• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Wizdart

Smash Rookie
hate to be an arse. I can get into wifi connection but every time i try to brawl with a friend or alone in teams or ffa it tells me that the error code is 80430, which should mean there's something wrong with my internet. please post help if possible.

B.Link

Smash Cadet
hate to be an arse. I can get into wifi connection but every time i try to brawl with a friend or alone in teams or ffa it tells me that the error code is 80430, which should mean there's something wrong with my internet. please post help if possible.
Dude it happens to everyone its not the internet its nintendo's way of saying "thanks for buying our crap i hope you enjoy it" first they smile at you then when you leave they say "sucker"

marcoramig

Smash Rookie
"Whenever I want to brawl one of my friends, I get the error message "Disconnected from network during transmission" Error Code: 86420.

I have the same problem with some friends, but I can play with others...... anyone know about an answer of that...... is so wierd I use different Routers, Nintendo USB Wifi Connector!!!!

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!

B.Link

Smash Cadet
I have the same problem with some friends, but I can play with others...... anyone know about an answer of that...... is so wierd I use different Routers, Nintendo USB Wifi Connector!!!!

Help Please!!!!!!!!!!
look at the post above you man.... i wasn't kidding its not the internet

marcoramig

Smash Rookie
look at the post above you man.... i wasn't kidding its not the internet

Yeah..... I know....... I tought there is something...... ti be fixd but not!

But how can it be...... so there is no solution for Error 86420..... Just sucks the nintendo online!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
where is the topic about what stages had the most lag...?

marcoramig

Smash Rookie
I have Internet...cable......but I try different internet sources.... 3 different companies, Wifi, Nintendo USB conector..... and always with the same Wiis I have the problem, and with others not, in fact if I want to play with a friend who has the problem with me, we need another friend to host us..... for example me and a friend join to an other friend room.... so thats the only way, but I tried every thing, turning off firewalls antivirus, change the internet from ADSL, WiMAX, now cable... in different houses..... is always the same thing!

mangojuice

Smash Rookie
1v1 and items off play

Ok. I know this is probably a stupid question, but i just bought my wii recently and i don't know how to

1) Play 1v1 online against unknown people (not friends)
2) turn items off against unkown people and friends
3) select the stage on which you want to play on .

It seems like when i play against unkown people (general?) i can't select the # of people i want to play against, nor does my stage selection matter. Also, all the items spawn.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for such a stupid question, but the UI is pretty untinuitive.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
To play against unknown people you just go to basic brawl. Basic brawl is very limited, however, and is generally a waste of time.

1. You can't select the number of people you play against in basic brawl. It generally searches for 4 people. Sometimes if it cannot find 3 other players it will just go to 1v1v1 or 1v1. It's pretty rare though.

2. Turn items off regularly. When you play, the game random selects whos rules to play with each match. So if you have items off and your opponent has items on, then there is a 50% chance items will be off. If you are playing with 4 people and you are the only one with items off, then each match there is a 25% chance items will be off.

3. The same goes with stages.

The best thing to do would be to play by friend code exchange. There's a couple of places on smashboards that allow you to ask for matches online and simply exchange friend codes. By doing this, you can play with the rules that you want. The New New Members Fight Arena is the best place to ask for a brawl.

ShootheMoon

Smash Rookie
Why do I sometimes randomly disconnect?

I mean whenever I host the connection seems really good, but sometimes it just disconnects in the middle of a match for no reason whatsoever.

mangojuice

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the response. Wow, that's pretty poor =(. I really enjoy playing Smash. I played with my cousin the other day and the lag was pretty horrible. I'm in new york and he's in southern NJ - I guess about a couple hours away. But the lag was attrocious - like a full second input delay.

Street Figher 4 netcode is not good, but at least I was able to get decent semi-lagless games. Is it even possible with Wifi Wii? Or is the noticeable input delay inevitable regardless of how far you are from your opponant.

=(

Anonymous Brawler

Smash Journeyman
One day I was having a taunt party with an old ganon. A MK appeared and we ***** his a**. He disconected us and I got to basic brawl menu. I entered again and I finded the same ganon and a match later the same MK.

The games try to find who is nearest to you or what in basic brawl? Cause it seems that I always fight the same persons...
And I never saw that ganon again after that match :crying:

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I only have three sets of numbers for my Wifi Friend code, but SWF aks for four.

What's the fourth set of numbers?

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Is there currently a seperate tier list for online? I can't think of anyone who likes wifi enough to organize such a list, but just wondering ^_^

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Is there currently a seperate tier list for online? I can't think of anyone who likes wifi enough to organize such a list, but just wondering ^_^
I don't think so. Not sure about this, but I think there was some list AiB might of made influenced by online brawl or something? Wouldn't personally think there would be any changes for a list made from wifi unless it was really bias imo.

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Well, there are certain characters that seems to perform much better in wifi than irl... maybe its just me but I can't seems to win as many matches with Marth than when I switch to jiggs. It could be the element of surprise, I'm not sure...
Snake would probably the one that I can see having the biggest benefit. While he's tough to beat offline, its nigh impossible online. Just because of the way his abnormally large hitboxes mesh with the lag well... From what I've experienced at least.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
OK, heres a question:

One of my first times playing with someone on this site online, I added the person, and then IN THE FRIENDS WAITING SCREEN i was sent an INVITATION asking me if I wanted to play with the person. How did he do this?

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I never heard of that happening... Unless you mean you were already in the room with the person you were playing and it asked if the person you were already playing with wanted to join? Not sure what you mean exactly. But if that's the case, they were requesting a second person from their side of the game to play.

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
Ok, Im going to explain this in gross detail to help out:

I enter wi-fi
I put in friend code
I go to "Brawl with Friends" (where you can see all your friends who are brawling and join them if you want)
suddenly a window pops up on the screen "**** invites you to play with him" (or something like that)
i click ok, I brawl

how did he do this?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Well, there are certain characters that seems to perform much better in wifi than irl... maybe its just me but I can't seems to win as many matches with Marth than when I switch to jiggs. It could be the element of surprise, I'm not sure...
Snake would probably the one that I can see having the biggest benefit. While he's tough to beat offline, its nigh impossible online. Just because of the way his abnormally large hitboxes mesh with the lag well... From what I've experienced at least.
Characters tend to get annoying, but your overall performance gets affected by the way you handle the situation. If you are able to handle the lag timing perfectly fine, then you shouldn't have a problem. Some don't want to bother with it because then they have to get used to offline. That's just me, but I'm also someone that believes some characters are broken online.
Zelda.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
The largest problem I have with online, is buttonlag. As well as move cancellation lag (whatever the termonology is for that.)

I'd use a move it would never go through. Whether it's button lag or just not working is beyond me. It gimps me of my jump sometimes. Which as a Yoshi main, is my whole recovery.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I thought I saw something like this in the OTL? I'll check it out.

Edit: found it http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237350
That's how the characters are doing in online tournaments hosted here.
Falcon/Luigi is my work. :p

Ok, Im going to explain this in gross detail to help out:

I enter wi-fi
I put in friend code
I go to "Brawl with Friends" (where you can see all your friends who are brawling and join them if you want)
suddenly a window pops up on the screen "**** invites you to play with him" (or something like that)
i click ok, I brawl

how did he do this?
Hmmm. Pretty weird. Are you sure you didn't click on "Join Game?" or something that makes you try to join the game again and then it asked you if you wanted to join?

The largest problem I have with online, is buttonlag. As well as move cancellation lag (whatever the termonology is for that.)

I'd use a move it would never go through. Whether it's button lag or just not working is beyond me. It gimps me of my jump sometimes. Which as a Yoshi main, is my whole recovery.
Button Lag. Great evils of Wifi.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I recently purchased a wired adapter, how much better should I expect for wifi to be?
Better, but not lagless. It will most likely be a way better gaming experience than before, but sadly it is not perfect. Considering the other players connection will also make you lag to a certain degree. Its worth the buy though.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I believe it wasn't thought through much. Brawl has a decent-bad online, but its not the worst I've seen. I have spend 30 minutes of my life playing DBZ: BT3 online. Yes, it was one match.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
How come Nintendo didn't make WiFi better for this game? Out of curiosity. Other games online gameplay seems fine...
hmm Im not sure about that question, however I will add that Brawl was one of Nintendos first game to go online. Plus I dont think they have the capability to "improve" their wifi capabilities since its based more on your internet connection than "servers".

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo didn't make wifi better because they spent all their time with SSE and items, which are apparently much more important than anything else >_>

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hey guys, um, i'm not sure to post this in the Wario boards or here. This seems like teh best place though, i guess. sooooo...

Anyway, on Wifi brawls, whenever i do teams, i try to be Classic Wario but everytime i pick him and we get to the stage it makes me Biker Wario. Is there anyway to do teams online and be Classic Wario ?

Top Bottom