• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah I thought that too. Thing is I still don't know the optimal way to DI now...

Nevermind since others don't want to answer, I'll just keep it vague (like "You can slide or smash, whatever feels easier to you") and it will be a bad video.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay, thanks that confirms what I thought (even though you both play kb) =).

And I found some fun stuff to include too. I guess it won't suck that bad lol.

I think I can release it this weekend.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Okay, thanks that confirms what I thought (even though you both play kb) =).

And I found some fun stuff to include too. I guess it won't suck that bad lol.

I think I can release it this weekend.
I play hori, switched off KB like a year ago or something

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i barely ever di so when i do, i smash di like a lethargic person because slide is just way too much effort

true story

kys

Smash Ace
I got a quick tech question for you guys, and I was hoping someone (*cough* Semp *cough*) could help me out. I've got a wireless connection and one of my laptops recently stopped getting internet. It's been fine for a year and a half, and it's still connecting to the network, it just suddenly stopped getting internet. Unfortunately I don't have it with me at the moment so I can't give any more details (work comp), but I've got my fingers crossed that it's an easy fix that you guys might know something about. Thanks in advance.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Oh man, I probably won't be of much help since it seems like internet in general is a total wild card when it comes to deciding if it wants to work or not...

I suppose you could make sure "Work Offline" is not checked in the File (?) menu.

Do other internet applications work?

Do other browsers work? What is your OS?

A quick Google search came up with this: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-35257-connect-but-can-not-access-the-internet-help

This post also has some easy stuff you should try: http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/120737-post11.html

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Anytime! Funny how the registry (and pretty much everything computer-related) likes to mysteriously **** itself up from time to time.

Oh, computers...

GriffinTremaine

Smash Rookie
(X) failed to open file

Lately I've seen this message every time a kaillera game tries to start up. Emulator wasn't bringing up the Galaxy anymore, so I recently downloaded Project64k to give myself a fresh start. What is wrong that's causing this stupid error? My buddies are wonderin' where I am

M!nt

Smash Champion
I don't understand what you're saying, can you describe it again.

thrik

Smash Rookie
If you are the same Superboom I see on Youtube, you're awesome. :)

Anyways... yeah. Seeing all those Youtube videos made me want to play good people. I'm still a noob compared to Smashers here, but wanted to get into online play.

I'm just not sure how to get it working. :\

I'm using PJ64KVE from the Smash 64 Index thread, but most of the graphic plugins don't work, and if they do they lag. They shouldn't lag at all though, since I have a fast computer.

I'm just wondering what all plugins you all use for PJ? Apologies if there is an up-to-date guide anywhere, I didn't see it (and tried searching). The guides in the Index thread were pretty old.

thrik

Smash Rookie
*hits Sangoku* :p Next you'll be telling me I might see Isai on here. haha

define "fast"
I've got an i7. Just wondering what plugins you guys use, if anybody wouldn't mind listing them.

I've got issues with my input plugins too. Jabo's doesn't let me run in the game (no range I guess?), and N-Rage doesn't let me use my C-Buttons. :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Isai goes here on the name "malva00"

I use Jabo3D8. Glide is the best if you can run it, but I can't.

thrik

Smash Rookie
Isai goes here on the name "malva00"

I use Jabo3D8. Glide is the best if you can run it, but I can't.
Jabo3D8 works fine for me... which Glide would you recommend? I have a lot. I don't mind testing each out, but I read somewhere that using non-popular plugins can lead to having glitches in online play.

Also, can anyone help with my input plugin issue?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
what do you guys think the ratio of brawl players to melee players to 64 players is?

this is a complete guess, with no thought put in whatsoever but i'mma say 5:4:1, respectively

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Apex had something like 300:300:60, which probs wouldn't be too far off.
I'm not so sure about that. Those limits were capped by the tourney directors so I wouldn't take much stock in them. If we're just talkin about knowing zcanceling, then I guess all of the entrants at apex were 64 'players,' but as far as really serious I would say only half that. Half the bracket was melee/brawl players who played for the hell of it. I would wager brawl and melee are similar in numbers, but both >10 times 64.

M!nt

Smash Champion
No such thing? Is it like a reverse or something then? like instead of hitting up, it hits down making them bounce up?

Sangoku

Smash Master
I didn't understand what ballin was talking about either. I don't know what Mint is talking about either lol. I don't think there is a reverse hitbox that would send people downward... Or if there is, somebody should try spiking with an upsmash lol.

Ballin do you have a vid to enlighten us?

How do you do the Dreamland ledge DI that sends you straight upward? I can do it ingame pretty consistantly (I think I DI down/down toward), but when I try TASing it, no direction seems to be working >___>.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Reverse hitboxes switch horizontal trajectories, not vertical.

Ballin might be thinking of a Crouch-Cancelled USmash.

I think the upwards DL DI is done by DIing into the wall below the edge (that is, DIing into a lower part of the wall). Like maybe a Mario length below the edge. Not sure though.

Top Bottom