• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
next problem: i just attempted to test offline as recommended about 22mins into the video. the game loads fine but when i actually attempt to play it appears to be moving at 2/3 speed. i presume this is basic lag. i have it on 320x240. i closed my firefox and other open programs but it stays the same.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The only chars which it's really vital for techchasing and whatnot seem to be Link and Yoshi. Kirby, Jiggs, Ness, Mario, Fox and Pika have good dash attacks which can be useful, but can often be replaced with something better. Falcon and Samus's are ok, Luigi and DK's are pretty much worthless.
Woah woah woah, sounds like someone hasn't heard of samus's windmill of fury. A few dash attacks clank with kirby's utilt and give you a frame advantage (DK and Falcon's come to mind). Dash attacks are too pro, nobody is every ready for them.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Try a different video plugin, like jabosblahblahblah 3d6
most crash/fail to initialize. the 3d6 loads but it has problems with the display (because it's an older plugin, i suppose?). although it does run a bit better.

are there any other recommendations for what i can do? short of buying an alienware and using it primarily for this, of course.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
U on a desktop or laptop? If you buy alienware comp it better be a laptop, alienware desktops are wildly overpriced for their parts, which are 3rd or 2nd rate to begin with....if you or anyone is looking for a new laptop or desktop I can help, ezpwned

Foxs dash attack is good
See: LD

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i was kidding about buying a new computer just to play smash online. i'm sure there's a fix for it. i'm on an older (2008 I believe) hp pavilion dv6. i'm not sure how to bump up my graphics settings or anything, or make games run smoother. i'll see what can be done.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i managed to get it to work. there's still some minor lag but i think that differs from person to person, depending on their connection and whatever. i'm gucci now. losing to foxes as usual.
thanks knitephox

Battlecow

Play to Win
At's should just be part of your game, no one like overuses short hopping once they're experienced. Some people ( lots of people) do get more flashy than is effective though.

:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
At really low percent, like if you think they will land before you can get another up-tilt off, I just grab. Against fastfallers you can repeatedly up-tilt then up-smash thunder (if no platforms get in the way. Against floaties up-tilt a few times and then start an up-air chain into nair or bair off the stage.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Whats the best combo out of a Pika utilt?
your question is conveniently vague, depends on the character, what % and where/if they di

standard choices are like grab, utilt again(haha), usmash, uair, bair

you could be hip and do something like dsmash at low percents or fair into nair

ballin4life

Smash Hero
At really low percent, like if you think they will land before you can get another up-tilt off, I just grab. Against fastfallers you can repeatedly up-tilt then up-smash thunder (if no platforms get in the way. Against floaties up-tilt a few times and then start an up-air chain into nair or bair off the stage.
This, except on floaties if you're feeling bosslike go for utilts -> uairs -> usmash

Dingus

Smash Cadet
How many frames does it take to bring up your shield and also to drop your shield? Is it the same for every character?

Dingus

Smash Cadet
Assuming it also takes only 2 frames to drop a shield, doesn't that mean there isnt much difference between moves that can be done out of shields and any other move. I guess 2 frames might make a big difference it some situations.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I wouldn't assume it's 2. Based on personal experience I'm willing to bet it's more. I wish Sangoku was still around lol

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
how often can you guys pull off advanced techs like fox's dash pivot instantaneous edgehog thing? i've seen people do it effortlessly online these past few days and i haven't ragequit because that's not my type of thing to do. but i have been frustrated, if for no other reason than i wonder if these sorts of things are able to be done with the same fluidity on console.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
it's possible on console consistently, you just need to know spacing and timing for it

practice till you don't get it wrong

maybe your problem with learning tech is that you're using a brawl character in ssb64(samus)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i don't mean for me, i'm just curious as to whether or not it's much easier to pull these things off on an emulator, for whatever reason. maybe keyboards or xbox controllers assist. i dunno.

and don't knock my bbygrl, she's mah main squeeze

ballin4life

Smash Hero
how often can you guys pull off advanced techs like fox's dash pivot instantaneous edgehog thing? i've seen people do it effortlessly online these past few days and i haven't ragequit because that's not my type of thing to do. but i have been frustrated, if for no other reason than i wonder if these sorts of things are able to be done with the same fluidity on console.
with fox that's a super easy tech. just dash one way and press the other way right when you're about to hit the ledge (and maybe fast fall at the end). also i'm guessing that it would be easier on console than on emulator (better joystick response).

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
with fox that's a super easy tech. just dash one way and press the other way right when you're about to hit the ledge (and maybe fast fall at the end). also i'm guessing that it would be easier on console than on emulator (better joystick response).
really? hm. i had never seen it done in any videos, only just witnessed it online. i assumed it was a emulator-exclusive-ish thing. BUT, THE SPEED, JESUS

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of killer di; I would like to know whats the best direction to go when you're trying to get out a uair combo

with love, Killer(Creator of "Killer DI")

MattNF

Smash Lord
really? hm. i had never seen it done in any videos, only just witnessed it online. i assumed it was a emulator-exclusive-ish thing. BUT, THE SPEED, JESUS
(03:54:50PM) <Cameraman> how are you able to play online?
(03:54:58PM) <Cameraman> I can't even move normally
(03:55:14PM) <APEX TRAINING> uh
(03:55:24PM) <APEX TRAINING> only play online
(03:57:47PM) <Cameraman> no
(03:57:51PM) <Cameraman> i can't believe you can read like this
(03:57:54PM) <Cameraman> that's impossible
(03:58:00PM) <Cameraman> you just have ******** reaction time
(03:58:13PM) <Cameraman> for it to come out sooooo fast
(04:00:01PM) <Cameraman> like that tech
(04:00:08PM) <Cameraman> no way you can react liek that fast
(04:00:45PM) <Cameraman> there is a ****load before what you press happens and human reaction time
(04:00:46PM) <APEX TRAINING> what tech?
(04:00:57PM) <Cameraman> **** seems rigged as ****
(04:03:09PM) <Cameraman> yep I'm 100% sure
(04:03:13PM) <Cameraman> something's unfair here lol
(04:05:10PM) <Cameraman> yeah I'ma stick to playing offline for apex
(04:05:14PM) <Cameraman> everything here's cheats and ****
(04:05:29PM) <APEX TRAINING> bad troll
(04:05:30PM) <APEX TRAINING> ggpwn
(04:07:12PM) <Cameraman> not normal this lol
(04:07:51PM) <Cameraman> last on
(04:07:52PM) <Cameraman> e

is this you

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
^

hahaha @ "i can't believe you can read like this"

COME SAY HI TO ME ONLINE, I'M ACTUALLY REALLY FUNNY AND TALKATIVE GUYS

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
is there a way to get better opponents online? there should be an ELO ranking kinda thing so you dont have to deal with so many bad kirby players

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
well yeah but you can change your name so easily, so i dont ever want to risk a type 2 error

but also i dont want to quit out on someone whos significantly worse than me cuz thats the same as ragequitting

killa k

Smash Ace
Anyone know the best site for brand new n64 controllers or replacement joysticks? I'm looking around but most I see are suspicious or are those gamecube styled replacement sticks that I hear suck.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
I know lots of people are preparing for Apex so first off, good luck to everyone. Secondly, what better time to go back to the basics?

I need a fox combo. Doesn't have to be 02D but that would be cool. It's me so please nothing too complicated or flashy, just something to get me going with the character. A staple if you will.

I am assuming it will start with SH dair but whatever you have in mind works too. Also, please be specific as to which characters (ish) it will work on. If you really are a champ, a 02D on mario would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom