• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

C.box

Smash Journeyman
Lol I've pulled off gr to doopwalk to regrab alot, I probably doesn't work but marth's doopwalk is pretty fast and allows you to use marth's regular, longer ranged, and faster standing grab without shielding instead of his crappy running grab but meh maybe by buffering you could get a regrab :/.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well, I don't have the equipment necessary to record videos but it's easily testable for yourselves.

I'm not willing to give up on this until there's proof of it not working. :(

Been trying to test this out to the best of my ability and it's shown no signs of failing. I could possibly test this out more accurately with some friends on Saturday though.
If you don't have any video recording equipment, perhaps you can find someone here that does. Just do what you did in Training Mode but in an actual match and save the replay. Then send it to someone via Brawl and friend code. If this actually works for Marth, then that'd be great!

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Just give the link... and lets make it lively.

Hmm if you can air grab release MK and regrab, then that would definitely be awsome. Just think about it: one more thing to pwn broken MK's with. And it would look very cool.

Btw in my earlier post, I meant a ground release, not air release.

Also AfroTwist ShadowPie, I like your ava... is that supposed to be Kaworu? (or is it Kaoru...).

Nightshine

Smash Journeyman
Has anything new happened in like the past 3 months? Haven't been on in a while and starting to come back. Not like I'll post much anyway lol. And whats with teh pranks on certain people?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I don't get the deal about the prank. I guess the mods are just having some fun.

Not much too important that I can think of... 1-2 new ATs, but not very groundbreaking.

One of the ATs:

If you perform a SB in the opposite direction after a primary charged SB, then the momentum will be carried through... basically, since a charged SB from up high can cause you to run into a upsmash or such, you can zig zag away from the stage then back towards it, making you less predictable and harder to punish.

Mikehaze placed very high in EVO 2009. He was in the Grand Finals, against M2K. He beat Ally, but lost to M2K. I haven't watched the matches against Ally, but I have watched the ones against M2K. I must say the matches were definitely interesting to watch.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi all. I was sharing a small new AT with pikachu. Do you think it can be applied with Marth decently? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays Toon Link and Samus) and am going to advance the technique over time. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Cool thing about this move is that it allows a instant NON-FASTFALLED d-air right in the middle of it. Works for those with laggy (but epic) spike-moves with high fastfall risk.

Thanks for the time. Please pm me if you have any neat contributions or comments--i'd appreciate that. :D

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
@ Legendary Pikachu

Some very interesting work you have there. Looks pretty cool, actually. Well, I guess it can be applied with anyone, so yeah it would help Marf too XD. Thanks for contributing it to this board :).

@ TKD+ITA+Mar=

What do you mean? I thought those were the Grand Finals... so you mean Mike lost, then went to Loser's Brackets, where he fought Ally again?

C.J.

Smash Master
Mike beat ally somewhere in winner's, ally proceeded to **** loser's, M2K vs Mike in winner's finals, M2K wins, Ally beat Mike in loser's, and M2k beat ally in grand finals

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I don't get the deal about the prank. I guess the mods are just having some fun.
It's a new feature of the Premium Membership Package. Premium Members can prank other members; it results in a pink username and custom title.

What is the determining factor of whether or not a character can perform a DACUS?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm pretty sure everyone can DACUS, but the slide depends on the momentum shift of their dash attack.

Reizilla

Marth's is like one step. It's shorter than a dashed upsmash. I'm pretty sure. Just go search tactical for a chart.

Kishin

Smash Ace
So I just tested the grab release chain grab with a friend and the results show that it is inescapable but difficult to do and what not. Couldn't get any replays, and this doesn't 100% prove that it's inescapable but maybe someone else can prove that is IS inescapable with videos.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
whats matchup on vs luacrio? lucario**

should the matchup mostly marth approaching? it may have been me, but i kept getting shield grabbed so i didnt space correctly and how should the matchup be played??

and how do u get past his rolling

Reizilla

how many frames does it take to double/air jump? for it to start. it takes 7 to get off the ground, right?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
It's a new feature of the Premium Membership Package. Premium Members can prank other members; it results in a pink username and custom title.

What is the determining factor of whether or not a character can perform a DACUS?
Oh I see. Interesting feature :D I might just get one someday.

Yeah MZDAM is right, every character has a DACUS, but some character's DACUS's don't slide as much as a dashing upsmash.

whats matchup on vs luacrio? lucario**

should the matchup mostly marth approaching? it may have been me, but i kept getting shield grabbed so i didnt space correctly and how should the matchup be played??

and how do u get past his rolling

Well yes, you have to approach sometime, simply because he has a projectile and you don't, and that's just the way things work XD. (Only common exception is that if you're a stock up, and time is running out, and you're just planking or running from him or such).

With correct spacing, he should not be able to grab you. Try to DI back after you perform an aerial if he keeps grabbing you out of those.

Predict it. Observe his movements, and try to see the kinds of conditions that cause him to roll. If any of those observed conditions are set in the present time, then get ready for a roll. Dancing Blade is a great punisher for rolls. Another option is simply just staying in the air more, so you have more maneuverability if he tries to roll and grab you, since you will still have a second jump and can DI away from him, and can perform a retreating aerial in the meantime.

I'd say Marth has a small advantage over Lucario. The Marth Match-Up Thread has him as 60:40 against Lucario.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
"Guys, Marth cannot cancel his Dash attack, he can hyphen his Usmash however."

You sure? I thought it was more just that the way his dash attack was made, being all slow to start up and not much of a boost, didn't let him slide...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Can anyone give me tips on how to tip a D-Air? I'm having trouble spiking. :(

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Can anyone give me tips on how to tip a D-Air? I'm having trouble spiking. :(
You and everyone else.

Here's the big secret: Pivot.

All you have to do is dair backwards. There are three easy ways to set up for a backwards, offstage dair:
1. Turn around before jumping from the stage

2. DB1 turnaround in mid-air
3. Jump/Ledge drop>Ledge hop from hanging position

Some things to keep in mind:
1. Always dair on the ascension when you're still figuring it all out
2. You can footstool>tipper dair forward and backward (the timing is automatic)
3. You generally shouldn't be trying to spike anyway unless it's someone like Snake
4. Grab>aerial release>tipper dair is a true combo on Meta Knight

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You and everyone else.

Here's the big secret: Pivot.

All you have to do is dair backwards. There are three easy ways to set up for a backwards, offstage dair:
1. Turn around before jumping from the stage

2. DB1 turnaround in mid-air
3. Jump/Ledge drop>Ledge hop from hanging position

Some things to keep in mind:
1. Always dair on the ascension when you're still figuring it all out
2. You can footstool>tipper dair forward and backward (the timing is automatic)
3. You generally shouldn't be trying to spike anyway unless it's someone like Snake
4. Grab>aerial release>tipper dair is a true combo on Meta Knight
Oh, ok.. What's a DB1? :x
Thanks for helping

Reizilla

However you can use bair as you initiate your jump and keep your momentum

Lord Chair

Smash Master
"Guys, Marth cannot cancel his Dash attack, he can hyphen his Usmash however."

You sure? I thought it was more just that the way his dash attack was made, being all slow to start up and not much of a boost, didn't let him slide...
Everyone has a DACUS, it's just that most of them serve no purpose because they are barely any different from a hyphen smash.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Smh -_-

Try canceling Marth's DA (aka dash --> cstick down --> up+z)

[EDIT] Well I need someone else to test since if a majority of people are differing, even though I'm 99% sure he cannot cancel his DA. And not everyone can DACUS, MK cannot.

Tophes

Smash Cadet
Possible new AT?

I was messing around with momentum pivoting shield breaker in the air since mikeHAZE does it to mix up his recovery.

Emblem Lord had made known about the ability to lead towards a shield breaker while running. I had attempted to mess around with both mikeHAZE's and Emblem Lord's techniques and I came across momentum pivoting shield breaker out of running on the ground, somewhat like a pivot dancing blade.

Basically, you do the running shield breaker, but you also apply the momentum special pivot that you would for i.e. Shield Breaker Bouncing and your momentum for the shield breaker shifts on the ground.

Has this been known already? If not, tell me and I'll try and get out a video or something.

Tophes

Smash Cadet
Wavebouncing involves being off the ground. This running momentum pivot SB doesn't involve getting off the ground. B-reversals are usually done in the air as well yes?

Top Bottom