• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
instead of wasting your time asking you could have spent around 20 seconds in training mode to find out

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
lol, because you're staying up all night with your buds just playing smash mostly, the only way it helps is more experience but the fact that you get no sleep could give diminishing returns

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
ok

double confirmed

eidi exists

gg shaya

even though it's probably just smash di, no need for another name

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just so I don't spend the entire night being an idiot...

Tippered nair does combo from Grab release, right? As in I can do it before MK has the ability to airdodge or do anything.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I like your ava DZhou :).

Uh I wouldn't say its a tradition to not sleep and to eat kfc (or other food). Some people do it, but it's not "the" tradition... I'd rather sleep moar :)

"lol, because you're staying up all night with your buds just playing smash mostly, the only way it helps is more experience but the fact that you get no sleep could give diminishing returns"

Sounds just the way a drug works =O

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Yes it does, much quicker :).

Edit: Oops when I was typing this, I refreshed the page and saw the question then replied but now I see that there was a new page XD

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Just so I don't spend the entire night being an idiot...

Tippered nair does combo from Grab release, right? As in I can do it before MK has the ability to airdodge or do anything.
Since the last answer wasnt sure of himself, I'll back him up. you can grab release to nair a mk. The timing is harder than the other Grab release option however which inclide -> DB first two hits, dolphin slash, dash attack, dair and fair.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
gg Bengals?

WHY DO I TRUST PEOPLE WHOVE QUIT BRAWL WHO SAID EIDI DONT EXIST OVER YOU?

rageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

If you can prove to me that for each correct input you do, you move slightly further away, I'll believe you.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Haha, not sure theres any way I can do that

but like, if lucas mashes towards marth with the analog and c-stick, he seems to end up even closer than normal to Marth. If you try that out, I think that'll be all the proof you need. I could just be imagining on that last part, though.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hmm interesting about this EIDI thing... May be since it's related to the fact that Ness/Lucas are inactive longer than Marth is inactive during the grab, may be there's a period during that inactivity where they're able to DI/move around but still have the "grab release" animation/effect.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Since the last answer wasnt sure of himself, I'll back him up. you can grab release to nair a mk. The timing is harder than the other Grab release option however which inclide -> DB first two hits, dolphin slash, dash attack, dair and fair.
Awesome, thanx.

I've got the others down, but I've been having some trouble with getting nair to work, so I wanted to make sure.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
will the nair only work if you buffer it?

*EDIT: Buffer the dash that is

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you buffered it properly you'd always do an untippered fair instead of a tippered one.

It's when you have the timing down to do untippered fairs from a grab release on MK that you know you're uber pro.

Nair has a larger leeway, it doesn't require perfect buffering.
Not even hairing the dair requires buffering the dash perfectly.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
If you buffered it properly you'd always do an untippered fair instead of a tippered one.

It's when you have the timing down to do untippered fairs from a grab release on MK that you know you're uber pro.

Nair has a larger leeway, it doesn't require perfect buffering.
Not even hairing the dair requires buffering the dash perfectly.
So I don't have to buffer the dash to do grab release>DS/Fair?

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Tip: if you dash and jam down on c-stick at roughly the same time, dash attack will tipper about 95% of the time.

My apologies if this is known already. I don't see many Marths use it out of grab release.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
After using more Dash Attack out of the grab release, I noticed I got way more Fair/aerial kills lol. Note to self.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
"On the ground, I always use Dancing Blade. It may not be fresh, but making nair fresher four times faster is good."

Question: Does each hit of the DB count as one separate move, or is it all the same attack? (I want to know for attack decaying reasons). If it does count as multiple attacks, then wow that's totally sweet XD

and just FYI i'll be gone for about a week cus of Marching Band Camp. . .

btw Almost Legendary, I JUST noticed where the anime that the people in your sig were from, I was watching Clannad since a few days ago but I still didn't realize it XD

Top Bottom