• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Nice post about the Quickdraw, Kirk.
Great posts, as always. :D

I knew most of that stuff, except when your opponent misses a tech. I never really thought about that before... And as I'm writing this post, I LITERALLY just thought of this... What if the opponent is on the edge? If you're far enough away and start charging it, their options are severely limited... Either they: drop down and then regrab the ledge, do a ledge attack, ledgehop a move, roll up from the ledge, stand up from the ledge, or jump from the ledge.

If they drop down and regrab the ledge, that'll just... Do nothing, basically... xD You can charge Quickdraw forever.

If they do a ledge attack... They get a charged quickdraw to the face. :D

If they ledge hop an aerial, most of the time they'll get hit by quickdraw... However, some characters have projectiles they might be able to stop you with... Even then, sometimes you can reach them (depending on the character/projectile) before their projectile comes out... xD

If they roll up from the ledge, and you're far enough away, I believe it's possible to hit them with the quickdraw once it's finished... I could be wrong though, I haven't been playing Brawl very often lately...

If they stand up from the ledge... You might be able to quickdraw them, but I'm not sure if you can reach them before they can react (someone else will have to answer this one)... But even if you can't reach them in time, if they decide stand up from the ledge, and you're charging a quickdraw, they'll usually shield immediately. This is where Kirk's "Charge it for no reason..." idea also will come into play... xD

Now this is the one I'm most uncertain about... If they decide to jump, I'm not entirely sure what you can do... You MIGHT be able to counter react in some way, but I'm not really sure... Perhaps you can jump after them and reach with a fair... Maybe you can Qucikdraw in the opposite direction, and make them use their second jump, or punish their landing lag or something... I dunno. Someone else will have to explain this one too...

So yeah, just so you all know, like I said before, I haven't been playing Brawl a lot lately, so I'm not 100% SURE everything I've said above is entirely correct... ^_^;; Also, feel free to go into further detail or correct me on anything I've said in this post... =P

Also, on a side note:

I am taking a break just like RoK did. I think I will become a better player that what I already am. I will come back with a vengance. U just wait and see. I will also stop spamming. Peace out sincerly, CK:chuckle:
Doubt it. :chuckle:

EDIT: Added colors to my post, cuz I'm bored. xD

•Col•

Smash Champion
ew, colors...

So what's up with the sudden explosion of new threads lately?
HEY, DON'T BASH MY COLORS. D:

I was bored... ;_;

Also, I think that was one of my longest and most productive posts here on Smashboards... xD Gawd, I should try to contribute more.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Oh, NOW you guys start liking Quick Draw. :laugh:

From my experience, confronting them on the ledge with it can work, but do realize that the penalty for just going straight ahead and not hitting anything is the ******** swing animation. What I prefer is impotent Quick Draw to Dtilt. Very fancy kill.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I completely attribute these new noob threads to that sticky.

edit: I don't think many people here know how to use QD as a recovery anyways. Its needed like that one post about aether that has vanished now. Aether is gimpable and QD is better against certain characters in certain styles of edge gaurding.

I will still continue to bash it because Ike's can go from bad to decent by just dropping QD from there entire game. Which is a lot of people in here.

And kirk learn to back air when you get launched. XD

Kirk

Smash Champion
What I prefer is impotent Quick Draw to Dtilt. Very fancy kill.
Fancy, but not reliable. :/

As for QD while your opponent is on the ledge, you're covering every option ACCEPT when they ledgejump. They can jump up, then use their second ump to get over you. In this case, just QD underneath. You just missed an opportunity for an edgeguard basically. More than likely, your opponents will jump, as it is the smartest thing to do.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I might have to start mixing in QD to my game it is a very easy way to punish laggy moves or things that charge and missed techs which I always do with dash attacks.

That charging it for no reason I've done it before and I just get shot in the face 0.0 won't be counting on that for to long but it could be a triumph card at high percents which is when people really panic.

Colya your think doesn't work on a lot of people because they can ledge hop and shoot a projectile.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
To be honest I started using QD more because of my fights with Light... XD

But no, I still don't use it for recovery unless they're trying to edgeguard and I happen to be over them.

...I love spiking silly people as an anti-edgeguard technique... so satisfying.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ouch. Shot down in my prime. D:

Anyway yeah, I wasn't sure if you could still somehow still attack the opponent if they jump up from the ledge... But I guess not...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm happy I'm using QD less. Using QD towards an opponent means you're 90% just going to try to attack in some form or another, so I probably hardly use it even once a match in that situation.

Kirk

Smash Champion
That charging it for no reason I've done it before and I just get shot in the face 0.0 won't be counting on that for to long but it could be a triumph card at high percents which is when people really panic.

Colya your think doesn't work on a lot of people because they can ledge hop and shoot a projectile.
That's what I forgot to mention in my post. Thanks for pointing that out. If your opponent has a projectile, then just charging it won't do you much good. Though the other situations would still work fine.

Ouch. Shot down in my prime. D:

Anyway yeah, I wasn't sure if you could still somehow still attack the opponent if they jump up from the ledge... But I guess not...
Technically you could still punish someone if they ledgejump. You just have to predict it, since the animation is very fast. They lose their invincibility as soon as they get off the ledge, so technically QD can still hit them. You just have to be very precise in your timing.

I'm happy I'm using QD less. Using QD towards an opponent means you're 90% just going to try to attack in some form or another, so I probably hardly use it even once a match in that situation.
The main point of my post was ways to use QD as a means of punishing, not as a means for an approach or an attack. It should still be used sparingly, for sure, but it is an option you have and it is surprisingly easy to use if you know what you're doing. But yeah, don't use QD to just attack...that's just silly. :p

•Col•

Smash Champion
That's what I forgot to mention in my post. Thanks for pointing that out. If your opponent has a projectile, then just charging it won't do you much good. Though the other situations would still work fine.

I realize that. That's why I said in my previous post...

If they ledge hop an aerial, most of the time they'll get hit by quickdraw... However, some characters have projectiles they might be able to stop you with... Even then, sometimes you can reach them (depending on the character/projectile) before their projectile comes out...
xP

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Thank you.

AND thank you. :D

Speaking of videos, I've been uploading 1-2 each day since last week.

ALSO, if all goes well, my next compilation shall be released by next Saturday. *Hopes for the best*
NO WE should brawl soon. I live near you. SO yea. And can't wait for the next compilation. BTW, do you main any other chars.??

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The only 3 reasons I tend to use quick draw are a missed tech, no reason at all to get people out of my **** face, and to get away from people here and there. Recently I've been using it more but you'll rarely if ever see me use it to recover, which is why when I'm put in a position where I have to use it I tend to hear an audible comment >_>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I use QD to move around the stage trip free. Nothing like running towards the ledge to intercept a guy and then tripping as he lands safely and beats the crap out of you. >_< If I have enough space to do so safely, I will QD to move. It's faster as well, which is a plus.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I use QD to move around the stage trip free. Nothing like running towards the ledge to intercept a guy and then tripping as he lands safely and beats the crap out of you. >_< If I have enough space to do so safely, I will QD to move. It's faster as well, which is a plus.
Homebrew and (previously) a habit of short hopping everywhere has gotten that out of me.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Because I'm sure you'd be able to load up homebrew in a tourney to piss people off because everyone loves tripping.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
<____<

I am taking a break just like RoK did. I think I will become a better player that what I already am. I will come back with a vengance. U just wait and see. I will also stop spamming. Peace out sincerly, CK:chuckle:
What happened to this?

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy, hes just saying what he thinks not to be like that. It doesnt mean that im on your side CK(nothing personally) but let him talk without saying his the dumbest person in the world.

PD: sports-brawl?. There surely will be a response with an argument to this post so bring it on!!!

Oh and another thing CK. Do what you think you want to do, dont follow someone else decision like rock the reaper did. Just do the things you need or want to do not someone else's. Besides i dont get the pint of saying im taking some rest with ike, it just doesnt make sense to me.

And depends on which x-men XD

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
No, I stand by my previous statement, and I defy you to prove that he isn't actually the world's dumbest functioning non-******** human being.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
I actually dont know him so i cant assure you anything but i can tell you everyone has different opinions. He may not be the smartest one or the clever one but still he can express himself without the need of being insulted. i can proove you that by telling you he knows what hes doing and the people who make a big deal of it and keeps saying the same thing over and over are actually the ones that actually dont think too much.

Im not refering to someone especifically maybe i sometimes do that but i can assure you if you give him an opportunity youd see hes not that dumb althought he does need to say more intelligent words to put it like that. Well thats as far as i go with this.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
There's a difference between exhibiting one's mental prowess and exhibiting the basic ability to not be a mouth breather. Trust me, this is all very contextual.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Wow.... So I come to this thread, only to find two pages of CK being stupider than ever....

Yeah... I'll be back later after this has passed... D:

comboking

Smash Master
fine let's find some thing to discuss. Please don't ignore me and please remove me from your Ignore lists.

EDIT: what I posted was stupid I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom