• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

P D

Smash Ace
You can do DK's down b in the air. He just doesn't do anything and continues to fall normally.
huh, thats weird my controller stick instantly goes back to its normal postion when i try it

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
is there a Gameshark code that allows you to play Master Hand's Residence in VS? if so, can anyone link it?

Superstar

Smash Champion
1 stock matches you say?

I have the codes for it on my laptop. The only real hard one was making player 2 human controlled, which my brother just randomly changed numbers in another existing code until it worked.

A "skip credits" code would be a nice fourth code. Basically, you need these 3 codes:

Player 2 Modifier [to change the second player's character].
Skip to Masterhand
Make Player 2 human controlled [has to work for 1P mode].

The third one is the hard one to get. Then just start a 1P game, and voila, 1 stock match.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Unfortunately that's not an option for me Dylan. Surri does the best he can. I think. Question answered. Let's keep this on topic guys.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I dont hate you surri, I just don't think you don't do a good job of moderating the ssb64 section, when ironically you spent years complaining about it the same way I do.

difference is I know I wouldnt make a good mod. Soooo many unfair infractions would follow.

Since I have no questions ill just leave it at that. Zen1 to me is the mod of this section.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Some mods of boards don't even contribute to the board, just lock threads and keep things orderly/hand out infractions. Surri does that AND contributes from what I can tell. What more should he do? lol

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Some mods of boards don't even contribute to the board, just lock threads and keep things orderly/hand out infractions. Surri does that AND contributes from what I can tell. What more should he do? lol
Wow thanks!

I would like to hear what Dylan has to say though, he doesn't mind blasting anyone so im sure I'll get a ear full for colorful reasons why I am failing xD

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
2. In http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL-G59G7gTQ , why is it that the opponent must be hit first with nair to be able to use nair on the bomb? Is there some subtle overall game mechanic I'm not understanding, or is it a programming quirk specific to link and his bomb?
He explains it in the video description. If you hit a bomb with nair, it will explode. The only way to avoid this is to hit the opponent before with a nair.
The sublte overall game mechanic you're not understanding is called "stale move negation". I hate to quote smashwiki, but I'm too lazy to explain it:
"Stale-Move Negation refers to moves causing less damage as they are used repeatedly.
Masahiro Sakurai added stale-move negation to the Super Smash Bros. series in order to encourage players to try different attacks out and use characters to their fullest instead of using the same attack over and over again. When a character uses an attack too many times, the damage and knockback goes down until it becomes less than half its original power. This is something to remember in the Home-Run contest, as some combos will get weaker and weaker. Using different attacks will reset the damage of the spammed attack at about the same rate it was cut, while being KO'd resets all a character's moves.

In Super Smash Bros., stale-move negation affected both damage and knockback. Here, damage and knockback decrease to 75% of their original power and remain constant from that point on (given the attack power is 4% or higher)."

Therefore, when Link hits Fox with a nair, nair weakens and the weak frames of it will not make bombs explode when hit, but make them bounce. Beware though, if you use the strong frames of a nair, bombs will explode regardless of nair being a stale move at the moment.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see. Does it "remain constant from that point on" for the rest of the game or get reset at intervals?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Or if you hit with other attacks.

One hit with a move will fully decay that move (both percent wise and knockback wise) if you use it again.

However, each time you hit with a different move, the original move will gain back some of its power. If you hit with 3 moves (without using the original one again) then the original will be back at full power.

Example:

Falcon's strong hit nair

Full Power = 16%
Stale (after one use of the move) = 12%
Semi-Stale (was stale, but then I hit with one other move) = 14%
Semi-Stale (2 other moves) = 15%

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Ah, I see. Does it "remain constant from that point on" for the rest of the game or get reset at intervals?
Here's another thing that's going in my Smash64 master guide.

Superstar actually tested this out a long while back, and I'll try and link the thread.

In the meantime, it takes 3 moves to replenish another.

remedys

Smash Cadet
do 'pros' jump with cbuttons (which one?) or the controller stick, or does it vary on the situation, or does it not matter much?

do pros hold the joystick with just the thumb or the thumb and index finger, or does it not matter much?

im cfalcon. i want to jump, up a, jump, up a. is this possible when using the cbuttons , and if its possible what am i missing? (when i up a i use my second jump as i up a)

can u shorthop using the joystick?

thats all for now, probly more to come though.. thx for any answers.

D

Deleted member

do 'pros' jump with cbuttons (which one?) or the controller stick, or does it vary on the situation, or does it not matter much?

do pros hold the joystick with just the thumb or the thumb and index finger, or does it not matter much?

im cfalcon. i want to jump, up a, jump, up a. is this possible when using the cbuttons , and if its possible what am i missing? (when i up a i use my second jump as i up a)

can u shorthop using the joystick?

thats all for now, probly more to come though.. thx for any answers.

I hold the controller so that my left hand is around the bottom part with my right hand on the right wing

---
people use different c buttons, I use left c, others use down c

I hold the joystick with just the thumb, using thumb and index sounds awkward and you also need to press z to z cancel

yeah its possible with c buttons, it sounds like you jump twice before you pull off one up air

you can shorthop with the joystick, some people do that

D

Deleted member

Surri never contributes

and he created a useless subforum

Top Bottom