• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Solid, I guess you're hoping it doesn't go to Sudden Death? My brother and I played several 3 minute matches and most of them ended up being Sudden Death... thus running over 3 minutes and killing the point of the match.

He turned it down to 2 minutes and we hardly got any KOs before each match ended. ._.
Ya Shirum, but most of my matches don't go into sudden death. Last time I went into sudden death was like 2 weeks ago, I was fighting a lvl 7 MK, we each had 3 KO's. So I get to save most of my matches. unfortunately, that was one of my best games and my Marth shined, and it suckd that I couldn't save it...:(

Digimonkey

Smash Journeyman
Ya Shirum, but most of my matches don't go into sudden death. Last time I went into sudden death was like 2 weeks ago, I was fighting a lvl 7 MK, we each had 3 KO's. So I get to save most of my matches. unfortunately, that was one of my best games and my Marth shined, and it suckd that I couldn't save it...:(
Or you could do a 3 minute 5 life stock match for a 99% chance of no Sudden Death.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know the fastest way to farm 9999 coins for Coin Launcher? I've been playing through SSE levels on Intense, and especially fighting bosses like Duon and Galleom. But it's still taking forever (only 30-50 coins per go). Is there a faster way to do this, like a coin factory of some sort? (Note: I know that Smash Coins from coin matches don't count toward Coin Launcher coin totals.)

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Anyone know the fastest way to farm 9999 coins for Coin Launcher? I've been playing through SSE levels on Intense, and especially fighting bosses like Duon and Galleom. But it's still taking forever (only 30-50 coins per go). Is there a faster way to do this, like a coin factory of some sort? (Note: I know that Smash Coins from coin matches don't count toward Coin Launcher coin totals.)
Not that I know of.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Go to great maze and beat Tabuu. Like a hundred and something coins each time I think.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
What is the history between Smashboards and Shoryuken? I'm curious.
Shoryuken said Smash wasn't a real fighing game. Obviously we disagreed. Their reasoning was that it was "kiddy" and it had items. Eventually when they DID accept it as a fighting game they threw items on and called us dumb for the stuff we did.

Basically Shoryuken came into our community and started acting like giant *****s.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea. Maybe you could play a match against 3 computers and set their handicap to 300%. You could then ruthlessly kill them repeatitively and see if that gives results

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
whats gimp and btw roll dodging tabuu's off waves is good, air dodging them is harder then rolling.
Gimping is when your opponet is recovering and you grab the egde so they can't grab on. You only have a few seconds of invinceablity when your on the edge so you have to grab the egde right before they would have.

Quick Question: At the end of All-Star and Classic mode the "credits" after you beat a mode have you shooting lasers at pictures of characters, trophies and items. Do you get more coins if you hit the picture or the name?

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
hey i've been trying to search for some brawl team discussion/strategy threads but have found nothing. can anyone point me in the right direction or do we need to start a thread for this? thanks in advance.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Gimping is when your opponet is recovering and you grab the egde so they can't grab on. You only have a few seconds of invinceablity when your on the edge so you have to grab the egde right before they would have.

Quick Question: At the end of All-Star and Classic mode the "credits" after you beat a mode have you shooting lasers at pictures of characters, trophies and items. Do you get more coins if you hit the picture or the name?
Definitely aim at the picture. You get more coins that way than if you hit the name (notice that the name turns red, which is generally a bad sign). Of course, hitting either one is better than hitting none at all. =0)

Emuburger

Smash Rookie
1.) Is there more to DI than just jamming the control stick towards the corners of the stage when you get hit? Luigi at 0:40 makes me think so. Also, I read about ASDI on Smashwiki, and it seems like moving a distance smaller than smash DI for a single frame is almost worthless.
2.) Do most people play with tap jump on, so they can Up-B or Up-smash out of a shield? It seems pretty helpful, but other than that, tap jump sucks, so is it worth it?
3.) What is the C-stick usually used for? The main thing it seems to be used for is DAC.
3.5) Who can DAC?
4.) Is there a way to do a down-air without fastfalling? And I know you can jump and then use one, I'm talking about when you're already falling.
5.) Where is there a semi-official tier list for Brawl? It doesn't need to be from this website.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
About what the c-stick is used for, it's for uncharged smashes. And I don't think tier lists are coming out yet, but the Broomers (back roomers) are making one. And yes, I think you can do a falling Dair, I do that. Hope this helps.:)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Well, I have a memory card, but its for my camera. I saved my SSBB photos in my memory card and linked the camera to my PC. When I try to upload photos to the SBF albums, they don't appear for me to upload, but they are on my memory card. Help?
Technically this belongs here, too. It is a simple question regarding Brawl/Smashboards.

Top Bottom