• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, um, i'm not sure to post this in the Wario boards or here. This seems like teh best place though, i guess. sooooo...

Anyway, on Wifi brawls, whenever i do teams, i try to be Classic Wario but everytime i pick him and we get to the stage it makes me Biker Wario. Is there anyway to do teams online and be Classic Wario ?
You have to be Biker Wario for teams because Classic Wario doesn't have team colors.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You have to be Biker Wario for teams because Classic Wario doesn't have team colors.
Quoted for truth.
And im pretty sure only the Blue coloration let you be classic wario, but i could be mistaken:ohwell:

Snowman9189

Smash Rookie
Killaloe, Ontario, Canada. It's near Ottawa.
Online Req.

Hi everyone. Im just wondering if someone who knows what their talking about could give me a little info.
I havent played Brawl online yet in the 2+ years I have owned it and Im wondering if someone could tell me the ideal internet speed/requirements to be using so as to experience no (or minimal) LAG while playing. I -could- play Online now if I wanted but the net cuts out sometimes. The highest it can go on average is around 3.5 MBps download, ping around 20-60. What do you think? Thoughts appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone.

I was just wondering what a few other people get when they run speedtest.net on their Wii. I have a 12 mbps connection with 4.5 mbps upload. On my laptop in the same room I get a ping between 40 and 60. However, when I try to test the speed from the Wii I can only get a little less than 3 mbps down and 0.3 mbps up, with a ping of 85. All my matches are pretty laggy.

So I was just wondering if anyone else showed large descrepencies between their Wii and other network devices. I haven't played wifi in quite a while, but none of my old matches were ever this laggy, and back then my connection was only half the speed it is now. The system is fairly close to the router and is properly configured. I might end up needing to buy the lan adaptor, but I'm dead broke so I want to make sure it's my only option first.

For some reason the Wii only shows one bar when connecting. My router is just in the next room over and even my DS can get a full signal from outside (with my router on the second floor on the other side of the house).

Isane

Smash Rookie
I can put a texture on a char w/o replacing a color? Like unlimited textures....?

Obs:. Im pretty sure that's impossible.

cubick

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to find other players on Basic Brawl. Is it because no one plays or something else is wrong?

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to find other players on Basic Brawl. Is it because no one plays or something else is wrong?
Sometimes it takes forever to find people, but people definitely play. But Basic Brawl really isn't worth the wait.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
You'll find people, but the closer the player also playing basic brawl, the closer you will get that roomed filled. If your area (and the people playing brawl) has a full rooms/no one available it'll try to find other players much from a much farther distance (That will make it take longer). However, other people in father locations are might have an easier time finding opponents in their area making you have an even harder time finding a group. Lol.

Also, time accounts for everything. Some periods of the day will have more people online and playing brawl than others. The best thing you could do is exchange friend codes with others making it much easier that way for yourself. There is a thread and fsmash.org that you can go to for that. It makes your life much easier and if you prefer going 1v1, this is what you want.

Thread (Posts like "Anyone up for some matches" will get you players):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10109324

Friend Finder Site:
http://fsmash.org/

Link provided assuming you are unaware of what they were.

Meccs

@Meccs_
So in the (however long Brawl has been out) years of me playing wifi... I've need encountered this...
I was playing regular with anyone, four human players. Towards the end of the match, the metaknight started spazzing out, and the white "disconnection" box popped up big sized, too). But there wasn't any message or error number or anything... Just a lone "?" in the center of the box... What is that? I've never seen it before.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
^There's a lot of random hacks that people do, and I'd suspect it had something to do with one. I don't think you could be for certain what exactly.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I recently changed my wireless router and now, I can't access Nintendo WFC. Sometimes, the Wii connects fine and Brawl won't, and sometimes the Wii won't connect at all (citing error code 50-something). I've messed around with channels and everything.

What do I do?

D

Deleted member

Does playing Brawl through the homebrew channel affect the lag in Wi-Fi? I only have some song hacks and textures on characters and stages. The last 5 matches I've played have been EXTREMELY laggy.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
So in the (however long Brawl has been out) years of me playing wifi... I've need encountered this...
I was playing regular with anyone, four human players. Towards the end of the match, the metaknight started spazzing out, and the white "disconnection" box popped up big sized, too). But there wasn't any message or error number or anything... Just a lone "?" in the center of the box... What is that? I've never seen it before.
If it wasn't a hack, it is most likely a desynch

A desynch, which happens more often in n64 online, is when your connection and the opponents connections freeze at the same time (What happens as you can see is the opponent doing random things and the opponent sees you doing random things as if you weren't playing each other.

For the other posts, hacks can only effect lag if they introduce extra objects that can cause extra lag (as in an overly complicated map which has wayyyyy too many pixels. Wifi-hacks do lag out more and music hacks tend to desynch more as well unless the hacker is hosting the game.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
We've killed 2 threads, got the Online Discussion raging with activity, and got mods to take back up this place.

What do we do now? o.o

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This may sound stupid LP..but make another one?
I don't make, i just sit back and wait.

You guys have fun, come up with sumfin. :V

You could say, Social Thread?

Aibou

Smash Master
There aren't many Zeldas that I've seen in Basic Brawl anyway...And most of them fight. I guess the ones he runs into are all taunt party people. Tis the luck of the draw mate.

But if he ran into my Zelda, he wouldn't have to worry about not fighting him (smirk)

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Why can't I post in the social? The text box isn't there any more????

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Why can't I post in the social? The text box isn't there any more????
B-2 has never experienced a Locked Thread before.

Someone get the Failtasitc Thread of Wut, stat.

Top Bottom