• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Yes. you won't get the neccisarry frames or momentum if you do it with A.

example: you're running to spike. you have to press DOWN + X/Y + A to do the release. you're not getting ALL the possible forward momentum.

If you Claw: You run, you press X/Y + down on the cstick while STILL having your forward momentum.

i actually don't think it works with A, but i could be wrong. Havok couldn't do it consistently, then i showed him how to claw it and he can do it everytime

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Mike it's possible to do it with sliding from Y to A but you're right, you lose forward momentum from doing it

A good way to do it without clawing is to set R to jump or the useless shield button (unless you use both R and L to shield, lol) and just R -> dair

Why do you think the Diddy matchup is so bad for Marth?

clowsui

Smash Legend
clawing's not intuitive for everyone? lol i mean i can claw it but i know ppl who change R to jump to solve that problem. different strokes for different folks

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I'd use counter <3

Q.
Whats "DS" and i dont really get how to do it, i know its a fast edgehogging trick but i just dont know how to perform it :p

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
I'd use counter <3

Q.
Whats "DS" and i dont really get how to do it, i know its a fast edgehogging trick but i just dont know how to perform it :p
DS is your up B, just use in his up B, you will always win because of your invencibility start up, and DS has a nice knockback

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
So I finally just made the PR in my region as a Marth main (10th spot only, but PR is PR) and now im striving to improve my Marth even more and not only stay on the PR but move up it. Do you "experts" have any tips on training or should I just watch more vids and play against more ppl to practice? My region is MK/Snake heavy if that helps.

Also how the hell do you deal with Olimar? I cannot do that matchup for the life of me! His pivot grab is annoying as ****.

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
I was watching mikeHAZE vs Felix, and mike GR>spiked felix and I was like wtf. Is it a true combo or Felix was messing it up?

Player-3

Smash Hero
it's not a true combo.

mikehaze tries to gr spike everybody (and apparently it works sometimes), biglou told me that he was trying to do it to him LOL

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i'm pretty sure diddy's air release is like squirtles....

or sheiks... in terms of height off the ground, but the length is more...

air release isn't guaranteed...
as in if I grab you with Marth.. you won't always be air released unless you're hanging off a ledge... its the diddy's inputs that decide whether he gets air released.

compare that to marth on squirtle/wario, which will always be an air release.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
how do you guys approach olimar? and deal with his pivot grab?

should i just zone him and push him towards the edge of the stage until mid percents or wat?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yes chibi.

How do you approach Olimar?
Pushing towards the ledge is good.
Remember that crossing over is pretty good unless he predicts.
Also remember that a properly ff fair to your own grab comes out faster than his grab.

Top Bottom