• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Can you fair and do whatever you want to Squirtle, Jigs, and Diddy?

That would be hilarious.

Grab Release is the dumbest concept/discovery ever.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
How in the flying hell do I kill/gimp Wario?

I literally save my f smash throughout the entire match to wait around 110-120 to try and kill Wario from the grab release and he still lives. I do nair to rack up the damage if i get a grab early on for the grab release and fairs and dancing blade to help rack up damage.

Should u smash be the killer in this match up? u tilt? What moves do you guys like to use?

I feel like Wario kills me at like 110% while i have to wait until 170%

Basically, I'm having trouble killing Wario.

Player-3

Smash Hero
usmash is marths best damage dealer, use it out of GR to rack damage

kill him with reverse utilt (always tips) around 140

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Learn to tipper wario with fsmash out of a grab release and BAM the dirt is gone.

Up until reasonable mid percents, grab release to uair stuff is actually generally more damage indusive.

As in, spamming the jump button to get one started asap, uair as late as possible into a ff, chances are a second aerial will be possible for like EVER.
Nair is also good at similar percents because you will be able to fast fall around the time of the 2nd strike. Its an okay mixup in that regard because most Warios will be expecting an upwards move and DI strongly to the left/right making nair often a bit sexier.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
usmash is marths best damage dealer, use it out of GR to rack damage

kill him with reverse utilt (always tips) around 140
Learn to tipper wario with fsmash out of a grab release and BAM the dirt is gone.

Up until reasonable mid percents, grab release to uair stuff is actually generally more damage indusive.

As in, spamming the jump button to get one started asap, uair as late as possible into a ff, chances are a second aerial will be possible for like EVER.
Nair is also good at similar percents because you will be able to fast fall around the time of the 2nd strike. Its an okay mixup in that regard because most Warios will be expecting an upwards move and DI strongly to the left/right making nair often a bit sexier.
Thanks Guys. Completely forgot about U smash!

I've been using nair at lower percents and usmash, fsmash, and u tilt at higher percents. I always use u tilt if they are going to land on a platform because it always hits sweet spotted. I like using u smash and u tilt for the kill though becaue he definitely dies off the top easier unless you tipper the fsmash which is risky IMO during a match that matters.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Common knowledge but i wouldn't fish for grabs on a good wario, in general i find that i can judge the skill of a wario by how often he gets grabbed, but shays is right about damage and what not. Also watch warios patern of movment in the air, most players have some sort of pattern they themselves don't realize like coming back from the ledge on the third time after regrabbing it twice, warios air camping is no diffrent

I have a question on Marths dthrow frame data, I didn't see it in frame thread and I think it might be possible to CG MK with D throw but i need frame data

BTW I am FeSoren on Aib when i made my account here 1 year ago i essentially put my Email as my username. I am NOT new to teh smash community and have been active on Aib marth boards for a while

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Should I be using usmash out of grab release on wario to kill or rack damage? What do you guys recommend? I sometimes use u tilt to kill if they are going to land on the platform.

Basically i know how to attack him and approach the match up but is it better to use fsmash and rack up damage and then usmash for the kill or vice versa?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Should I be using usmash out of grab release on wario to kill or rack damage? What do you guys recommend? I sometimes use u tilt to kill if they are going to land on the platform.

Basically i know how to attack him and approach the match up but is it better to use fsmash and rack up damage and then usmash for the kill or vice versa?
This question sounds familiar.

FFd uair combos do more damage at lower percentages, depending on where you are you might want to fair in order to get Wario in a worse position. You should just tipper fsmash out of release for the kill though, and improvise on what to do when he's not yet in kill percentage.

Brawl Stud

Smash Rookie
Is there a list explaining what buttons you need to press to do a move?
Example: Nair = A in the air, and just a list of things like that
If there is please give me the link. Thanks

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
He Is but i still have 2 questions

1 how can i change my username on SWF
2. Marths D throw frame data

Marth forums on AIB were decent a few months ago but for some reason we just stopped posting for no apparent reason, so i came here

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
He Is but i still have 2 questions

1 how can i change my username on SWF
2. Marths D throw frame data

Marth forums on AIB were decent a few months ago but for some reason we just stopped posting for no apparent reason, so i came here
1. You need to buy premium membership for that to occur. On rare occasions (VERY RARE, like don't count on it ever rare), an admin may change your name. You have 13 posts, make a new account lmao
2. No one has really recorded Marth's frame data on throws... hmm...

Brawl Stud

Smash Rookie
Alright, Still pretty new to online brawling and very new to using marth, could someone explain to me how marth's dancing blade actually works, (How many times do you press B and when do you press the direction on the analog stick) I can get it 95% of the time hitting a sand bag but everytime I try to use it in a game it stops at the second sword hit :/

Rad

Smash Ace
Alright, Still pretty new to online brawling and very new to using marth, could someone explain to me how marth's dancing blade actually works, (How many times do you press B and when do you press the direction on the analog stick) I can get it 95% of the time hitting a sand bag but everytime I try to use it in a game it stops at the second sword hit :/
Dancing Blade has four hits. In-between each hit there is a fairly wide window in which you can input the next hit (ie you can vary the timing to change the speed of the attack). If you tap B too quickly, the move cuts itself off. If you tap B too slowly, you'll miss the input window.

When you play on wifi you often get the cut-off for tapping B too quickly (or just messing up the timing in general). The off-line timing for the fastest possible DB (which you learn naturally) is too quick when it lags. If you're really serious about playing on wifi, slowing down your inputs might help.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
if you want to get better playing wifi helps mu's thats it, AIB is good for that aspect of brawl however for guides and facts come here

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Question about Dancing Blade-

i know that this is marths best move to refresh his move set but does each of the commands count as a move? Does each ending slash count as a different move?

How does this work for this move exactly?

etecoon

Smash Hero
each slash counts as one, like MK or snake's ftilts, the rapid stab if you do down for the fourth only counts as one like other multihit moves like tornado or pika's dsmash

Rad

Smash Ace
Each hit of dancing blade counts as one on the staleness counter. However, all the hits of dancing blade count as the same move.

So... using DB1 stales DB1, DB2, DB3, and DB4.

EDIT: Ninjad

mventre

Smash Apprentice
What's the best approach for interupting an opponent's crouch cancelling jabs?

I have been playing someone who is pretty good with crouch cancelling jabs with Captain Falcon and Luigi. Alot of times he will A,A, grab me or A,A (crouch) A,A etc ...

Should I be trying to interupt with dancing blade or jab? I've been trying to up-b out of it but for some reason I usually end up DIng out upwards and missing the dolphin slash

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I'm having an insanely hard time with camping Snakes.

By camping I mean camping shield and spamming f tilt or grab. I feel like Marth is incredibly screwed here because my aerial approaches go out the window and he can easily shield my entire dancing blade and then punish with whatever. Also, if I try to grab he can see that coming and just f tilt it before my grab comes out. If I try d tilt and fail my DI is ****ed up for the f tilt and I might die quicker than I want to...

My guess is that I really have to abuse any opportunities I get to get Snake off stage?

Snake ***** Marth so hard on stage.

I hate fighting olimar and DDD too but I've learned to get around their BS because grabbing DDD is amazing and no DDD ever expects grabs. None of his attacks in front of him really come out as fast as snakes f tilt so approaching him on the ground isn't so bad.

Olimar suffers greatly from recovery so I can deal with him when hes off stage. I still think he beats Marth on stage but marth owns air and gimping and thats why he has advantage.

C.J.

Smash Master
1st of all... your aerial options aren't "out the window." Full hop well spaced aerials > snake. He has no way to punish them except for hoping to hit your landing, although Marth is fast enough to usually land out of his range/behind him, even if it means you have to you use your second jump. As for dtilt, well, don't fail then, lol. Also, As soon as you hit "A" you have no reason to keep holding down unless you are going to keep dtilting him so I fail to see why it would negatively affect your DI. Also, why on earth are you using the entire DB against his shield. If he shields it, angle the third hit down and stop then. (Marth takes a step back so it's safer). Marth is at a terrible frame disadvantage if you do all 4 hits.

Soo:
More well spaced full hop aerials
don't be dumb w/ dtilt
don't hit his shield w/ all 4 hits of DB

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
What's the best approach for interupting an opponent's crouch cancelling jabs?

I have been playing someone who is pretty good with crouch cancelling jabs with Captain Falcon and Luigi. Alot of times he will A,A, grab me or A,A (crouch) A,A etc ...

Should I be trying to interupt with dancing blade or jab? I've been trying to up-b out of it but for some reason I usually end up DIng out upwards and missing the dolphin slash
If you aren't in their jab range you wouldn't have that problem.

POF, Snake is a very stupid character. Thats all that is needed to be said.

etecoon

Smash Hero
he can easily shield my entire dancing blade and then punish with whatever.
try not to attack his shield with DB from the front

mixing DB up into grabs from DB1 sometimes works, or retreat after DB3 downward. he can grab you first I think but it's mostly a mixup game

you need to be proficient at ****** him off stage/in the air, snake's air game is horrendous against marth

I don't really understand what you mean by snake ***** marth on stage, marth outranges him, has safer attacks, is more mobile, has more mixups...snake is pretty much limited to punishing most of what you do with dash attacks which leaves him very open if he misses and obv makes him predictable

edit: listen to CJ, also stage position should dictate some of your actions, like don't dtilt when your back is to the edge, it's not advantageous anyway where as hitting snake with that when HIS back is to the edge puts him in **** position

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
POF, Snake is a very stupid character. Thats all that is needed to be said.
Is it stupid to say that I'd rather play Meta Knight? At least I know how to deal with his BS. We have a grab release, decent ground game against him, Dancing blade, fair that outranges his fair, uair to stop his dair.....

Snake is just "hey guys, I camp really gay and force you to come to my crap. If you do your aerials i'll just f tilt that"

This match up is one of the key arguments you could use to say why people prefer Melee over Brawl. Melee is camping; sure, but it is not STUPID OBVIOUS camping. err.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake takes a lot of time to learn how to play against but I believe marth is even with him, MK is just ******** no matter how much you learn, all you can do is hope you play much better than your opponent

Top Bottom