• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

M!nt

Smash Champion
I assume he means pivot

just press one way and then let the stick snap back the other way

prisonchild

Smash Ace
you just go back and forth fast enough to not see the slipping animation when he changes directions. i personally think it looks cooler the faster you pivot and i love to do it as a celebration in between stocks.

note: when executed best his feet never leave the ground so it looks like he hovers across the stage, mad cool.

rpotts

Smash Lord
It's kinda the same idea, but definitely not that fluid. Just dash in one direction the snap the stick back the other direction quickly and then let it return to neutral. It basically feels like hit the stick to the right/left and then let go, if the stick is fresh enough it should snap back just enough past neutral to pivot. Is this how everyone else does it?

Just FYI, if you pivot like that right on a ledge you'll be able to turn around and grab the ledge immediately; the clip shows Fox doing it but it's the same for all chars, the only difference is the distance you need to be from the ledge since characters have different initial dash lengths.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
rpotts I think that's how I pivot too, but I feel like other people don't do that, just based on the noise the controller makes. My pivoting is soooooo loud. So, for that matter, is my shdl.

rpotts

Smash Lord
rpotts I think that's how I pivot too, but I feel like other people don't do that, just based on the noise the controller makes. My pivoting is soooooo loud. So, for that matter, is my shdl.
I'm the same way with pivots, my troller seems to make a snapping sound, of sorts. Damn 64 sticks...
Can every character pivot ledge grab?
Yes, though it seems to be significantly more difficult with some chars, like Ness and Jiggs.
i know it's not but luigis dash dance looks similar
Yea, his low traction during his dash make it seem like he's sliding across the stage ala Melee Bowser.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It does work with them. Jigglypuff is one of the easier ones in fact. Ness's is pretty hard though.

Yoshi can do it on top of the Saffron box lol, normally though I think TANK is right

M!nt

Smash Champion
Its not that hard, its kinda similar to marios

nvm much harder than I thought, coulda swore i could do it :c

TANK64

Smash Lord
lol no.

Well there's no ACTUAL count.

BUT, I would hold all records for taunting if they were kept.

True Story. Ask any PRO.

M!nt

Smash Champion
lol yes, just press it lighter or like buffer it before you run off

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Can someone give me a relatively simple falcon on mario combo to practice? DL or Hyrule would be best but I'm not super interested in **** tent combos.

Here is a great example that rpotts gave me for falcon on ness on DL
From under a side platform [on DL] facing inwards at 0% against Ness -
fthrow -> dash SH late uair -> SH fair -> FH uair -> dair
If there are any cool falcon on mario combos similar to this that would be great. From my games against marios, however, I have developed a suspicion that such a combo might not exist.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
uair uair uair uair uair upB
lol. For some reason that rings a bell. hmm...

Anyways I guess I deserve that.

EDIT: I'm in training mode right now and I'm finding it hard to keep the combo meter going on f-throw to uairs. Also, do you guys think:
f-throw > SH uair > FH uair > uair > FH uair > uair > upB would work against humans?

rpotts

Smash Lord
Can someone give me a relatively simple falcon on mario combo to practice? DL or Hyrule would be best but I'm not super interested in **** tent.

If there are any cool falcon on mario combos similar to this that would be great. From my games against marios, however, I have developed a suspicion that such a combo might not exist.
This is ssb64, such a combo always exists.

Plug your troller into the p2 port and open up training mode. Falcon on Mario.

Run off platform -> first hit fair -> fthrow -> dash FH uair (land on right platform) -> FH fair (both hits) -> DJ uair -> upb.

92% KO.

Compared to --

fthrow -> dash SH uair -> FH uair -> uair (land on right platform) -> uair -> DJ uair -> upb.

96%, Mario survives.

:phone:

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
This is ssb64, such a combo always exists.

Plug your troller into the p2 port and open up training mode. Falcon on Mario.

Run off platform -> first hit fair -> fthrow -> dash FH uair (land on right platform) -> FH fair (both hits) -> DJ uair -> upb.

92% KO.

:phone:
This is cool. I've only gotten the whole thing once so far. But I can't help but feel that this combo is so specific that it is almost inapplicable. The practice is undoubtedly good for me though. Thanks again man

rpotts

Smash Lord
It's always good to have a wide variety of combo practice from a single grab at varying low percents.

That's the only way I've gotten a 0-death on Mario from that point, he can recover from the dairs and other finishers I've found so far.

for real matches though double hit fair is pretty ehhh
Replace the first hit fair at the beginning with nair; then you have enough damage to only need the second hit of fair towards the end, less succeptable to DI that way, good point.

Tom Bombadil said:
This is cool. I've only gotten the whole thing once so far. But I can't help but feel that this combo is so specific that it is almost inapplicable. The practice is undoubtedly good for me though. Thanks again man
It's really not that specific, just about any aerial -> grab somewhere at the bottom of DL can work with some minor variations, and you can always use it to simply combo into uair x3 -> dair/upb, or something. Lemme know if you have any others, I like trying out simple combos, especially on other characters than Falcon, lol, he's pretty much the only char I used to practice training mode combos on.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
If I know my combo isn't going to kill mario, i like to dair him and then techchase him into like fthrow -> dash pivot -> bair or reverse uair for the kill. I feel like I've been repeating myself with that suggestion over the past month but yea, dair on floatier chars is good if you aren't going to kill them.

rpotts

Smash Lord
If I know my combo isn't going to kill mario, i like to dair him and then techchase him into like fthrow -> dash pivot -> bair or reverse uair for the kill. I feel like I've been repeating myself with that suggestion over the past month but yea, dair on floatier chars is good if you aren't going to kill them.
I'm at work so I can't test this now but I don't think there's a situation where fthrow->pivot bair/uair would kill mario; won't the fthrow will send him too high at a percent where the aerial would kill?

Edgeguarding Mario can be difficult so ensuring that kill off a combo is very important, personally.

grahmcracker

Smash Rookie
Hopefully this is the right place to ask this...

I've been trying to play Smash 64 online for a while and I can't figure it out. I followed all the directions in the smash index and I have project 64 set up and everything. Single player works fine, and the server lists in netplay show up fine, but I can't connect to ANY server. It will just say 'connecting to server' forever.

Any idea on how to fix this? Or what the problem might be?

Battlecow

Play to Win
huh. Have you tried going to the "waiting games" list and clicking on one of those servers?

the only thing I can think of is that your internet isn't working or that you're only trying servers that are down lol

Top Bottom