• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

SSBPete

Smash Lord
does yoshi's grapple have a dead zone right infront of him? i have some fotage of him and his grapple goes right through a standing falcon. i'll post it up on yt if u wanna see.

lionbombz

Smash Rookie
yea i got a question for u guys

who da **** here thinks they can take me in ssb?

any1?

earthadept

Smash Lord
Does anyone have tips against Jiggs with Kirby/Pikachu/Falcon (mostly Kirby)? I played a good Jiggs at a tourney/smashfest yesterday and got *****. I have trouble comboing Jiggs since she's so light and I kept getting hit by her dair->utilt->rest combo. I know I shouldn't let her get above me but there's no real way for me to hit her out of the air with Kirby, so should I just run away when she tries to dair? What are some good combos that work on her?

Please help me against this stupid character. :(
Ummm kirby's up tilt beats out like all of jiggs' aerials. With falcon up smash will ****, and with pika... anything lol (up tilt goes through puff's dair like butter)

ps - we need to play sometime! i can show you stuff.

remedys

Smash Cadet
a$, first you say hold the joystick with your right hand for more power, and then you say hold it with ur left hand and use your right hand to shake the controller.
i tjink u mean the second one..

Zebo

Smash Rookie
Can I get a Nintendo 64 controller USB converter? I saw some for sale but I'm not sure if they work for project 64 so if someone could clarify before I order one that would be great.

DMoogle

A$
a$, first you say hold the joystick with your right hand for more power, and then you say hold it with ur left hand and use your right hand to shake the controller.
i tjink u mean the second one..
Yeah I didn't make that part extremely clear. What I meant was that the momentum is with my right-hand, my left-hand and thumb don't move at all, it just holds the joystick in the direction I want to DI from, I'll try to edit it to make it clearer.

EDIT: Hmmmmm, not entirely sure how best to re-word it. I really should just make a video demonstrating it. Or someone else could make a video and I could tell them if they're doing it right. :p

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Samus is far and away the best character in the game...if you pick dark Samus on congo jungle you instantly win, more broken than metaknight lolololol

In all seriousness, 64 is the most balanced game of the three (four), with every character perfectly viable (a few matchups are gay, but otherwise it's cool).

Why not try the old fashioned 'I'll play who I want to' way of picking and see how well you fare?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Depends on your definition of "gay". The best character no doubt is Pikachu. The easiest character to use is Kirby (even at high level play). The character with the easiest 0-deaths is Falcon (depends on opponent's character, but either way, lots of damage in an easy combo).

DMoogle

A$
Depends on your definition of "gay". The best character no doubt is Pikachu. The easiest character to use is Kirby (even at high level play). The character with the easiest 0-deaths is Falcon (depends on opponent's character, but either way, lots of damage in an easy combo).
Jigglypuff and Falcon are easier than Kirby at high level play, imo.

dandan

Smash Lord
i think falcon is easiet and kirby is not far after, the hardest chars to learn are more interesting though, i think fox and yoshi are the hardest, maybe ness too.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Yoshi is definitely the hardest IMO. You have to spend a lot of time getting used to his DJC and his weird double jump in general. And then of course you have to learn how to parry

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Yoshi is definitely the hardest IMO. You have to spend a lot of time getting used to his DJC and his weird double jump in general. And then of course you have to learn how to parry
yoshi comes almost natural to me. i find its really difficult to play characters like fox and mario.

dandan

Smash Lord
who really learns to parry...
how many have really learnt it, except sheer, sossi and prince?

i remember sheer trying to teach me how to do it, has not gone too well.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi isn't that hard to use

he has some flaws though that make him tougher against higher tier characters

but still pretty decent

ballin4life

Smash Hero
It took me at least as long to learn how to DJC shield break as it took to be able to shdl or shine jab. Also just getting full mobility on your DJCs requires a lot of joystick gymnastics. I'm not good at parrying either.

Fox and mario/luigi (dair uair stuff) are probably up there too, although there is a lot of fox stuff that you don't really need to know to be good. Ness is hard to get really good with also (fair chains, sweet spotting upb).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Really? Jiggs requires some really good spacing because of her short arms.
I just noticed...does Jiggs use her arms in anything useful?

N-Air, D-Air, U-Tilt, F-Air, B-Air, D-Smash, F-Smash all use her feet lol. Her head is used to U-Smash.

I guess throws (and U-Air) require arms. Oh, and Neut-B.

The Star King

Smash Hero
who really learns to parry...
how many have really learnt it, except sheer, sossi and prince?

i remember sheer trying to teach me how to do it, has not gone too well.
Plenty of people learn it. To name a few people...

Camus
Frogles
Me, kind of, I'm still learning

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i think learning shine jabs and shdl was much harder than learning how to djc with yoshi or parrying. although, for me, parrying isn't difficult to do, i just need to learn when to try and apply it since it is almost a guessing game. i've been practicing parrying into grabs a lot recently and am sort of getting the hang of it in match play

dandan

Smash Lord
shine d-tlitls are easier, at least for me, than shine jab, as you are already holding down.
parry is much harder as it depends on your opponent and not just you, you just have the 4 frames with the hit.
i agree that a running sh dair utilt is hard, again for me, but it can be really practiced to perfection,
parry is much harder in that way.

Top Bottom