smash DI for a single frame is almost worthless.
2.) Do most people play with tap jump on, so they can Up-B or Up-smash out of a shield? It seems pretty helpful, but other than that, tap jump sucks, so is it worth it?
3.) What is the C-stick usually used for? The main thing it seems to be used for is DAC.
3.5) Who can DAC?
4.) Is there a way to do a down-air without fastfalling? And I know you can jump and then use one, I'm talking about when you're already falling.
5.) Where is there a semi-official tier list for Brawl? It doesn't need to be from this website.
1. Yeah. You DI to get out of multihit combos too. It's not worthless to ASDI either. It still helps you survive.
2. Depends on preference. I keep it off personally.
3. Quick Smashes, DAC, and ASDI mostly.
3.5 Everyone I believe but not everyone uses it effectively.
4. Just time it well really.
5. Check the tier list discussion.A lot of the lists are similar anyway.

What process must the Sonic Boards undergo in order to get a Moderator?
We aren't getting one. Deal with it. If we were willing to self-moderate we probably wouldn't have that many problems anyway.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knyaguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenoUnderwater
I'm pretty sure you can't do this with Brawl. I tried, and was sad. I'm now working on completing the game TWICE on two Wiis.

I'm GUESSING no? I haven't tried it but......

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm sorry. But no, I'm sure it can't be done with this game. One of the few aspects I hate about Brawl.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You can't do that with Brawl? Here's a video of the method to copying data to an SD card (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZt3pgQffU). I'm guessing you make sure you have enough room on the card, but if that doesn't work, then... woooooow.
The video shows the process which normally works with most games; it can't be done with Brawl though. I'm guessing it has to do something with it being online capable - has anyone tried it with Mario Strikers Charged or something?

Brawl FAILS in this department. Can we blame Sakurai again?

Rew

Smash Journeyman
The video shows the process which normally works with most games; it can't be done with Brawl though. I'm guessing it has to do something with it being online capable - has anyone tried it with Mario Strikers Charged or something?

Brawl FAILS in this department. Can we blame Sakurai again?
Sakurai: *laughs*

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
^ well I hear people saying R.O.B. can take advantage of a loop in skyworld but I've no idea what that is. As for hanenbow someone said that it has a loop which can be taken advantage of by a few characters.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
^ well I hear people saying R.O.B. can take advantage of a loop in skyworld but I've no idea what that is. As for hanenbow someone said that it has a loop which can be taken advantage of by a few characters.
OH You mean like looping around the stage? Some characters can just run away under the stage and camp you. A lot of people refer to that as looping around the stage. I assume that's it. Pit's notorious for it.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
no, i mean loading your data onto your computer. whats the point?
It's a nice place to keep your data for safe keeping.

*goes and pours soda into Sentey's Wii CD slot*

See? Don't you wish you had backed-up your data?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is this a joke, or the wrong link?
Btw, that post was not a question or a reply.
That was actually a VERY poor attempt at a Rick Roll. I mean come on! Use context!

Anyways, here's a question:
What does IIRC (or something along those lines) mean?

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
On the smahboards when can you use pictures o gifs on the signiture part of your account because it dosen't work for me

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sorry, but you can't move your memory over, and that includes the friend codes. I'd suggest copying them down on paper.
****, that's what I thought, that sucks. Thanks though, now I know.

Top Bottom