• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
It may take a while to get used to it, but in the end it will only be better for you. It's always like that if you want to put something in your playstyle, or if you want to learn something in general.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
It may take a while to get used to it, but in the end it will only be better for you. It's always like that if you want to put something in your playstyle, or if you want to learn something in general.
I hope you're right. I'm actually learning Marth to make me spacing better, but i'm liking Marth more and more . I just like his aggresive playing style, it's so awesome. So is the C-Stick also better for all other characters? Since if i finally get used to it, i'll be using the C-Stick on my other characters aswell, i hope it doesn't really matter. Also, i'm having trouble Double Fairing with the C-Stick, since the C-Stick is farther away from the Y button than the A button is, so it takes more time to move my Thumb to the C-Stick than the A button.

Also, i have another question. When i try to space, i'm always somehow using retreating Fairs, Nair and all. But i don't think that's spacing. When i run at the opponent, and i hit him with the tip of my move, is that also spacing? Maybe i'll be considering secondairing Marth :p DDD is my main, but i'm kinda doubting, maybe i'm better with Marth :O Because i'm having better results in matches with him.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Spacing is just the distance at which you use your attacks. I would read Steel's thread about Marth's zones to see what is the best place to stand if you want to space your moves well.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
A little question, do you guys also use the C-Stick for tilts? Because i just noticed when you keep the control stick down and you use C-Stick down, it does a Downtilt. I'm finally getting the hang of using the C-Stick. I can do the Double Fair with the C-Stick, tho he doesn't completely finish his second Fair. May i ask with which button you guys jump. I jump with the Y button.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Cstick for tilting is unnecessary, and most people jump with y or x.

The second fair of a SHDF Can never finish completely, but if the hitbox comes out it is good. And Chileno i wouldn't do all air moves with the Cstick though.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Cstick for tilting is unnecessary, and most people jump with y or x.

The second fair of a SHDF Can never finish completely, but if the hitbox comes out it is good. And Chileno i wouldn't do all air moves with the Cstick though.
Hmm, which Aerials should i use with the C-Stick and which one not? I know i'm quite the newbie but i gotta know this :) I think i need to use Fair and maybe Uair with the C-Stick, and the rest with normal A? But i'm used to the C-Stick now, it's hard to use both A button Aerials and C-Stick Aerials. Is it a big problem if i use Aerials with the C-Stick?

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
tbh you dont have to use the c-stick for aerials... just a lot marths do that. I'm all A button aerials for the most part (including retrating aerials.) My advice is to do with whatever feels the best to you. as far as im concerned c-stick or just using A button is a matter of opinion.

Kishin

Smash Ace
That doesn't work. His side-b ***** that. He can mindgame like a mofo since he can cancel his side-b into whatever. The match-up is 65-35, that's probably correct character wise but with all the AT's Sonic has and all the crap he can pull out then it's probably a bit different...

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Dtilt and jab a lot. Try to keep pressure on him. Sonic's offense is good, camping with fairs will get you *****.

His defense is horrible though...

Dont try to gimp sonic, its useless to try. Just get him to high % and punish his mistakes with smashes.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I got him with a pivot grab like once and then he started to cancel his spin dash. I try and pressure him but it's hard as hell with him dashing around the stage. Anyone have a video of a good Marth vs. Sonic match?

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
how do u do that cool thing where u jump onto a platform with out any lagg from jumps or anything? I mean if i double jump i twirl in the air, if i normal jump it takes a while to land. but people like steel just land on the platform as if it were a extension of the ground! plz help me!

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
how do u do that cool thing where u jump onto a platform with out any lagg from jumps or anything? I mean if i double jump i twirl in the air, if i normal jump it takes a while to land. but people like steel just land on the platform as if it were a extension of the ground! plz help me!
I think you're talking about shorthopping... just tap the jump button lightly.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm platform cancelling

You can only do it on platforms that move like Smashville's or lylat's. Just jump and hit L and down when you are about level to it. Similar to melee wave landing

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
It's called auto landing. The thing you do is you jump under a moving platform, tap down when you're at the height of the platform, and input something. This trick is not really that useful but it's fun to do inbetween stocks on Smashville and Lylat cruise.

Smash Journeyman
Hey I have a question regarding metaknights downthrow. Which direction is the best to DI? Should I DI outwards and go flying away or DI up? I always have trouble with this move because I don't what to do after I get released.

Smash Journeyman
Uhhhh why would I want to jump into a huge flamefest?

Oh wait you want me to join your extremely important group concerning metaknight and banning him. With a little mexican hospitality thrown in as well.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
no, I mean why is it all oval-like?
Move him slightly and his cape moves with the wind?!

Also for all intense debates I sit and watch. I went pro-ban mostly because Brawl is becoming one of those "degenerative games" (SEE I CAN CITE SIRLIN TOO LOLOLOLOL).

Spade1

Smash Apprentice
Move him slightly and his cape moves with the wind?!

Also for all intense debates I sit and watch. I went pro-ban mostly because Brawl is becoming one of those "degenerative games" (SEE I CAN CITE SIRLIN TOO LOLOLOLOL).
haha so true. excellent usage of the sirlin I can definately tell you're a swf member.

I don't rly post much but I threw myself in the fray and suggested that a temp ban for mk might be a good idea and got this captivating, intellegent feedback in response

"Temp ban is useless imo. You would see all of the other top tier characters winning. "

. . .

back to lurking...

Top Bottom