• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Ok I can understand your mentality, but Marth is one of those people in that case. Your better off picking Lylat or BF.
I only referenced Rainbow Cruise for Snake, i have beaten Ally on there as well as numerous other snakes, he's especially bad at that stage and its as simple as avoiding snake at the pendulum part and fighting everywhere else. It's not especially difficult, and i have no clue why you guys say itsa terrible stage... its not good, but its not terrible unless your up against certain characters. (and usually you know who plays what, if you've done your research on said person/place/whatever.) Honestly CP wherever you feel best... While Steel/ruk/pierce/whoever have good advice alot... I think they're overlooking some scenarios here. i do some crazy CPs that work at times. (I cp some chars to japes... and win.)

Yes i know marth has a dumb recovery there but the benifits outweigh the negatives in this case.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I always CP Lylat if I can. The moving ledge screws up a handful of recoveries and it's overall a great stage for Marth. That or BF obviously. I don't mind FD, but I DB ***** more than usual there.

Albert.

Smash Master
this is getting spamy with the influx of new marth Members not really saying anything of value.

I never really say anything of value either but I don't pretend to be useful.

and I always compliment the good threads/vids :)

Clel

Smash Journeyman
Quick Question

If a Marth goes DDR on you (beats you using only Dancing Blade) how pissed would you be? I'm goin' to WHOBO and I don't wanna DDR all over someone's WEAK SCRUBBY TAIL if they're gunna throw their controller in my face =( I heard that hurts

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Clel, I would advise reminding your opponent you're only of a certain young age (I can only ascertain this from the maturity of your question), and saying "I'm sorry mista" in a cockny brooklyn or plebian London accent and they'll be like DAWW. And metaknight your ***.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Quick Question

If a Marth goes DDR on you (beats you using only Dancing Blade) how pissed would you be? I'm goin' to WHOBO and I don't wanna DDR all over someone's WEAK SCRUBBY TAIL if they're gunna throw their controller in my face =( I heard that hurts
I wouldn't because I know how to shieldgrab. :D

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Erm.....if you have to spam DB to win a match it's probably going to be against MK. If any MK player ever says you only won by DB you should remind them it's one of the only good moves against MK. >_> Marth's DB is his best move, use it a lot. You can't really get mad at a Marth player for using DB a lot.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
Because it gives Marth an amazing frame advantage considering there aren't much that give him that in Marth's move set. It also gives immediate control to Marth, considering only he knows that he's going to use a F-throw until it's already happened. As for non-throw moves, I'd have to say F-air or Dancing Blade.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Spam it at low %'s against everyone but lightweights. (so heavyweights and fastfallers)

I iz serious. It's funny getting like 10 dtilts in a row (ok, I may be exaggerating a bit)

EDIT:

Saw my friend Bob... figured it was the Olimar boards.... sorry...

_____ for Marth

Spacing really.... it can shield poke, and at lower %'s you can chain 2-3 together. I generally sh fair > fair > land dtilt if the second fair hits, otherwise I drift away and reset that situation.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Seriously. Shield poking with Dtilt is amazing at any % on any character IMO. I just use it a couple times because people will usually shield then shield drop, giving you a free hit, or you can connect two of them. I love dtilt. <3

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
thats cuz Zard hasan awesome grab range.

OK well here's my question:

I haven't been around too much lately, and I was wonderin what this Pika CG is that people have been talking about. Thanks in advance.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
thats cuz Zard hasan awesome grab range.

OK well here's my question:

I haven't been around too much lately, and I was wonderin what this Pika CG is that people have been talking about. Thanks in advance.
It D-throw buffered CG so she starts the second grab animation the frame the previous one ends and you have only a small frame window to do this. If you time it right, she can CG many characters to high percentages depending on what percentage they start at, by alternating with F-throws and stuff.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How would you prevent an OoS attack from the opponent then...?
You can't really stop it depending on the attack but if you realize that you're within their grab range you need to stop your DB. You could grab after you finishing DB1 or you can do retreat for better spacing.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
It D-throw buffered CG so she starts the second grab animation the frame the previous one ends and you have only a small frame window to do this. If you time it right, she can CG many characters to high percentages depending on what percentage they start at, by alternating with F-throws and stuff.
Wait Pikachu is a boy. And so is Math. Be specific lol.

Top Bottom