• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
fyi midwest isnt very important as far as reigons go LOL

try for socal/norcal/NJ/florida/mi/tx they have much much bigger *****

theeboredone

Smash Legend
just bored
Wasn't mad. Just enjoy using sarcasm to the max.

Cheese took my post...dammit. Now I can't contribute. Guy comes in after years and steals a post. Thanks for the wishes on LT dubz though.

I feel like playing wifi before I go back to college. Someone shoot me a message on AIM or respond here.

Edit: Brims IM'ed me last night around 3 am telling me to join some group on AiB called Ike Masters. He told me San joined it so I checked it out...yea, I don't think San has done anything in that group for ages lmao.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
The first Ike Masters group Brims made went to crap because he never kept up with it. If this is a new one he's acknowledging you about then... idk lol. He'll still probably be 'too busy' to bother with that one either.

Also I hate the game corner in Goldenrod. Just one game and its hard. I haven't got passed level 1 and it's stupid that you find ONE Voltorb and it's game over. Really? The plus side is you don't have to pay coins everytime to play it... they should still have slots there ****it all. I really want a Dratini(2,100 coins) <_<

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Do you guys ever have to look back on a day and find that the only bright side is that you got some life experience?

Yeh.
408 bucks. I was the last one that saw them.

I'm calling Cutco. Temporarly going back. I'm going to make a BIG *** sale and get more than 400 in commission. That's bottom line.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Do you guys ever have to look back on a day and find that the only bright side is that you got some life experience?

Yeh.
408 bucks. I was the last one that saw them.

I'm calling Cutco. Temporarly going back. I'm going to make a BIG *** sale and get more than 400 in commission. That's bottom line.
The name Cutco sounds pretty familiar. Would they by any chance be involved with Vector marketing, perhaps?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yep. They train you to become salesmen by going to people you know and selling high quality knives. **** cuts pennies in half for breakfast.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yep. They train you to become salesmen by going to people you know and selling high quality knives. **** cuts pennies in half for breakfast.
Yeah, I got a letter from Vector and Cutco. It looked pretty shady upon some extensive research so I declined their interview. Awfully shady.

It's funny to say this but I think I missed WiFi. I went on AiB and played two sets on the ladder and had a lot of fun. Opponents were good, as expected, but my Ike is a WiFi God, the feeling that you're going to lose and then stepping it up to win is on my top ten list of emotions. Anyway I know it's WiFi and stuff but I think I might record the select matches (namely the ones where I lose, nobody wants to see victory matches) and post them in the video critique thread. I realized a while ago that I have like no videos up so for all you guys know I am extreme trash.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
If Ike is close enough the jab still hits Snake...
Grab still works...

Also, out of curiosity, what can Snake do if he's facing away from Ike and crouching?
Name any action you cant do out of a crouch on snake. The answer is down smash, everything else is doable with little to no effort on the snake's part.

Nade is frame 1 and starts behind snake, you can still ftilt the other way, you can still grab the other way, you can still jump, and lastly snake can move while in the crouching position so the idea of properly spacing a jab on snake's *** while he's capable of moving away means...

neg sir.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Meh these type of theories are awkward to work with(and I already gave my opinion the other day to shippofoxfire), so I don't really care either way. I always thought snake crouching against us was really old.

I played some snakes who tried that weird crouching crap and it didn't really work for them past the first 30 or so seconds of the game.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ladder me Yagami and see if I can beat you/you can beat me. ;D I could use Lucario or Samus if you want me to so it's not a ditto. :I
Go ahead and use whoever you want, haha.

I'll probably be online on AiB in an hour or two. My username on there is strikingly similar to this one. It's rather amusing because I never actually saw myself using this site and AiB much at all so I just registered the first thing that I thought of.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
cant nair still hit him in the crouch?
Dair nair and fair can all hit him, they all require more than 13 frames to connect though.

Note that I stated that this is an on-paper tactic as it would require severe dedication to practice and good reaction time to make work properly. The most practical use of this is for the free famash if someone uses quick draw to get you out of their face but that's not a common practice by most ikes anyway. Trust me when I say that I covered any of the naysaying when I originally stated everything in the first place. But if put to practical and consistent use this ups snake's leeway in the matchup pretty significantly as it takes jab 1 out of the equation aside from after nair.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Go ahead and use whoever you want, haha.

I'll probably be online on AiB in an hour or two. My username on there is strikingly similar to this one. It's rather amusing because I never actually saw myself using this site and AiB much at all so I just registered the first thing that I thought of.
Sorry I didn't come on then. I'll try and let you know when I'm able to ladder during this week, probably tomorrow.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
I am having huge matchup problems with DDD. One poorly spaced fair or nair results in a chaingrab by DDD. His bair is too good and I get gimped quite easily. I don't know wut to do against him

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Sorry I didn't come on then. I'll try and let you know when I'm able to ladder during this week, probably tomorrow.
It's fine, I wasn't on for TOO long, anyway. I got to a 6 win streak and then just quit when I lost. I have nothing recorded because I am playing rather poorly, though. Some nice reads and everything but nothing special.

I am having huge matchup problems with DDD. One poorly spaced fair or nair results in a chaingrab by DDD. His bair is too good and I get gimped quite easily. I don't know wut to do against him
Hang around near the edges and always space your Fair properly. Avoid using Nair from the front, he can shieldgrab you. As for the Bair, automatically DI upwards, it'll help a ton. Try to position yourself to use a precise reverse Aether when he CGs you off the ledge, really. Your goal is to rack up a ton of damage via jabs and get him off stage where you try to go for the early kill. It's your best bet.

Post videos in the video critique thread and we'll help you more.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Use jab on DDD. Just dont do the 3rd jab if its already shielded, you'll get grabbed. jab cancel to lower his shield and poke him out. If he spot dodges the first jab, keep jab 1 out then either jab cancel him, or do all 3 jabs, all 3 jabs should connect if you catch him spot dodging. And basically what light said. The MU is really mostly about ike having tight spacing. Although...getting back to the platform on Ike..save your second jump when you DI out of being launched. He might try to bait an air dodge with dees/doos. You'l have to mix up your recovery options for DDD...but always save your second jump till you absolutely need to use it. Now if your recovering low on ike...depending on where your opponent is you can try second jump, uair or fair then aether. What you dont want is to get bair'ed footstooled by DDD. Even if you do, second jump and aether him so you can try to kill him with aethers spike.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Even if you jab cancel there's still the chance you'd get grabbed. The best option is to space with Fair and wait for an opening to do jab cancelling for racking up on damage. That and grab first.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Even if you jab cancel there's still the chance you'd get grabbed. The best option is to space with Fair and wait for an opening to do jab cancelling for racking up on damage. That and grab first.
If you jab cancel correctly, you won't be grabbed. You just have to not due something stupid with your canceling.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
For the record, Ike's grab is like vastly inferior to King Dedede's in like every way possible so I would personally not try to match grabs with him. Your jab beats all of his offensive options anyway, you just need to keep jabbing if you get spotdodged. Don't pull anything fancy on D3 besides Jab->Jab, you can't risk him escaping. You need that damage.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
^^^ arent most of ikes MUs just that?

lol if ike jabs correctly ddd wont be getting any grabs while hes doing it
i wouldnt recommend challenging DDDs grab. If your gonna attempt to grab DDD, do it out of a jab canceling or jab>grab him if hes off the platform. I personally think Ike is better of just jab canceling so he can rack alot of damage.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Can't DDD grab after Ike's first jab if DDD shields? Should make the match up that much easier. But yea, if we connect, it would take some good SDI or messing up on our end for you to grab us.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I was about to reiterate my last opinion, now that i recall DDD is just too dangerous to get close to PERIOD. I'm sure his grab range is good enough to get through the jabs and such. Spacing Fair seems like the only logical solution to Ike's ground game against DDD... unless you land the jabs and they not get shielded...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think falco's way easier than DDD lol. Can space falco easier, kill falco easier, and it's harder to get killed.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Can't DDD grab after Ike's first jab if DDD shields? Should make the match up that much easier. But yea, if we connect, it would take some good SDI or messing up on our end for you to grab us.
it depends on how fast DDD can drop the shield and get the grab frame out BEFORE ikes jab connects-- dont forget DDD has a really big sprite and you guys got a long sword. So if your not getting your hits in theres something wrong with your spacing. Thats pretty much it in a nutshell.
Falco is notably easier than ddd wut.
Ike has better range lol i wouldnt be surprised if the MU was similar in mechanics to Pikachu vs Ike MU. They both get killed/out ranged by ike very easily. Although Falco does have a good jab...so whose jab is better? =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom