• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm making this thread in order to cut down on the threads that mostly consist of a simple question. It just results in everything looking messy and cluttered together. In order to keep this board productive and organized, this thread will be used for ANY of YOUR questions considering Brawl's Online play.

Ask away!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Previously asked Questions:

Q: Why isn't the Friend Finder working?

A: Unfortunately the Friend Finder has been down for quite some time now, and it most likely won't be restored for a long time. If it is ever running again you will all be updated, for now please feel free to use these great replacement finders:

The Faux Finder-
This works similar to the original Friend Finder and is HIGHLY recommended:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208726

The New New Member Fight Arena- This is a thread made right here on SWF is specifically for exchanging friend codes and challenging other people:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219442

Q: What does this Error Code mean?

A: If you are receiving any error code online and you don't know what it means the best thing you can do is visit the Nintendo website: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/index.jsp. First select your region. Then on the left bar where it says "Error Code Lookup" type in your error code. Select "Wii" for system and press "GO". You will then be given an explanation of why your error is occurring and the best solution to fixing it.

Q: Why is my game lagging?

A: Everyone lags while playing brawl online. The amount of lag depends on who you are playing with, when you are playing, where you are playing, and what type of connection you have. For information on how you can reduce lag please go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155378

Q: Where are my Wi-Fi options?

A: Sometimes random errors occur where one or few of your Wi-Fi selections aren’t available (Most commonly “Spectator Mode”). For information on how to fix this please go here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152047

Q: Why does it sometimes say "Unable to join game" after you already join someone's game?

A: If the person who’s game you joined has the status "Brawling(Waiting)" that means you they are currently in a match and have not yet accepted your request to join. Although the game directs you to the character selection it does not mean the player has yet accepted your request. Once they have finished their match they will receive the request for you to join the game. If they decline then you will be exited from the group and will receive a notice saying "unable to join game."

Q: During a match, why is the "No Contest" option sometimes not available when you press pause?

A: If there is a set timer for the match then the "No Contest" option will not appear on the pause menu.

Q: Can you spectate Friend Matches?

A: No

Q: What do the green, yellow and red circles next to your friends in your friend roster signify?

A: How well of a connection you have with the other player.

Blue-Best
Green
Yellow
Orange
Red-Worse

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I have a major problem.

Everytime I connect with someone, my Wii freezes. It doesn't matter if I host or if my friend hosts, I reach the Wifi room my screen says READY TO BRAWL, and then it just freezes. If it matters, I have Wii 3.3U and I have a crap ton of homebrew stuff on my Wii...is that the problem?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How long has this been occurring? Has it always done this or is it a problem you have been having only recently?And does this happen with everyone you try to play with or just one person?

Edit: Glad to have helped >.>

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyway to close P1/Host as a different port? I've joined a friend's game as P1 before. Unless every is P1 on their own Wii. I was wondering because I am always P1 when I play with anyone.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
You're always P1 on your own Wii.

Though, when it comes to port advantage in 1v1's I believe it comes down to whoever hosts is the REAL P1.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
It it possible to switch between Gamecube controller to Wiimote?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nope, I just tested and it's not possible. I'm just curious though, why would you want to? Or was there a situation where you had to?

Dinkmister

Smash Rookie
I've been playing brawl online a bit recently and have some questions...

1) When playing with Friends does the host player actually host the game...or does it randomly pick a player or does Nintendo host the games.

2) Is there any sort of host dis/advantage? My friend likes to john about him having host disadvantage every time he loses but I've heard other people state there is host advantage...Are either of these true?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Someone else could probably give you more precise details. *scrolls up*

"You're always P1 on your own Wii.
Though, when it comes to port advantage in 1v1's I believe it comes down to whoever hosts is the REAL P1."

There really are no disadvantages or advantages to hosting. There are many who could argue but In my opinion your friend is just Johning.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
In Wi-Fi friend matches, when someone wants to join a group consisting of more than 1 player, who receives the message of the person wanting to join in the group? Does it go to everyone in the group that was there to being with? What if one rejects and one accepts? What'll happen then?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It goes to every person in the group. As far as I know, if anyone rejects the person then they can't be let in. I could be wrong on that though.

edit: zen beat me to it

UncleSam

Smash Master
About wi-fi rules, It's wierd I host games with other people but occasionaly I get items on when playing them, even though I control the rules, and I have items off. Do all players have to have items off to play items off? Because it seems to favor the item players

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah everyones items have to be off, Otherwise it switches every match.

So if your playing with 3 others and 2 of them have items on then 50% of the time you will play with items.

Sinatra'

Smash Apprentice
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound!?!?!?!?!?

wiiman217

Smash Rookie
Thank You Jesus, Buddha, Allah, whatever... I found this thread!

I've been trying to find an answer to this question FOREVER! Anyway, what are the chances that a Manaphy will appear in Brawl? 'Cause I have the craziest news!! I need to know ASAP!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

wiiman217

Smash Rookie
Well, it refers to an occurrence in an online match.... seriously. But I didn't realize. sorry. Still, I Need to know the answer...

Chaco

Never Logs In
That isn't WiFi related, so take it to Brawl General Discussion if you. Don't make a new topic for it though, just search for existing threads of that nature using the search function. If that doesn't work, use a Q&A thread. (If Gen Brawl Disc. has one) If not, I'd just find a related topic and ask it there. Make sure though, your not off topic when asking it though. Make sure it is in fact relevant to the topic at hand.

wiiman217

Smash Rookie
It is tooo.... somewhat. Okay, I'll go. Well, just gonna say I heard Manaphy was the absolute rarest pokemon to encounter.... then I threw a pokeball, a Manaphy came out, and then 3 secs later, I threw another, and another Manaphy came out. I saved the replay and took pics. I just wanted to know the actual chances of that happening. Okay, bye-bye.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Here's a question:

What do the green, yellow and red circles next to your friends in your friend roster signify? Does it have something to do with your connection or...?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ah okay, thanks, that's what I thought they were. I've never seen a blue one, or a red one I think; I probably just thought the orange was red.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
If the blue connection is the best, is it just like normal smooth, game play offline where there is absolutely no lag? Or is there just a very slight lag on rare occasions?

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
I have a problem. When I've been on Wi-Fi there is no lag and the game is good but when I try to do a QD with Toon Link it won't work. I've mastered it and no matter how hard I try it ALWAYS fails on Wi-Fi. And when I'm playing there is literally no lag. Please help.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Top Bottom