• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Does most of players have a clan in USA ? In Europe most of players have a clan because it's difficult to meet each other because there are not many tourneys like in USA
Clans are not very popular offline. Online, they are more likely because it's a way to unite several players together for not only gaming purposes, but social. Other games also have clans as well, ranging from Halo to Tekken.

Offline, there is something called "crews". It's basically a group of people representing something, generally a city. So when the crew travels to a out of city tournament, they can pit their crew against the other city's crew. Crew battles are rarely done for any kind of money, just bragging rights.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
The video was... bad. Very bad, imo.
I hate the effects on the vid. And there are too much bad effects in this video..

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm a few days late due to being out of town but Happy Holidays Ike boards.

My PS3 says hi.

XquiZiTX8X

Smash Cadet
Does most of players have a clan in USA ? In Europe most of players have a clan because it's difficult to meet each other because there are not many tourneys like in USA
Online clan, yeah, a lot of people are in one, kind of like a hangout, and rarely ever "war". It's funny when they take wifi seriously though :chuckle: Oh yeah, most of them also make up their score in favor of them, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGioxcCDUQ0

Apparently, San joined this clan lol. He's in this video.
That's LDC, I only know them by their use of very bad html coding and unreadable fonts. I think they only got popular because Holynightmare was one of their first members lol, and everyone else hopped on the bandwagon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's LDC, I only know them by their use of very bad html coding and unreadable fonts. I think they only got popular because Holynightmare was one of their first members lol, and everyone else hopped on the bandwagon.
Yea, I know who they are. They wanted me to join so they would become more popular. Back in my online days, I was hip and awesome. Now I'm hip and awesome offline, which is 10x better.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I don't know what kinda games you're into, but it seems like you enjoy FPS games. Games in general I recommend you AT LEAST rent are...

Uncharted 1 and 2: Both games are good, and 2 is simply mind blowing with its graphics and gameplay. Story is pretty neat as well. It's a platformer/action game.

MGS4: If you have played the other MGS, might as well finish the series. I'm sure this game ain't 60 bucks anymore. That or rent it.

Fighting Game: SF4 or Blazblue. Tekken is too complicated as a fighter and the additional modes suck. Blazblue and SF4 seemed to be the most balance. I own SF4.

Batman: Arkham Asylum: If you are a fan of Batman, buy it, rent it, whatever. Best superhero video game ever made. It rocks.

Games to look out for: If you don't feel like spending money on any of those games, wait for FF13 or God of War 3.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head.

Games that I own: MGS4, SF4, and Madden 2010.
I was thinking about getting Uncharted 2 for sure. I've played the first one and was amazed.

MGS4 was also one of my many thoughts. Seems like an awesome game and my friend really enjoyed it. He showed me some stuff like Octocamo. So cool.

I want both! D: I agree that Tekken is real complicated, but it's fun imo... SF4 seems like it shouldn't be so much. It's just another SF game. :p Blazblue I've never played so yea... gonna play that soon.

Yea I watched my friend play all of Batman: AA and it was sooooooo cool. :D

Can't wait to play FF13 or GoW3

Do you not like FPS or what? Just curious.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's not that I don't like em...I enjoy playing fps with some of my friends. However, I am not gonna waste many hours going online, improving myself, and all that stuff. I get bored of FPS games pretty fast. Not gonna waste a bunch of money on it.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
It's not that I don't like em...I enjoy playing fps with some of my friends. However, I am not gonna waste many hours going online, improving myself, and all that stuff. I get bored of FPS games pretty fast. Not gonna waste a bunch of money on it.
This pretty much sums up how I feel about them too. I'll play the odd FPS every so often, but I wouldn't spend money on any.

FFXIII is gonna be a beast. People complaining about the linear nature really isn't a bother as I loved FFX and that was pretty much a straight line.

MGS4 never really appealed to me after the first Act. The pace was too slow for my liking. Its a good game, just not my kind of game.

BlazBlue is my favourite game and SF4 is always fun with friends. Tekken is also good.

Rachet and Clank is also very fun. It may not last as long as an FF but its still a fun game nonetheless. Rent it at least.

InFamous is a great game as well.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So I've been playing around in frame by frame mode and have remarkably little results to show for it. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that Bthrow to Aether is a true combo on slopes, haha. Although if I can stop sucking (not likely) I'll try to figure out exactly when during a run you can turn around so that I can see if Bthrow to Dash Turnaround Bair is a combo or not.

Also as soon as FFXIII comes out I am getting a PS3. No questions asked.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Have any of you guys played/plays any of the Fire Emblem games? >.>
I'm mostly into those tactical/strategy RPG types of games since I like thinking a lot -.-

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I have played a couple of the Fire Emblem series. I tend to gripe to other smashers in my community about Ike being totally nerfed in brawl. I could proceed to list everything they toned down, but I don't feel like doing it now. One thing I found interesting was Ike looked like he was on steroids on the game Radiant Dawn. Well, he and Boyd.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ike is a ****ing one-man army in his first game, yet in Radiant Dawn, as you said, he looks like he's on steroids but got his most of his stats growth nerfed ;[

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Hack your wii and download some ISO's... Or waste your money for a game what you can download... your choice yes/no? lmao..
Radiant Dawn is better than Path of Radiance imo. so yea.. play radiant dawn.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Yes, Radiant Dawn is much better because the game has a pretty good storyline and the game mechanics are pretty good, the only thing I don't like about the newer Fire Emblems is the attack animations, the GBA ones had the best animations =/

As soon as I get some DVD discs, I'm gonna start pirating Wii games, **** the law.
Most people who pirate don't get caught anyway. :chuckle:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yes, Radiant Dawn is much better because the game has a pretty good storyline and the game mechanics are pretty good, the only thing I don't like about the newer Fire Emblems is the attack animations, the GBA ones had the best animations =/

As soon as I get some DVD discs, I'm gonna start pirating Wii games, **** the law.
I'm reporting this to the FBI.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Soren, Mia and Nephenee were my godliest of characters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgRLbGpgV9s
(not my footage but gives the general jist)

I enjoyed parts of Radiant Dawn, just that I hated the chapters with the Dawn Brigade. I'm sorry some of the units really irritated me, but I had loads of fun abusing the Black Knight
aka Zelgius

Ike in PoR could have dominated the endgame trial maps on his own. His luck made it so he can pratically evade anything, defense made attacks that connected inflect 0 damage. And aether restored any lost HP due to boulders and ranged magic users.

In RD, Ike took a bit too much steroids. I hate how in my second playthrough I had to restart the chapter because Ike had to be lucky enough to score a critical on the Black Knight and I really wanted that WishBlade:(

I'm also looking forward to FF versus XIII. I spent the day watching trailers and such and for the first time in what seemed like forever I felt excited about a game (aside from the release of Brawl).

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Turns out bored is in cahoots with the FBI. This is no good.

Anyway I've found some interesting things out in my testing of Ike's Bthrow and stuff but nothing really conclusive yet so blah. Bthrow to Dash Turnaround Bair is a true combo at 0% on the large characters from what it looks like, though. Also if my analysis is correct then you can force Donkey Kong into a position where the only thing he can do to avoid getting grabbed is spotdodge. This may not seem like anything but his spotdodge lasts 30 frames and Ike's standing grab ends 23 frames after the first hitbox comes out. So then you just patiently wait and grab again.

Of course none of this is conclusive but it's still something, I suppose!

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

Yeah one of my friends in my BBYO chapter pirates DVDs all the time... at regionals last week he was selling a pretty decent quality dvd of avatar when it had just been released. He also sold others like Jennifers body, 2012, Inglorious Basterds, New moon -_-. and it was just $4 each.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Turns out bored is in cahoots with the FBI. This is no good.

Anyway I've found some interesting things out in my testing of Ike's Bthrow and stuff but nothing really conclusive yet so blah. Bthrow to Dash Turnaround Bair is a true combo at 0% on the large characters from what it looks like, though. Also if my analysis is correct then you can force Donkey Kong into a position where the only thing he can do to avoid getting grabbed is spotdodge. This may not seem like anything but his spotdodge lasts 30 frames and Ike's standing grab ends 23 frames after the first hitbox comes out. So then you just patiently wait and grab again.

Of course none of this is conclusive but it's still something, I suppose!
BThrow -> turnaround BAir? That sounds cool... if only it wasn't at 0%. Why can't DK roll instead of spotdodge to avoid getting grabbed.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Something tells me you'd have to be pretty **** perfect in every single motion of that Bthrow -> turnaround Bair. I don't think I'll ever actually make good use of it.

Just throwing this one out there... I miss Kirk and Kimchi. They've both been inactive as of late.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I need to make sure my next game choice is good. I only got enough money for one. Someone help in which one I should look into getting with an elaborate reason why if you can. :(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I need to make sure my next game choice is good. I only got enough money for one. Someone help in which one I should look into getting with an elaborate reason why if you can. :(
If you want a game with a lot of hours to spend on, go with Uncharted 2. 10-15 hours of single player, and then you can go online for multiplayer. Not the best multiplayer experience, but it will keep you busy.

Dragon Age: Origins: Easily spend 100+ hours on this game and still not do everything. It's a tough game to explain so I advise you go on youtube and watch gameplay footage and reviews.

Fallout 3 - GOTY: Like Dragon Age, spend so many hours doing so many things.

If you could care less about gameplay time, go with MGS4 if you have played the other MGS. The online play is better than Uncharted imo.

Also, you should look up on Craigslist to see if you can get 2 games for 60 bucks. I see a lot of good deals in my area.

I don't recommend Assassin's Creed 2, since you kinda need to play the first one to get the 2nd one. Also, the gameplay time is short.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What happened to changing this thread to something else other than a library because a library encourages silence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom