• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Every time you play against a campy projectile player just practice parrying a couple of them each stock.

If you do that every game you'll get parrying down eventually.

DMoogle

A$
I thought that up-tilt to Falcon Punch would work too, but I haven't connected it yet.

It probably does with some characters/percents, I just haven't gotten it yet.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well I guess that's probably the only time you'd use it so there you go lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Trying to say that Falcon isn't manly doesn't work on Falcon.

The Star King

Smash Hero
U-tilt -> Falcon Punch is actually REALLY easy at about 65-75% (staled). I like being homo vs people and doing Utilt x5 -> Fair -> Utilt -> Falcon Punch, Fair can be DIed though.

Zebo

Smash Rookie
Why does my game always freeze when i go to select my character after putting in the have all characters cheat on project64?

Zebo

Smash Rookie
Forget about my last question, I figured it out. >_>

Why can I not change modes between P2P and client when I'm using P2P?

Zebo

Smash Rookie
No, well maybe. The drop down box at the top right of the client only has P2P as an option but apparently there's suppose to be a server option too.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Question for boom :

Could you beat me in smash 64 online if I used a controller and you used a DDR mat?

LOL
I actually tried this in melee (DDR mat). The problem was that the arrow keys were set to the D-pad... meaning that they were completely useless (except for taunting). If it did work, it seems like it would be so much fun (for fun matches of course) :p

SSBPete

Smash Lord
something really weird happend today when i was playing my cousin on console. we were just mucking around with a fox ditto and i was spaming shine cancles, and i shine cancled and turned around at the same time at the exact same time a laser from my cousin hit me, and the laser didnt reflect back, it still had the reflecting animation but the laser went the other way. we tried to reinact it, but it wouldnt happen.

DMoogle

A$
Nothing special, it has to hit the reflector at a specific place, kind of inside the reflector (meaning you have to activate it RIGHT before it hits Fox.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ok so this is kind of a stupid question, but are there any differences between the JP version and the NTSC version? I know there are differences between NTSC and PAL which is why I ask.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
ok so this is kind of a stupid question, but are there any differences between the JP version and the NTSC version? I know there are differences between NTSC and PAL which is why I ask.
the main difference is that there is basically a lack of DI in the japanese version and that Ness is much better.

Otherwise, there should be a post by Malva.

earthadept

Smash Lord
the main difference is that there is basically a lack of DI in the japanese version and that Ness is much better.

Otherwise, there should be a post by Malva.
hitstun is crazy in the japanese one. puff *****... every char has some slight diffs that changes stuff

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
How exactly do you make your opponent shoot downwards when you do Mario's Down-B? Whenever I do it, he either sends them high, or they slip side-ways.

Link, Falcon, Mario and Luigi are also clearly better.
How is Link and Falcon clearly better? Mario and Luigi, yeah.

Top Bottom