• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

The Star King

Smash Hero
^Only does it near the edge I think.

@clubba what if you use it to eat a PK thunder :O would be the best edgeguard of all time

clubbadubba

Smash Master
woah that would be awesome. Pikachu and ness trade aerials in the middle of the stage sending pika to the right and ness to the left. steal ness's up-b with the advanced tech then up-b back to the stage. WOAH

BR_

Smash Rookie
Status Colors

I've noticed that on some videos, players change colors depending on status (white when being hit, gray in invincibility frames, red when dealing/dealt fire damage, blue for electricity damage, etc). How can I enable this? It looks very useful.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^don't know what you mean bro, can you be more specific. idk what you're talking about.

Also that glitch happened to me like a week ago in the student lounge. First time for me in a decade, so yea, pretty rare (but I've also never played Pika more than like 2 times sooo).

Also, @Ricky, They only DI near edges BRO. I've tested it extensively. Any other training mode Q's, feel free to ask ;)

EDIT: OMG!!! Just got the best idea. Training mode on emulator would help me alot. :D

EDITT: But maybe not with delay :/

EDITTT: and it might **** up my console skillz.

EDITTTT: Naw it won't.

Morin0

Smash Lord
^^don't know what you mean bro, can you be more specific. idk what you're talking about.

Also that glitch happened to me like a week ago in the student lounge. First time for me in a decade, so yea, pretty rare (but I've also never played Pika more than like 2 times sooo).

Also, @Ricky, They only DI near edges BRO. I've tested it extensively. Any other training mode Q's, feel free to ask ;)

EDIT: OMG!!! Just got the best idea. Training mode on emulator would help me alot. :D

A good example would be when you spawn and get off the helipad, your character flashes white to denote invincibility.

SSBPete

Smash Lord

emu offline doesnt have delay

and if you're anything like me, it won't **** up your skills

i was once a console kid, now i'm a mad baller at both

Morin0

Smash Lord
emu offline doesnt have delay

and if you're anything like me, it won't **** up your skills

i was once a console kid, now i'm a mad baller at both
It doesn't have delay but some smashers say that because the emulator handles the controller differently, it's somehow too different still. I think it's easier to go from emulator to console than console to emulator. I feel bad for them console smashers :troll:

BR_

Smash Rookie
Status Colors

For example, this video - watch the Fox closely, he gets hit by a boomerang and flashes white, hit by a bomb and flashes red, and then a few other things happen, then he gets hit by a bomb and flashes red again, and more stuff happens. It's probably easier to see with falcon punch (because it takes so long) or drills, but I didn't have time to find a better example.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
For example, this video - watch the Fox closely, he gets hit by a boomerang and flashes white, hit by a bomb and flashes red, and then a few other things happen, then he gets hit by a bomb and flashes red again, and more stuff happens. It's probably easier to see with falcon punch (because it takes so long) or drills, but I didn't have time to find a better example.
What graphics plugin are you using? The Jabo plugins don't do certain effects like invincibility after you lose a stock. Try Glide64 (you can get it from the Index emulator link) to fully emulate every visual effect.

BR_

Smash Rookie
Status Colors

Thank you, I changed from Jabo to Glide64 and now they show up fine. I don't remember seeing those on console - guess I haven't played console for too long :(

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Tryin to figure out what the best way to test if you're getting the max height out of luigi's down-b. Highest I can do is getting onto the lowest planet zebes platform, and I only got it once out of like 20, so I think that's pretty close to max. Anyone got a better test?

MATTS!

Smash Ace
You are standing outside a windowless room, in which there are 3 light bulbs. In front of you are three switches. You cannot see into the room, but you are allowed to enter the room once to examine the bulbs. How can you determine which switch controls which bulb?

I want the answer. And there is only 1 answer. Thank you all.

<3

The Great MATTS!

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
You are standing outside a windowless room, in which there are 3 light bulbs. In front of you are three switches. You cannot see into the room, but you are allowed to enter the room once to examine the bulbs. How can you determine which switch controls which bulb?

<3

The Great MATTS!
Turn one light on for a bit (note the switch), then turn it off. Turn another on and immediately go in the room.

The lit light corresponds to the switch you just hit.

Feel the bulbs. The hot bulb corresponds to the switch you first hit.

The bulb that is neither hot nor lit corresponds to the switch you didn't hit.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord

<3

The Great MATTS!
depends on the bulb position, but u can leave the door open and make a guess based on light angles.

use a mirror to look inside the room(you're not looking in the room but at the reflection[counts?]).

there is no time constraint so, flip 1 switch, when u enter the room smash one of the bulbs that are off, when u exit wait for the one that u left on to die, then flip the other two, only one light will turn on.

you suck matts

ballin4life

Smash Hero
lmao just saw this discussion. i actually got asked that question in an interview once, so apparently that riddle is IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE

other riddle from that interview:

you have 80 wolves and 1 sheep on an island. the wolves are all smart. if a wolf eats the sheep, that wolf will turn into a sheep (so if a wolf eats the sheep we will be left with 79 wolves and 1 sheep). each wolf would like to eat the sheep, but really really doesn't want to get eaten (duh).

what happens?

Morin0

Smash Lord
Well, if they were smart, they would resort to eating each other thus not becoming a sheep. But I guess they'd be afraid of each other now...

**** it, they all die of starvation. :denzel:

:phone:

:phone:

So it looks like I was right.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
lmao just saw this discussion. i actually got asked that question in an interview once, so apparently that riddle is IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE

other riddle from that interview:

you have 80 wolves and 1 sheep on an island. the wolves are all smart. if a wolf eats the sheep, that wolf will turn into a sheep (so if a wolf eats the sheep we will be left with 79 wolves and 1 sheep). each wolf would like to eat the sheep, but really really doesn't want to get eaten (duh).

what happens?
80 wolves and one sheep

M!nt

Smash Champion
there will only be 1 sheep left because all the wolfs will die regardless of their choice.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i swear i answered that in the proving grounds at one point

lol proving grounds

almost as much fun as user blogs

Battlecow

Play to Win
The wolves create a moral code of honor that they know will be strictly adhered to and agree to a lottery system wherein one lucky wolf will be allowed to eat the sheep and thenceforth remain as a sheep unmolested until the end of his days.

This is assuming that a wolf doesn't mind becoming a sheep if he's not eaten.

B Link

Smash Lord
^Also:

1. What happens if one wolf eats the head of the sheep and another eats its legs? (i.e. sharing of sheep) -- does their transformation correspond with the part eaten (e.g. if a wolf eats a single sheep hair, does a transformation occur whereby only one of the wolf's hairs are changed into a sheep hair)?
2. What is the sheep's lifespan vs wolf lifespan (e.g. this is important, if the wolves are all super-old they might die before deciding what to do)?
3. What is the time-span in regard to the 'turning-into-a-wolf-after-eating-a-sheep'?
3* If there is a delay before a wolf turns into a sheep, what does the inbetween part count as, i.e. are they giraffes in-between the transformation? What if another wolf runs quickly and eats the giraffe? Does said wolf turn into a giraffe as well?

(*The above are not real questions that I want an answer for, they are poking fun at the fact that this is a riddle not a logic puzzle)

Top Bottom