• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

dch111

Smash Journeyman
and normal Uairs too. Always seems easier with reverse, though, for some reason. Less knockback or more hitstun or something.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
is wdash possible?
i dont think 64 has an airdodge, so..
Well, without airdodge, there can't possibly be a wavedash...considering it's one of the key ingredients...

well you could just utilt with k to
U B spam.
First time I've seen Kirby abbreviated to just "k". Took me awhile to realize it.

What is this U B spam

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
well you could just utilt with k to
U B spam.
you should be careful with double posts
(lol usermods)

Kirby's Up b isn't too good. I recommend up tilt into back air, f-air, down air, or into another up tilt if its lower percents

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Forgive me if this has been asked before.

Is there a speed unlocking guide?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Go to Options > Gameshark Code > tick Have all characters and Unlock Mushroom Kingdom

But in all seriousness, there is no fast way to unlock them all. Just go through adventure mode three times on normal, then beat all the break-the-target games. Mushroom Kingdom is unlocked by playing lots of smash.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Go to Options > Gameshark Code > tick Have all characters and Unlock Mushroom Kingdom

But in all seriousness, there is no fast way to unlock them all. Just go through adventure mode three times on normal, then beat all the break-the-target games. Mushroom Kingdom is unlocked by playing lots of smash.
Mushroom Kingdom is unlocked by beating the game on normal 3 lives no continues with all 8 starters. Or maybe just beat the game with all 8. Item switch is unlocked by playing 50 games of multi.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Mushroom Kingdom is unlocked by beating the game on normal 3 lives no continues with all 8 starters. Or maybe just beat the game with all 8. Item switch is unlocked by playing 50 games of multi.
Yeah, I'm playing it on VC, not an emulator, so Gameshark is not an option lol.

I appreciate the answers though. I unlocked them all "the hard way" myself earlier.

Is it 50 games or 75? I've heard both so I don't know which.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I've held off on asking this, but I've had this problem for a while. Nothing on my kaillera client saves after exiting; as in Username, Exit Message, IP Storage, etc. I use the p2p/client/playback kaillera, and the original one doesn't save anything, either. Supraclient does save, but I don't want to keep renaming files if I want to p2p, and it can't record.

I've never heard of anyone else having this problem, but I hope someone can answer this for me. I'm tired of typing my username in everytime, and not having a super cool exit message. And joining clans will be a problem if they have a complex clan tag, even though I'm not intent on joining any clans right now.

bphodges

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain to me how to get P2P and client kaillera to work without having to rename files and stuff? I downloaded the kaillera.dll for P2P, but when I replace it, it only gives me a P2P option, no client option. I feel like I'm real close, just can't pinpoint it.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Can someone explain to me how to get P2P and client kaillera to work without having to rename files and stuff? I downloaded the kaillera.dll for P2P, but when I replace it, it only gives me a P2P option, no client option. I feel like I'm real close, just can't pinpoint it.
You simply have to have two separate pj64 folders. I have one that is for p2p and one that is for server, the only difference being the kailleraclient.dll file. Replacing the client file (.dll) changes it from server to p2p, it doesn't simply add it, unfortunately.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
sorry if this has been asked before, but is there anywhere i can find gs codes/save files for the japanese version of the game?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Mine saves when it doesn't crash, as well. Otherwise, I wouldn't be asking this unless my emulator crashed every time lol

I did some digging around my PJ folder, and I found out that Supraclient creates "supraclient.ini", which has all the Supraclient settings that you saved. Maybe the p2p client has something like this too? Hopefully someone will answer this.

dandan

Smash Lord
is there anywhere i can find the supraclient, i have a problem getting into servers with the normal one.

thanks.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Apologies for sounding like a noob, but why is the melee tier list called "final"? is the metagame not expected to change or something?

DMoogle

A$
Apologies for sounding like a noob, but why is the melee tier list called "final"? is the metagame not expected to change or something?
You'll probably find a better answer in the Melee forums. :p

I'm guessing it's because a consensus has been reached about all the possible match-ups.

Metagame does not affect which character has the advantage, that's why it's called metagame. I'm sure it's not really "final" and not open to discussion; as new options (including a variety of options that can lead to metagame battles) that each character has are discovered and used, the match-up list may evolve.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I was confused because I saw that there was a "new match-up chart" thread below it, that was still being discussed and edited.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
totally unrelated: i was playing round with samus and her b-up goes higher when ur on the ground. so i was sliding from the c button to b-up and getting a really low b-up. is this a know or used technique? it could be useful instead of using a full hieght b-up, using a low one and having less vunerable time in the air.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's what most people do when they Up-B with Samus, it decreases the chance of being punished since you reach the ground faster.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
yea i was thinking all that. after i made my first samus 0-death, i was tryna make another and i think if u do the "low up-b" and hit the opponent and slide off the edge of the left platform on dreamland it can link to another move but i've havnt succesfully done it yet so dont take my word for it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
yea i was thinking all that. after i made my first samus 0-death, i was tryna make another and i think if u do the "low up-b" and hit the opponent and slide off the edge of the left platform on dreamland it can link to another move but i've havnt succesfully done it yet so dont take my word for it.
Sorry, but the Prince has already done this D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTS2M6vwhaU#t=04m33s

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone have tips against Jiggs with Kirby/Pikachu/Falcon (mostly Kirby)? I played a good Jiggs at a tourney/smashfest yesterday and got *****. I have trouble comboing Jiggs since she's so light and I kept getting hit by her dair->utilt->rest combo. I know I shouldn't let her get above me but there's no real way for me to hit her out of the air with Kirby, so should I just run away when she tries to dair? What are some good combos that work on her?

Please help me against this stupid character. :(

Top Bottom