• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It does that randomly, I'm not sure why. To fix it just log off of Wi-Fi and log back on. If that doesn't work try going to basic brawl and then recheck your roster.

brandon14

Smash Rookie
I've just started playing wifi and looking for friends but I can't use the friend finder what should I do

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I recently got HomeBrew and been using hacks on Wi-Fi (Basic Brawls lol) after a while I noticed I can't join them anymore. IT does say ''Regestering opponenents'' but I can wait for hours and nothing. I can use the spectating feature, although when it comes to anyone no luck. Anybody can clarify this that would help my issue. Doesn't bother me much... But I just think hacks slow the progress considerably. Either that, or some sort of 'banned' thing occurs when messing other people in basic with hacks and such. :p

Thanks in advance.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Uh, you may have gotten banned.

It's also not recommended to use homebrew online.

We don't really deal with hacks/homebrew stuff on this board though, if you have any further questinos you should take it to the smash workshop.

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I knew as much when I took my risks playing online with them on. Was worth it anyway, I'm allowed to play with registered friends if anything. Thanks for the reply Steel2nd.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Nintendo recently had started banning hackers from online when mainly using Basic brawl.
I think there was an error code you might get as well not sure.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
What's the ideal connection speed for Wi-Fi? Would 1.5Mbs be good enough or should I get a higher connection speed?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
1.5mbps is fine. What's more important is the upload speed, I think.

Nintendo recently had started banning hackers from online when mainly using Basic brawl.
I think there was an error code you might get as well not sure.
Yes. When they ban you off of WFC you can't even get to the menu. You get a strange long error, you can tell if you're banned or not.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Cool. I was getting DSL in a few weeks so I was just wondering.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I have a question... You know when the timer runs out during something like Basic Brawl.
Is getting 1v1/or Extra CPUs Random Luck or can you prevent getting CPUs?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I always figured it was random luck when there are 3 of you.

If it's only two of you I believe it will always be 1v1 though.

Not completely sure, it's something to look into.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
I always figured it was random luck when there are 3 of you.

If it's only two of you I believe it will always be 1v1 though.

Not completely sure, it's something to look into.
I've done both 1v1 and 1v1v1v1 (With Two Cpus) Before. I really want more 1v1 situations. xD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Why is it that sometimes in With Friends mode, it says you're unable to add someone to your friends list? Here was my scenario just now: I join my friend's room (room, game, brawl, whatever), and one of his friends who I haven't met also joins. Normally, you can add people to your roster on the set-up screen, but with this guy (and it's happened before too) I couldn't add him... we had some good brawls too >.<

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Why is it that sometimes in With Friends mode, it says you're unable to add someone to your friends list? Here was my scenario just now: I join my friend's room (room, game, brawl, whatever), and one of his friends who I haven't met also joins. Normally, you can add people to your roster on the set-up screen, but with this guy (and it's happened before too) I couldn't add him... we had some good brawls too >.<
Did the room creator leave? You can't add people you don't have if the guy that made the room (who has the other person on his list) leaves.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Did the room creator leave? You can't add people you don't have if the guy that made the room (who has the other person on his list) leaves.
That could have been it, the host did leave. My list isn't even half full yet, but I guess his could have been :ohwell:

Thanks guys.

hat!

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's been asked or not but, if you play some close to you, does that mean less lag?
Say you're in Cali and your opponent is in Cali you get less lag, or if your opponent is in Canada more lag?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The closer you are the better the connection. Usually there is less lag but distance isn't the only thing which effects the amount of lag. It also depends on the type router you have and the area you live in. Plus outside interfearances.

Aljay

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, does anyone here knows how i can save my matches that i play online. i know after u finish a match the "Z button" comes up saying save, but it doesn't do that all the time, and there are some matches that are really worth saving when i brawl online. so how can i save my matches? please reply or infact send me a private message, cuz it took me awhile to find this thread, lol.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
What does the code 86240 mean? Is my connection too slow? I have a wireless setup with an N range belkin router and my wii is about 15 feet away with no walls/furniture in the way. I can play without much lag but every once in awhile the message pops up and I get disconnected. This does happens more when I play brawl than when I play Mario Kart.

Question Answered.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
If you guys ever play some1 on wifi named big m and he decides to cp rainbow but you dont let him then dis is what will happen to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXnQVraYPqI
I don't quite understand the problem here, I watched the video but without names over thier heads I couldn't tell who was big m and wheather being him was good or bad. Also what is "cp rainbow" and what did you do to stop him from "cp rainbow"?

Likeness101

Smash Apprentice
Fredericton, New Brunswick &amp; Freeport, The Bah
I have a problem. I use the Wifi USB Connector in order to go on Wifi. In the past, I was able to enter matches now. However, now, whenever I try to enter a match, everything would work perfectly up until I reach the practice stage and then once my partner goes into the Brawling phase my wii freezes. I have homebrew installed and stuff. This has yet to happen to any other people that I know of. I think the version of Homebrew I have is old though, would that make a difference?

Top Bottom