• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Battlecow

Play to Win
I answered your question pretty well I think.

Also look at superstar's threads started or try forum searching "port forwarding", titles only.
Thanks, and sorry if I was rude to you. The "searching port forwarding" thing worked. Cash, here ya go. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216489. That should teach you how to do it. It's complicated, but I hope you can figure it out.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I answered your question pretty well I think.

Also look at superstar's threads started or try forum searching "port forwarding", titles only.
Sorry, guys, I'm sort of a noob. I hear that p2p does not have as much lag as online, how do I do this "p2p thing," get it going, and use it?
Check the smash index, guys. I put both of those in there as soon as I started working on it.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Hiya.

Im new to smash boards,
<_<

and i just wanna know how to set the replys in threads from newest to oldest? coz mine shows oldest ones at the first page, and the latest ones at the last page. and its sux.

Ty

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You could just click on the "last page" button. Also when you click on threads to the left of the title is a little arrow button that skips to the newest unread post in a thread.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I managed to play with some of my friends via P2P.
I still use servers for one or two who I can't play P2P with yet, but there are more and more problems arising with servers recently...

I played on
89.149.202.120:27888 EmuParadise (germany).
Then I got a desync and tried to rejoin the server but then the "connecting to server..." error message appeared as it did on other servers I used to play on such as
94.23.10.207:27888 alz.ath.cx (france). As I described in my earlier post, by right-clicking on the server name I can see that my ping would only be 50ms or something reasonable but I simply can't join the servers (and my friends can't either)!

---

Then a new bug arose since yesterday: "Executing from non mapped space!"
When playing, this message pops up without warning and the emulation is stopped (behaves similar to a desync). I found out by googling that it can be related to a broken ROM but the message kept popping up even after clearing my TEMP folder, replacing the emulator folder with my back-up folder and downloading a new rom. I got this message on
77.207.45.30 Lufia Server (France)
88.159.180.250:30000 :::: BIONIC :::: (Germany)
My friend told me I'm the only one he got that error message with.

Help?

dandan

Smash Lord
play on lufia.

pm me if you want to join an european smash msn group.
all the top euro players are there, including some germans :D

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Maybe you should try to download another copy of the emu, you maybe have some wrong stuff with your actual copy.

Bionic is a dutch server btw.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I'm uploading console 12 character battle against superboom right now check my youtube as I upload; first vid should be up soon

files are a few hundred MB so it will be a while between vids
The matches where alot of fun to see in real life :)

firo

Smash Ace
Couple of DI questions I was thinking about today:

If you get hit by a spike at low percent on the ground, does DIing downward do anything? What about at higher percents when you fly upwards?

If you are recovering back to the left ledge of the stage and are hit with, lets say, falcon's dair, is it best to slide DI right, down + right, or up + right (assuming you are above the ledge)?

dandan

Smash Lord
For Samus's Up+B:

1. How should I DI to escape it?
2. Does falcon punch go throw it, (immediately after u leave ground)?
DIing up is the easiet way to go, but be careful not to waste your jump if you do not want to,
you can also DI down, but it is trickier.

i think you mean whether samus gets invincible, and she does, i am not sure if it is just for one frame or more, but you can be invincible to attacks at the start of the upb.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
should i just smash DI up or slide DI Left>Up or Right>Up or what?
i usually smash DI the direction depending on where the edge/platforms are.

But I usually smash DI down, since I find myself jumping too much out of the upwards DI.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Ok thanks.

Also, has any1 played online lately? It seems almost everyone I fight choose to use Kirby. Ok, I'm all for winning, but spamming dair and uptilt just shows you have no skill... seriously, I don't think I'm bad but these Kirby players are just really annoyinbg.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Ok thanks.

Also, has any1 played online lately? It seems almost everyone I fight choose to use Kirby. Ok, I'm all for winning, but spamming dair and uptilt just shows you have no skill... seriously, I don't think I'm bad but these Kirby players are just really annoyinbg.
Losing to dair/utilt kirbies means you lack skill.

Or they're better than you.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
I have a kinda trivia-ish question:

on Saffron city, I know that there are sometimes flying pokémon that pass along the background. I'm trying to hack a remake into brawl, so I was wondering which ones actually show up, so I know which ones to use.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Butterfree, Pidgey, Fearow, and the very rare Moltres fly across the backgrouns, according to SmashWiki

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
When off the stage all Kirby has to do is dair. So... rests are hard to land on an attack-run away strategy.
you have to learn how to teleport well.

Teleport to N-air is a nice strategy for Jiggs vs Kirbs if you can time it right.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Butterfree, Pidgey, Fearow, and the very rare Moltres fly across the backgrouns, according to SmashWiki
Moltres?! GAH

I'm the kind of person who has to see everything, if someone can link me to a video that would be great lol

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
And to teleport you: Dash>turn around>jump all very quickly?

I don't know exactly how to do it or the frames...
you have to get the dash turn around to occur (not dash dancing), then when you see jigglypuff "slide" really fast in the other direction, that's when you wanna jump.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
ah. thanks for the info, I'm trying to recreate the stage for brawl (via stage hacks). Any specifics I should note?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The rising/falling platforms are ungrabbable
Running off the left hand side of the helipad (far right) with most characters lets you grab the right hand ledge of the pokehouse.

If you can implement a pokemon portal/house...

One charge attack with fixed, moderate KB (Porygon)
One super-powerful, smart-bomb-esque explosion that extends above the pokehouse (Electrode)
One flamethrower type (Charmander)
One razorleaf type (Chikorita?)
Free items (easy enough, I suppose)

The Star King

Smash Hero
I somehow doubt he can implement the pokemon, if he can that would be really impressive though.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Hey guys, so I got a ps2 converter and I am trying to set it up. But for some reason, the option "Use" is turned off... I can only save or cancel.

The controller plugin is Nrage 1.8 I think. I can set up the buttons.

Edit: updated the dll and it works... its soooo awkward playing the game though... losing to a level 3 cpu.

Trying to find a good setup... especially for z cancelling.

Trying to make it work online... can't.

dandan

Smash Lord
i think you should change the deadzone in your input settings.
not sure though, i use a keyboard.

remedys

Smash Cadet
if u have win7 then:
control panel-view devices and printers-right click controller icon and select game controller settings-properties-settings-calibrate. when it asks u about the z axis and whatever just press a button or click next i think.

kit

Smash Apprentice
Okay I wanted to make a whole thread/discussion on this, but I figured if I started here there might be a clear exact answer...

Hitstun

Okay so my friend and I are starting to work on team combos... and my question is what is(is there even) the clear definitive sign that it is no longer a combo and your opponent can use a move...

since there is no combo counter for more than 1 vs cpu in 64 I was wondering how do you know if its an official combo?

Can you jump the instant you are out of hitstun?

What moves can you use first i.e. b moves like pikachu/mario up b...

And is there a way to tell like oh the character flinched (or any visual clue) that means they are out of hitstun...
Oor should we just get a third person to input upb at like all times lol.... help... thanks

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
The easiest way to tell is if you had a 3rd player. But comps sometimes will try to get out of a combo. Then you'll know. :l sorry i couldnt be of much help

Top Bottom