• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I dunno, it doesn't sound like a terrible idea. Just needs to be tried out a little more IMO.

In other news, I wish it were possible to save videos in training mode. I just re-grabbed Wario 13 times in a row before I messed up. And yes, I had someone there trying to get out-- it wasn't a CPU.

Albert.

Smash Master
Watching these Mr. Doom videos...

I f***ing love how all Ike really needs is Jab, Fair, and Bair (for kills)

That's like the entire ike metagame LOL, as far as I can tell. THATS ALL YOU NEEEED :)

I'm so late lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Since we're having non-mains give descriptions of Ike's metagame, I'm gonna do the same for other characters.

Snake: F-tilt, Up-tilt, Nades.
DDD: CG, Up-tilt, and b-air
DK: B-air, helicopter, and smash
Pit: Spam arrows
Ganon: Ganondorf Punch
MK: Tornado. D-smash, Shuttle Loop
Falco: Lazerz, CG, Illusion
Fox: D-air, Uptilt, Upsmash

Are we done?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Olimar: Neutral B, Side B, L/R+A, Cstick.
Wolf: B, Cstick, Bair

On a more serious note, I've found that I've been using Bair to approach a lot more recently as opposed to Nair / Fair. Nair is still a solid option but Fair has, for me, been used less and less (to approach). Which leads me to the point that Ike's bair is actually a pretty solid option for approaches considering you get a lot of versatility if you fullhop it. As you (should) know, you can jump after fullhopping Bair which lets you perform your aerial of choice afterwards (you're still facing backwards, though). You can actually do Bair-> Airdodge -> Bair with a fullhop + DJ. So what do you guys like to use to approach?

On a side note, does having counter activate but not hit tornado activate the Stun Jacket AT? I seem to recall it doing so.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Since we're having non-mains give descriptions of Ike's metagame, I'm gonna do the same for other characters.

Are we done?
to good bored to.

You should write a guide

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys

Are we done?
lmao, yes we are :chuckle:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Olimar: Neutral B, Side B, L/R+A, Cstick.
Wolf: B, Cstick, Bair

On a more serious note, I've found that I've been using Bair to approach a lot more recently as opposed to Nair / Fair. Nair is still a solid option but Fair has, for me, been used less and less (to approach). Which leads me to the point that Ike's bair is actually a pretty solid option for approaches considering you get a lot of versatility if you fullhop it. As you (should) know, you can jump after fullhopping Bair which lets you perform your aerial of choice afterwards (you're still facing backwards, though). You can actually do Bair-> Airdodge -> Bair with a fullhop + DJ. So what do you guys like to use to approach?
When I'm diagonally above someone, I still love to do retreating reverse nair. I usually just mix up nair (short range) or nair+fair (long range opponent), and space jabs on the ground.

I think bair is good as long as you almost always retreat it. If you mess up by not moving away after a bair, it could be easily punished if missed or powershielded. It is really hard to retreat a double jump bair with X or Y, so I use L for retreating double jumps.

You can either double jump and bair twice, or jump+bair, Doublejump+bair. I swear I was able to double jump bair and ISJR for another bair once before, too, or maybe my memory's fuzzy.

You can only follow up after bair with a few things with a little bit of luck.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
depends on opponent/character being fought-- in most situations yes they're great tools. But for some situations it'd be better to use something else

About Dair you wont see me spamming it as much as ddds dair has to be properly spaced to avoid punishment, like full hopped or done around the ledge. There are times when you can whiff it in a ff and it'll pop your opponent up, but thats kinda risky. This is if the opponent is under you, its tricky to space esp if they're a roll dodging freak. However if your using it to approach in the air while your opponent is air borne it could work theres also this momentum/jump trick

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214984

it still requires you to be di'ing in some direction & proper spacing, but its something nevertheless. Speaking of Fair idk why people dont talk about it much, you can do cool things with it like jump back words and fair infront of you while your opponent is recovering above you. It'll either kill them off the top depending on where you are or in most cases send them off stage again in a similar launch fashion that bair does

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So in other news, my Dazzle is acting kinda weird so I can't upload videos of Soren until next week. Does anyone have a Dazzle and can they tell me their video settings?

Capture Source
Video = Dazzle DVC100; TV Standard = NTSC; Aspect Ratio = 4:3
Audio = Dazzle DVC100; Capture Preview is checked

Scene Detection During Video Capture
Create new scene every 10 seconds

Capture Format
Presets = MPEG-1/2 on High Quality (DVD)

I didn't mess with anything after that. Also, you should check the properties of your computer to see if they meet the recommendations of Pinnacle Studio 12. Also, if you're running a 64-bit system, you need to find on the internets a patch for your Dazzle DVC100.

I don't think this'll help much...

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Mr. Doom said:
Capture Source
Video = Dazzle DVC100; TV Standard = NTSC; Aspect Ratio = 4:3
Audio = Dazzle DVC100; Capture Preview is checked

Scene Detection During Video Capture
Create new scene every 10 seconds

Capture Format
Presets = MPEG-1/2 on High Quality (DVD)

I didn't mess with anything after that. Also, you should check the properties of your computer to see if they meet the recommendations of Pinnacle Studio 12. Also, if you're running a 64-bit system, you need to find on the internets a patch for your Dazzle DVC100.
No this helps a lot. Thanks a lot. I use the same Dazzle as you. Do you use Pinnacle Studio 12 for recording? I'm just having audio desync problems.

And that would be?
Rykoshet (PM 11:15:21): so
Rykoshet (PM 11:15:26): snake vs ike is 100-0 snake
Rykoshet (PM 11:15:30): on paper
ilovekimchixD (PM 11:16:40): apparently.
Rykoshet (PM 11:16:47): We just figured it out
Rykoshet (PM 11:16:52): if snake is crouching away from ike
Rykoshet (PM 11:16:55): jab wont hit snake
Rykoshet (PM 11:16:59): and grab wont hit snake
Rykoshet (PM 11:17:08): so now he cant use any ground option before frame 13
Rykoshet (PM 11:17:14): effectively turning him into ganon
Rykoshet (PM 11:17:17): quick draw misses too

Like anything on paper though, I won't buy it until it happens to me in a real game.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so who was that fab gold ike in basic practicing that quick draw to counter AT :smug

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Rykoshet (PM 11:15:21): so
Rykoshet (PM 11:15:26): snake vs ike is 100-0 snake
Rykoshet (PM 11:15:30): on paper
ilovekimchixD (PM 11:16:40): apparently.
Rykoshet (PM 11:16:55): jab wont hit snake
Rykoshet (PM 11:16:59): and grab wont hit snake
Rykoshet (PM 11:17:08): so now he cant use any ground option before frame 13
Rykoshet (PM 11:17:14): effectively turning him into ganon
Rykoshet (PM 11:17:17): quick draw misses too

lol

Fair should still be able to hit him though, and if he's crouching, he's not tossing nades or doing anything threatening. So really, if he does this at the start of a match, Ike jumps onto a platform and it's basically a stalemate. Snake can't use anything but Dtilt without standing up first, Ike is very unlikely to hit Snake until he stands up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
niddo. thats kinda dumb. that like saying ike cant hit you if youre behind him when turnaround jab only adds one frame to his normal jab speed.

going from crouching to standing only takes one frame, im pretty sure with good timing, somebody could duck under jab and than stand and f tilt/jab you before jab 2 comes out.

also, can snake duck under jab2 too?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*stands on BF's highest platform*

He can stand up all he wants: it ain't going to help him hit me with Utilt. >_> <_< And if it's SV: just jump over him every time the platform floats over him. lol /random

Anyhow: how can you have good timing against a frame 3 move? >_> You're gambling. That isn't going to happen. And how does Snake know that Ike isn't just going to keep using Jab 1, and end up standing up to eat a fist to the face?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
If you're looping jab1, yes.
And I think jab1 might clash with Snake's Dtilt.
Jab2 will hit Snake but that's like on frame 13(jab1->jab2) I think.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well if a snake is going to duck your attack an than counter attack, hes not going to do it with down tilt, they would duck and dodge your attack and than stand up and use whatever is the best option.

like in melee shiek and puff could duck under tons of attacks, puff would duck into rest and shiek would duck into grab.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
No this helps a lot. Thanks a lot. I use the same Dazzle as you. Do you use Pinnacle Studio 12 for recording? I'm just having audio desync problems.
Yes, I use PS 12. I've been having that problem as well when I ran it on my laptop. The only way I kept the thing from dropping frames was to use the program immediately after boot-up, when my laptop was off for a while. That's just me. (I've been known not to get it right when it comes to answering questions)

Since I recently bought a refurbished desktop, I haven't been having any problems probably because of the computer's properties: 6GB Memory (RAM), Pentium Dual-Core Processor @ 2.60 GHz, and over 300GB of free space.

I think I will stop posting for a little while so that I can relish the fact that I acquired 666 posts. Anyone want to try out my modded doom levels? Just send me a PM. Here's one of the levels on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOyp1gjNP70

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
can G&W do that too then?
probably not xD

that'd be awesome tho:D lulz

@doom
was it just me or did i hear falcos death cry in that vid...lmao
double edit:
oh didn't read the modded part V_V
triple edit
MR DOOM

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Tried the crouch thingy with Snake, doesn't work.
Ike still can jab Snake's head if he's at a right position(not too close) and Ike is still able to grab Snake.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Phew, I'm back home. Hate train rides. If anyone wants to play some WiFi, let me know.

Anyway, the Snake thing doesn't work. Jab 1's mid and long range hitboxes hit Snake as does grab's short range hitbox. Jab 2 always hits.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
Well, apologies for me randomly disappearing. Seems like I've missed a lot. Not gonna bother reading everything to catch up, but I guess the two important things going on right now is the hype between Xyro and San, and this Snake discussion.

I've never seen Xyro play, so I can't really comment on his Samus let alone the match up. However, I'm confident San can pull it out. If I'm not mistaken, Bored and San are also teaming for LT doubles right? Good luck to the both of you.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Also:

You can either double jump and bair twice, or jump+bair, Doublejump+bair. I swear I was able to double jump bair and ISJR for another bair once before, too, or maybe my memory's fuzzy.
Tested it out. Yeah, you can technically do three Bairs in the air with SJR.

Nifty.

numba1cheese

Smash Cadet
I enjoy using Full Jump + B-air as more of a decoy move. Enemies think I'm open, because I am completely exposed after the move. It's good to follow up with another jump + n-air and go to jabs. To be more precise, I do a full hop b-air and continue going towards the opponent, do my second jump and go over my opponent while doing a retreating f-air or direct n-air, now being behind my opponent.

Get it?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Tried the crouch thingy with Snake, doesn't work.
Ike still can jab Snake's head if he's at a right position(not too close) and Ike is still able to grab Snake.

Meaning his head is not involved. I know if snake is facing ike with the crouch the **** hits.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

Meaning his head is not involved. I know if snake is facing ike with the crouch the **** hits.
If Ike is close enough the jab still hits Snake...
Grab still works...

Also, out of curiosity, what can Snake do if he's facing away from Ike and crouching?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Oh....well, wouldn't Snake be in a bad postition if Ike's behind him?
I still would like to see it applied in actual matches. Something keeps telling me that it's something I shouldn't worry about.

EDIT: Rofl at Javix, if you look at all his posts, he's posting in all character boards, "I'm the best *insert character of board* in the Midwest."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom