• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Sangoku

Smash Master
This doesn't make sense. My laptop processor is ranked waaay higher than my desktop one and I can run ps2 games much faster on my laptop. I mean, it's obviously more powerful, even though it's a laptop.

Or were you saying that it doesn't work just because it's a laptop and it has nothing to do with power? But then why wouldn't it?

Another thing that doesn't make sense: if I run Minecraft with the dedicated GPU (NVidia), it lags as hell. But when I use the Intel integrated one (supposedly energy saving/not powerful) it runs fine...

TANK64

Smash Lord
Pretty sure my emulator/rom/plugin is good. Got my C-buttons working but can't smash/run/drop through platforms.
Yea forgot the answer to this one :/

Can someone help me pleeeease.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Windows calibration has almost done more harm than raw data. Maybe the little DMoogle guide (or any other) should be added to the index.

And just curious, why are you playing on emu TANK?

:phone:

TANK64

Smash Lord
Well my "new" laptop is a lot better than my old laptop, and I'm not using wireless internet anymore (still not great), so I wanted to see what the delay on fake smash would be.

P2P'd Boom for a bit, and the delay was less than I thought it would be. So I think that someone closer wouldn't be that bad. I mean, it's no console, but while getting wreaked by Boom I was just happy to be playing with someone; I've been craving smash lol. Sure, it's frustrating not having complete control but I'll get used to it.

So to answer your question. I think TANK will be playing online regularly.

Maybe.

Also, why doesn't everyone just P2P. Literally every game on Galaxy I tried to play DS'd... so yea that could be a problem.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use "R" if I'm trying to use "C" to jump and do an aerial as fast as possible. I also somehow got into the habit of using "R" if I'm trying to nair after getting hit, but as far as I know, it doesn't make any difference.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Why is that ?
So is 'R' better than 'A' in your opinion?
It seems quicker, I struggle to fit 2 uairs of pika in a short hop with 'A'. But I don't know I have always used A

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yea. I forwarded the ports and STUFF.

I check the "S: Public" box, right?
You're sure your firewall is opened to your internal IP? If so, you're sure your internal IP doesn't change? I know mine changes sometimes and I have to change the firewall thing too when it occurs.

:phone:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Why is that ?
So is 'R' better than 'A' in your opinion?
It seems quicker, I struggle to fit 2 uairs of pika in a short hop with 'A'. But I don't know I have always used A
i simply prefer 'r'

there are some advantages to 'r', such as you can use it to lag cancle aswell, without having to use a different finger

drummerjoe93

Smash Rookie
I seem to be having trouble specifically with Pika's jab cancel>grab. I can do the other characters fine, but for some reason, I can't do Pika's. Is there a difference in timing, or a different input or something I'm missing? I feel stupid as I can do it with the other few characters with ease.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Remember that you have to hit your opponent or their shield for it to work

Other than that, just go training mode and practice the timing, it's pretty quick

The Star King

Smash Hero
^You don't have to, the hitlag just makes it easier

My theory is that there's a 2 frame + hitlag frames window (can't TAS so can't confirm), so it's pretty much pressing the two buttons at the same time

Battlecow

Play to Win
f'real? Well, learning the timing on a no-hit jabgrab seems like it would **** you up for the real thing.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^basically what Pete said,

and @Battlecow, I find that by practicing the faster no-hit by default, you'll be set if you hit them, their shield, or nothing.

blacksideknight3

Smash Rookie
I have a question.
I was practicing pika, and i had just finished edge guarding on dreamland. I went to up B back to the right edge of the stage. I aimed right at the corner to grab the edge. But instead of grabbing, I went straight through the stage and ended up on the left side of dreamland where I fell to my death. It was like I teleported through to the other side.
Is this normal? lol

(Forgive my ignorance, I'm not a pikachu player)

Top Bottom