• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Player-3

Smash Hero
what are you talking about i be flashy all the time and i make it out of pools almost every time

Player-3

Smash Hero
i could make it out of pools in texas too

but after that i dont care because i made it out of pools and thats good enough for me

Giannis

Smash Cadet
I play against a Falco and I have a question about his Dthrow. If he follows with a buffered Dash-Attack > U-Smash (the u-smash come out really quickly like snake's mortar slide) can I still interupt it with an UpB? Cause I haven't succeeded yet. I CAN UpB out of a different follow-up though....

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
i could make it out of pools in texas too

but after that i dont care because i made it out of pools and thats good enough for me
Well yeah, Texas doesn't run pools. Except WHOBO. And then pools are worse than Ch1bo status.

U call it flashy, I call it agressive play
I would go with flashy. Sounds cooler.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I'm finally putting in the effort to learn GR -> Dair on MK. Can someone give me a quick explanation?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
So I'm finally putting in the effort to learn GR -> Dair on MK. Can someone give me a quick explanation?
Yay =D
Basically you grab him.. Then when he releases, you dash and full hop dair. The timing is strict so u have to practice a lot. If you don't do it perfectly, MK can uair you or even Shuttle Loop. I think you have a 3 frame window for error or something idr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeiciP5THoE&feature=related 0:30

By the way I have a question about Marth.. If you do DB1 and double jump at the same time, does that go higher than just regular double jumping?

Reizilla

Raz, if you're not clawing, just hold kinda down forward, so that you still get forward momentum when you do the dair.

Kaffei, yes, you do. Works with first jump as well.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Thanks qB

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that GR>Dair is easier if you claw like qB said

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Took me like a week to get it down w/ clawing.

First step is to figure out when you can actually buffer the dash. Dash and up on Cstick is the best way to tell, if its a dash attack you buffered it, if not you didnt.

I always dash twice. Once in the buffer window and then again right after to foxtrot it. Hold forward the entire time after. Fulldop buffer Dair.

Lots of practice but its consistently doable once you learn it. I find Nair much harder out of GR

Reizilla

I just do down-forward and A for the dair. I can get it a little better than %50, which I think is pretty good for never having practiced it.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
same, I tried using claw for a while but I wasn't consistent with it :(

Reizilla

I think we should start referring to clawing as "the other way."

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
thanks C.J.

quite hard to do that way, or maybe I'm just too used to the clasict way

V

Smash Ace
It only takes a couple weeks tops to get used to. After you have it down everything is way more precise and you can rising aerial on the soonest available frame.

:phone:

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Warning: if you're not double jointed, clawing will be difficult. Ive been doing it since Rainbow Six 3 on the xbox. Believe me when I say clawing on that moster of a controller is FUN.

I find clawing most effective for Marth when you fullhop Dair OoS, when you get the buffer marth can breverse db1 before he lands for spacing mixups

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I wasnt sure if this was known, but you can buffer a dash, run full speed, and jump with full forward momentum with just the diagnol downward direction on the analog stick. To input the dair you only need to move the analog stick the smallest bit downward from diagnol direction, and it should not affect your forward momentum. This allows you to hold one direction for the entire GR spike AT without the need for clawing. Granted if you dont trust your reaction time, clawing is still your best bet. I'm not sure which one I like better yet.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Warning: if you're not double jointed, clawing will be difficult. Ive been doing it since Rainbow Six 3 on the xbox. Believe me when I say clawing on that moster of a controller is FUN.

I find clawing most effective for Marth when you fullhop Dair OoS, when you get the buffer marth can breverse db1 before he lands for spacing mixups
That's silly I'm not double jointed but I claw just fine

juiey2

Smash Cadet
Quick question

Should i use GC Controllers to be good with my marth?
Because i use wiimote, should i buy a gc controller? is pretty expensive here in brazil!
Like 45U$

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Most players use a GC remote.

I'm not sure how much success you can have using JUST the wiimote, are you using a nunchuck and/or classic controller?

There are successful players who use the classic controller or nunchuck.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
maybe you can buy a classic controller pro and practice with it since the fourth smash is coming so you won't have to buy 2 controllers neither adapt to each one

Top Bottom