• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
if you hold down on the joystick to crouch before you get hit by an attack, your knockback and hitstun will be significantly reduced.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Because...

:phone:
The wii version has no wifi and the connection is sloppy off-wifi also so people don't play it and people aren't bothering to hack it to make an online variant.

It is much easier to do it with a computer and it is basically impossible (and will most likely stay impossible unless Nintendo starts to care about comp smash bros and makes a competent online system [If this ever actually happens, the apocalypse will occur])

Ninja in Overalls

Smash Apprentice
for the vc version, is it possible to change the controls? because it is highly annoying having taunt on the z button. when i hold a gc controller i just automatically switch to brawl mode...:(

Edit:
also, one more question, are the n64 to usb converters any good, or would i be better off using some xbox controller or something? thanks.

TANK64

Smash Lord
What cheat file should I download for FD on Console, and all other shiny stuff?

Should I download the Gaudy pack or no?

KnitePhox hellllp meeeee

Felipe?

TANK64

Smash Lord
Thanks. Yea, I was just wondering if there was a cht.file he could upload.

It would be sooooooo much easier, since I now have a Gameshark 3.3, and could just transfer it, and then use his guide.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Hey i was just wondering.

If the game I'm playing ds's, is it better to quit the room, re-log etc than to just drop and start again?
Does this prevent it from ds'sing more frequently?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
If you just start reset in the game, then you're just going to get another ds within the next stock or two. It's better to just relog and rehost your game(Lagout reset).

M!nt

Smash Champion
okay thanks i guess people wouldn't be doing it for no reason lol

darf nate

Smash Cadet
ok so im a fairly expeirenced and good melee player that can beat all my friends by quite a bit. Recently me and my buddies have been playing smash 64 and i am having trouble with one of my buddies play styles. All he does is use ness and roll then roll back and grab me every time i try to approach. If i try to do it he won't approach and just hit me with ness b moves from a distance. Even though i know he is going to roll i can't do anything about it becuase i dont know which direction he will roll so if i attack where i think he will roll he just happens to roll the other way and then rolls back and grabs me. Since i use kirby i cant attack from a distance and force him to approach like he does me.... My question is how should i approach without getting grabbed every time?

Yodan

Smash Rookie
ok so im a fairly expeirenced and good melee player that can beat all my friends by quite a bit. Recently me and my buddies have been playing smash 64 and i am having trouble with one of my buddies play styles. All he does is use ness and roll then roll back and grab me every time i try to approach. If i try to do it he won't approach and just hit me with ness b moves from a distance. Even though i know he is going to roll i can't do anything about it becuase i dont know which direction he will roll so if i attack where i think he will roll he just happens to roll the other way and then rolls back and grabs me. Since i use kirby i cant attack from a distance and force him to approach like he does me.... My question is how should i approach without getting grabbed every time?
Well, if you're kirby and you know hes going to roll, just float towards him once, then when he rolls, float once more in his new direction and drop while using an aerial side A. If you catch him mid roll, hes now stunned. If not, you're both now on the ground again and if you're close enough you could throw him a side A smash attack.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Lots of dash dancing and u-tilting. For example, dash toward him and then back and throw out some u-tilts. If he happens to roll toward you, BAM 70% combo.

Mindgames come in handy here. You can't be predictable, so just jump around (Kirby's good at that) and don't commit every time. Bait him into rolling and POUNCE. Rolling is not very good in this game, and very predictable, slow, and punishable, so with some patience, you shouldn't have much trouble.

M!nt

Smash Champion
This looks like the newbiest match I've ever read.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
you can try using a move with a long animation which is just about all of kirby's aerials, this requires a bit of thinking though and good use of Z-cancelling. After your aerial, if he starts rolling and you missed, you can easily just throw out an up-tilt or any tilt for that matter/grab if you have him in shield stun. or for the newb killer, just run up and B, then spit him out far, you can try to get an easy gimp from there. works sometimes on my friends lol. good luck.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Well this is a lot of responses :o

A simple answer to rolls is f-smash, u-tilt, down air, or back air.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Ok so I'm making this DI video battlecow talked about. And I'm wondering, how do you DI out of Fox's uair? I remember Mahie said up or down depending on the situation, but in AntD's video, he says left or right (a quick slide). What's best concretely?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay, that's congruent with what Mahie said (who almost always escapes it), so I'll keep this one. Thanks.

By the way, making this video is way longer than I expected >__>. TASing is already really long and making a movie is even worse... I hope this will actually help some people (beginners), otherwise I'm just wasting my time lol.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Okay, that's congruent with what Mahie said (who almost always escapes it), so I'll keep this one. Thanks.

By the way, making this video is way longer than I expected >__>. TASing is already really long and making a movie is even worse... I hope this will actually help some people (beginners), otherwise I'm just wasting my time lol.
you can actually DI the first hit of fox's uair such that the second hit swings into air

i've seen it done every now and then

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'm not sure to understand what you're saying. The goal of DIing Fox's uair is to dodge the second hit, so it was implied when I asked how to DI it.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I'm not sure to understand what you're saying. The goal of DIing Fox's uair is to dodge the second hit, so it was implied when I asked how to DI it.

lol i didn't read the previous posts properly AND i didn't read my post properly

i was ment to suggest left/right DI works better at escaping that second hit

sorry, my bad

Sangoku

Smash Master
Oh okay. Well left/right is what was suggested by AntD, that's why I didn't know =(.

Now we have two persons in favor of each lol.

Another opinion?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Now that I re-read the DI threads I'm not sure anymore. Is it better in certain situations to smash DI? I've always only slide DIed and assumed everybody did the same, but now that I think about it I don't see why I made that assumption. So are there situations where it's better to smash DI instead of sliding? I'm talking about applied stuff, not in theory (so no "if you need one direction input it's better to smash and if you need 2 directions it's better to slide").

Top Bottom