• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Locking

oiraMWario

Smash Rookie
Hey I saw this at "Brawl til you fall" and I just need to know if this is banned. I've never seen it before the tournament so I dunno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVytfvz7BgU

I mean this was during the tournament so it cant be fake. Plus it was saved to my SD card. Why haven't I heard of this before??

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Why would it be banned, lolz.
Its just like ice block locking, lazar locking, etc.
Easy to avoid.

oiraMWario

Smash Rookie
Really? These are Pit's arrows. Pit can do this to you all the way to your death. o_0

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
If that R.O.B. player knew what he was doing, he could have easily escaped that "lock".

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ok, this is the fun part where I tell you all how stupid you are. Wait, here it comes... Alright.

You can't tech this. The hitstun prevents it. In fact you can't do ANYTHING for about two seconds after being hit. Perhaps longer. I should know, I'm the Pit in this video.

Anyway, Arrow Lock locks opponents in the air. Meaning instant kills if you hit an airborne opponent. Or if the damage is high enough to pop them off the ground long enough to continue the hits.

Also I'd like you people to keep this on topic.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Then I cry April's Fools. Even with a video, that could be hacked.

I'll go try it just to be sure, tho I'm not expecting anything.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I suggest practicing it by practicing Samus' Homing Grapple in Melee. It's almost the same timing and everything.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I just tested this out with my brother.

It was harder than I thought it would be and we couldn't get it too consistently. It's a littleeee bit more precise than the homing grapple.

I'm going to try this a little bit more. I don't think it'll be banned because it's like the QAC lock with Pika.

Good find!

also we tried DI and jumps and everything, this is INESCAPABLE

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
My brother plays Pit and he's been doing that to me for a few weeks now. It's completely inescapable. Against ROB, it's about 30% everytime he catches me in it, which totally changes the matchups.

Against MK it's only 12%. :(
Against Snake, it's like 48% i think. I'll have to check my spreadsheet.
Against DDD its almost 60%!

Pit is TOO good. He'll be top 6 or 7 in the next tier list with this...Stupid broken sakurai BS...

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
60%? That's ridiculous. This game is breaking >.<

I got it to work a little bit more consistently just now. This is dumbb

I think Pit is going to go up in the tier list just for the free percent.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
At least this is a deliberate technique. Meaning the technique itself can be banned rather then the entire character if it comes to it.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It really looks like you can tech this "lock."

It even has the green flash to indicate that your character was in the hitstun/tumble animation when they hit the ground, which is a techable animation.

Have you tested to see if it's techable using the debug pause code? If not...you should since that's irrefutable evidence of anything frame data related (such as the window for teching that and if teching is possible in the first place).

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Mmm, can someone test this to see if it is at all escapable (via teching and such), and/or whether the lock is character-specific.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ok people. AGAIN!

You can LOCK PEOPLE IN THE AIR! Meaning it's an instant kill. You can lock the person from anywhere to their death.

EDIT: BTW, I suspect that there will be a new thread created by the SBR rather soon. If a mod wants to lock this now feel free. At this point it's just "is it real?" banter.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Oh you bring them to death? Jeez we just stopped at end of the level o.o let me try it out

also I'll see about making a thread in the SBR

Top Bottom