• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If their shield is low enough to poke, or they like holding their shield up (either by direction, or for a long period of time), I like D-tilt. DB is significantly less safe of shield than d-tilt. D-tilt (not powershielded) has enough shieldstun and push-back, that you can usually get away with it on block, if you spaced it correctly. Only exceptions are like, MK, Snake, and anyone with a large horizontal OoS punisher.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
do you think oos DS is a problem, when facing a mirror? oh and just for kicks what about DDD's horrifying grab range
Against Dedede I like mixing up Full-hop rising fairs and Cross-up nair to DB.

DSOoS is fine as long in the ditto as long as you don't whiff it. xD

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Marths,

how do DI out of the basic DB combo.

is it absolutely necessary to SDI the 1st hit?

because whenever I try no matter how much diagonally inputs I put [Quartercircle DI + SDI] I always get hit by the last one =(

Is there anything specific lucario can do get out of DB?

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
do we have to answer a question that would put us at a disadvantage?

Although honestly I wouldn't know talk to some lucarios to see how they get out

grimAuxiliatrix

Smash Cadet
i've always been a fan of nairing dedede, dunno why, it just puts him in such a...precarious position. fun stuffutilutiltutiltutilt

i don't know why, but i've always liked jungle japes. i really really like jungle japes. i'd say it's my most comfortable stage. i think it's because i'm crazy with ledges, and i also enjoy the mid floating platform's position. man, it's probably my best stage, and i've cp'd it more than once with better than average results. how bizarre is that for a marth; does anyone else use japes that much

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i dont use often but now that i think about it i also get good results there. Ill have to use it more often. I always enjoy it when im messin around in the match and spike em into the aligator thing.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What is Marth's fastest aerial item toss? They all seem retardedly laggy. By fastest, I mean, which one gets the item out of your hands first? Cool down doesn't really matter as much.

grimAuxiliatrix

Smash Cadet
with tap jump off you can db oos, which is...well...good. and you're left handed.

there's a thread on the virtues of f-tilting and jabbing, it's got some good info check it out.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Which is wrong. He meant to say DS, which is Dolphin Slash, which is Up B.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
um DB oos is viable when you can't hit with DS oos.

oos= Out of Shield

for example somone hits your shield, and you punish them with a move OOS

there should be some forum that has all general terms that I suggest you look up

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Which is wrong. He meant to say DS, which is Dolphin Slash, which is Up B.
Yes, and isn't it tap jump on that allows that? I might have it confused, but I thought having tap jump off requires you to drop your shield.

Don't be sorry for asking questions, Zion. That's what this thread is for. :)

C.J.

Smash Master
You want tap jump on. When in shield, you have 5 options. Drop shield, spot dodge, roll right, roll left, jump. You can cancel a jump in the beginning frames of a move, before you get off of the ground, with an up smash (usmash), up special (upB), and I think up tilt (utilt). So, with tap jump on, when you use DS (dolphin slash) you immediately jump, cancel the jump, and the attack comes out. Since DS has invincibility on frames 1-5 with the hitbox coming out on frame 5, doing it this way leaves you with 0 frames of vulnerability until the hitbox comes out. With tap jump off, you either have to drop your shield (7 frames to drop a shield) or using jump with a different button then canceling the jump with an upB. All-in-all, tap jump on makes DS OoS makes easier while having no real negative effect on your game.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
light, to use DS (dolphin slash) directly out of shield you have to either:

a.) have tap jump on
b.) press the jump button immediately before up B while still holding shield

it takes 7 frames to drop your shield normally, but you can jump OoS without having to drop your shield first. So if you press up B while shielding you basically jump OoS (no 7 frame shield drop) and then cancel that jump into an up B. If tap jump is off, he will drop the shield first (unless you press the jump button first).

*EDIT: ninja'd lol

grimAuxiliatrix

Smash Cadet
db, ds, on, off. it's all the same when i just wake up and am running on black coffee.

soz ><;

edit: yes, indeed i meant tap jump on. also some people think it's easier to short hop with tap jumping...dunno about that though

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Does our Nair outrange MK's fair?
No, the best you could do is a pseudo trade and that's assuming both characters are heading into each other and Marth started his Nair first.

Does anyone have a picture of marth Nairing And Fairing a shield? Or in that case, all of the aerials? Someone msg me!

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
No, the best you could do is a pseudo trade and that's assuming both characters are heading into each other and Marth started his Nair first.

Does anyone have a picture of marth Nairing And Fairing a shield? Or in that case, all of the aerials? Someone msg me!
I could take some snapshots... I'll try to get to it today. Do you need tippers, powershields, or anything specific like that?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I guess I should ask, despite something telling me I'll most likely regret it due to um, well, last year's thing.
Long story short, I need a Marth's point-of view of the Pit v Marth matchup. That way, I can get opinions from both sides of this matchup. I have been putting all of Pit's matchups on a document, so I can update and keep track of them.

Contact me via AIM or MSN (AIM recommended) and all, and I'm kinda lazy on writing everything. I'll appreciate the help and all.

Also, this is probably the first time I've asked this on a board before, but this next thing is about how well does Pit + ____ or in this case, Pit and Marth. Because of this, I'll also need Marth's best overall stages (besides Battlefield) and his worst ones. More info in my documents btw.

To make it short, may I get help on the Marth's point-of-view of the Pit v Marth matchup (to update) and the knowledge of Marth's best/worst stages for my doubles info on how well does Pit and Marth do as a team? Of course, I'll appreciate the help. Probably doubt that you will, but well, it's better to ask than not at all, right?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Admiral Pit, send Pierce7d a message (visitor / private).
He gets to play against Pit a bit (probably one of the only marths that do) so he'd probably be the best bet for finding out info.

Top Bottom