• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
"Running off an iso on a hard drive."

hmmm.........................

How many times have you tried? Hypothetically it should go away after a while.

xlalala

Smash Rookie
Are you sure the people you added didn't just cange their name? Or does the number on the roster actually decrease?

What kind of modem do you have. If there is a problem with the modem or router the lights will usually blink when you are disconnected from the game. If you think that's the case I can help you further.
the number actually decreases. i deleted people that i already added but didnt add me yet and i added people that already added me. the people i just added ended up replacing my old friends -_______-

i have netgear and arris modems. all the things that light up on the netgear modem blinks and on the arris modem only the "link" light is blinking. (im not sure what "link" is. probably the internet?) the lights blink all the time.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I honostly have no idea what could be causing that. The only thing I could think of that would completely rid of the problem is to erase your data.

In that case it's not your modem. Is this just a recent problem? Were you able to play online before?

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
Hi.
1. About how many good, non-scrubby brawlers here on SWF are Basic Brawlers?

2. Who is the best Basic Brawler in the world?

DarkestLink

Smash Rookie
I have a few questions

1) I want to do stock matches, how do I edit this setting? I hate timed battles it feels nooby

2)I havent done online so I want to warm up with some random people before I get the codes of skilled users here. Well I pick my character and go to a stage and I have been waiting for 10 minutes (yes as we speak I am in the sandbag room) and nothing has happened. Anyway I can up my chances of getting a match because I see it happen fast in spectator mode.

3)How do I edit my taunts and see things like custom course of the day or w.e I have been hearing about

BSP

Smash Legend
I have a few questions

1) I want to do stock matches, how do I edit this setting? I hate timed battles it feels nooby

2)I havent done online so I want to warm up with some random people before I get the codes of skilled users here. Well I pick my character and go to a stage and I have been waiting for 10 minutes (yes as we speak I am in the sandbag room) and nothing has happened. Anyway I can up my chances of getting a match because I see it happen fast in spectator mode.

3)How do I edit my taunts and see things like custom course of the day or w.e I have been hearing about
1) in with anyone, you can't do timed matches. With friends, just clikck on the rules and u can switch them

2)That sounds like with anyone, and my honest advice is that u don't use with anyone to train or get better. IMO it really only makes you worse. If you still want to use it, just wait...that's all you can do IIRC

3)on the friend roster page, click on your profile(the red one) and youll see little windows where u can enter taunt messages. When you log on to Wifi, u should get a message saying, 'custom stage; replay' something like that. When you get that message, go to your replays/whatever u got and it should be the first one. Make sure you have accepted spectator mode and smash service.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Question. Is it just me or do some stages seem to have more input lag than others? I've noticed final destination and battlefield being bad sometimes, while smashville is generally good. Am I just imagining things?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
1) in with anyone, you can't do timed matches. With friends, just clikck on the rules and u can switch them
You mean you can't do stocked matches.
Question. Is it just me or do some stages seem to have more input lag than others? I've noticed final destination and battlefield being bad sometimes, while smashville is generally good. Am I just imagining things?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245659
umm noob question but like i use my neighbors wifi and i dont know why my wifi connector wont work so i want to get wireless internet to get wifi what type should i get? and if i get it do i have to register? again???
Wi-fi usb adabter, wireless router, or lan adapter. Your choice. Everyone has their own opinion on which is the best. I believe you have to register again. Not sure though.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
You mean you can't do stocked matches.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245659

Wi-fi usb adabter, wireless router, or lan adapter. Your choice. Everyone has their own opinion on which is the best. I believe you have to register again. Not sure though.
battlefield is good? :confused: That can't be right. Input lag is bad there and people with less than good recoveries like Wolf, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf ect SD when trying to get back to the stage all the time. I agree with Smashville being good and Final Destination kinda sucking tho.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah it varies from person to person. Most people I have asked agree on BF having the least. The more results we can get the more accurate we can make the list.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
BB and TB are both disconnecting me and have been in the past few hours.

Anyone know whats up? Spectate mode seems to be working fine

to my knowledge i havent done anything to my router

Longears

Smash Rookie
BB and TB are both disconnecting me and have been in the past few hours.

Anyone know whats up? Spectate mode seems to be working fine

to my knowledge i havent done anything to my router
I have been getting a "Disconnected from network during data transmission" error all day, spectate works fine

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
what state are you in?

if you live out side central Ohio, and you get the same error message it must mean their wifi server network is probably down...

good to know im not the only one having the same issue thanks for posting

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
yeah I was getting error code 80510 continuously this morning, haven't been back to see if its working...

it's working. **** spammy meta knights. :O

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
hmmm...i think they might of changed the match making settings to reigonal. I keep leaving rooms, yet i return to the same ones or rooms with people i've already seen in a previous room.

whatever it is they did...it feels like the lags been reduced quite abit

speaking of which, when i run into a room that disconnects itself just because i appeared, it seems to error faster and much more gracefully instead of it taking 1-2 minutes to error.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
hmmm...i think they might of changed the match making settings to reigonal. I keep leaving rooms, yet i return to the same ones or rooms with people i've already seen in a previous room.

whatever it is they did...it feels like the lags been reduced quite abit

speaking of which, when i run into a room that disconnects itself just because i appeared, it seems to error faster and much more gracefully instead of it taking 1-2 minutes to error.
it's definitely regional in terms of match making, it'll always seek out players closest to you physically for the sake of connection quality.

woah, so like you enter a room and it drops right away? Are you logging in with the same character every time or changing characters? also try fooling around w/the items and stage defaults to see if that has anything to do with it, cause I've never been able to verify why this happens, other than the possibility of hacks desyncing the game/dropping the room or just plain crappy connection quality (not necessarily on your end but on one of the other room participants).

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
it happends to me when im in the practice stage. All 3 people appear then i auto disconnect. It happened sometimes. Sometime im in the practice stage and a person loads up in the "Brawling..." stage already...i drop out and re-enter if that happeneds

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Ran into a glitch for the first time today.

I was in BB and had a full room, while in the character select screen everyone leaves and two more entered almost immediately. Then when i get to the the practice stage there's a pink P1 icon in the lower left corner and a blank spot where P2 should be. Brawl starts and i'm P2 and can't do a thing, then the next brawl i change my character, only to end up with the same character as the first brawl but in a different color.

I dunno what caused this, as far as i could tell there was no obvious signs of hacking (which is the prime suspect when weird stuff like this happens). I have homebrew but had loaded the game without it. Anyone seen anything like this before?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
yes, that's a rare wifi glitch but it does happen. basically while waiting for a match your "spot" will get dropped and filled w/someone else but you'll still be in the room, and you'll be able to spectate the match but you won't be able to participate.

Kantō

Smash Champion
what would be in your guys opinion the best wireless router with the least lag for brawl online play? i need a good one! im sick of my ****ty one!

Kantō

Smash Champion
i have an older belkin model, and it sux. not sure if i want to go with that again. any others? assuming that money is no problem? i mean i dont wanna spend 1000 bux, but im willing to throw down a good chunk of change for a really good router.

linksprouly

Smash Rookie
is there an easy way to sort tournaments by location? I live in SLO, CA and am new to this community. I'd like to get in on some tournaments tho, and make some easy cash. I LOVE Smash

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Offline Tournaments?

Regional Zones
That's a link to the Pacific West Forum. You can find event's for the region there.

Welcome to Smashboards linksprouly. (This thread is for online questions by the way)

OverLade

Smash Hero
What program can I use to play brawl on my computer monitor using a dazzle with minimal input delay?

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Hey there I'm sorry if this has been asked a couple of times.

The people that you play with in "with anyone" is their a way this is sorted out? Does it depend on your location/brawl number? I want to know before I hit up the Zelda/Shiek/zero suit Samus boards demanding to know/try to find who these (very awsome) people are.

Hi Infinite Dreams :)
I swear I am playing with a rotating pool of the same people, I know I'm not crazy.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm not exactly sure, I believe it finds people nearest to you.

I do know it will be impossible to find who you were playing through smashboards.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Is Wi-Fi down? Or is it just me?

EDIT: Ignore this, the problem fixed itself.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
@ wiscus With Anyone is designed to match you up with players located closest to you physically in an attempt to improve connection quality... doesn't always work that way tho, sometimes you get a laggy connection with people that may be down the street, sometimes you get matched with someone 500 miles away and low lag. Just depends on the intertubes that day.

@ Y462 actually I wasn't able to connect this morning, so there may have been a temporary issue, but if yours is working now I suspect mine will too.

@ bry cool! lemme know how it works out, that dedicated gaming mode sounds very cool if it really works.

futurepants

Smash Rookie
Ok I am posting here in hopes that someone can help me.

I am using brawl+ 5.0 the newest set from brawlplus.net

Every time i try to play with a friend (he has the same set as I do) my wii freezes.

if i host, it freezes as soon as i choose to host

If i join, i get the "joining game" then my wii freezes as soon as we connect.

I am using usbloader with snapshots if that matters

He is using gecko OS real disc.

Space-knight

Smash Cadet
Besides getting a new router, what can I do to improve connection? Not just speed but range? I am thinking I can just buy a new antenna. I found a decent one for 12 bucks. I know this will improve range but will it improve speed? I have a decent router.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Thank you for the answers. I don't care if I seem silly I am somehow going to track down those people, there is this really awesome Zelda/Shiek I keep playing, you never know, it's a small world after all.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Besides getting a new router, what can I do to improve connection? Not just speed but range? I am thinking I can just buy a new antenna. I found a decent one for 12 bucks. I know this will improve range but will it improve speed? I have a decent router.
☠
Besides getting a better router, you can get a faster internet connection. :p
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Top Bottom