• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
It's more for me as it's just something new, characters, maybe one new good stage or two and just something fresh. If anything, I think I'm somewhat in denial. I don't need a reminder of how good Melee is, especially compared to Brawl. I'm sad as **** that uairs can't be combo'd into a knee and all other kinds of good **** from Melee. I just wanted Brawl to be a successor, but it's no news to see where we're at. Regardless, I can still have fun with Brawl and keep the competitive edge with Melee.

Vts

Smash Champion
Cmon people the bi-weekly is friday i want to see some people there!

i don't want any Sh*t from anyone! We need peps to show up and help start a community of gaming in cabot/arkansas (btw saber might start hosting halo 3 tournaments at stage 2 games 2 people per TV with MLG rules. Have a ffa and teams with cash prizes to both $5-ffa $20-team 4 man team.)

So hosting Halo 3 bi-weeklies maybe or once a month halo tournament.

-peace vts

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Scrub I play m2 in melee and you played samus, we both played characters we liked. If you really think this game is good play me, nite, or nes noob and we will show you the highest level of this so called game. just wait sometime soon you will hate this game. (hehe <.<) :093:
Lol, I still see potential in the game and I could care less that if I lose 30 to 0 that it means that the game has no skill. I'm almost certain that I would lose that bad, and if I did, it's not because the game isn't competitive, but that I haven't been on the competitive side that much yet. I did like the comment chamberline made about certain people still come on top, it does mean that there's skill in there. I think that alot of people who don't like brawl is because they have to learn awhole new game and aren't acustomed to what brawl is yet. And yea I made the right comparison by what I said on SF 3rd strike and MvC2. In 3rd strike you can't just wow you're opponents with combo after, positioning and knowing when to strike leads you more of a victory. And the just guards what really helps you out alot on that game, just like in brawl. In MvC2 you can win just by over powering your opponent with combo after combo after combo. You really don't need to have much of a motive to win in MvC2, jjust who can get their unlimited off first. You can combo in Brawl just like you can in melee, it just comes from a different set of mindgames that i'm slowly starting to find out. I'm still saying give brawl some time, it might suprise you. :)

Edit: I'll be ready to own you Iori!! Muahahahah!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
What do you mean? Brawl is not that difficult to get accustomed, too. I played online against friends (who don't go to tournies) and went to a cabot tourney and did well. It's also no coincidence that the same people who did well in Melee are doing good in Brawl. It's not about getting accustomed to it. It is just that we don't like this kind of game really. I kind of warmed to it recently by learning some tricks (mostly about pressuring sheild, mixup strings, and remembering the invulnerability frames of alot of defenses) but it will never get to Melee's level.

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
Sho you're entitled to your opinion about brawl, but quit talking about 3S and MvC2 because when it comes to those two games you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Sho you're entitled to your opinion about brawl, but quit talking about 3S and MvC2 because when it comes to those two games you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
Lol, I know alot about 3rd strike and MvC2 I use to play them all the time. Those are the only games we in the group use to play before I got everyone into the Melee craze. Whenever we get a chance to all get togather we pull out the Capcom Vs. SNK 2, but that's rarely anymore because most of the group that did it moved away. I use to watch combo vids and fights on MvC2 sometimes still and I watched acouple of frights from EVO last year and saw that pulling off the unlimited combos lead to victories ALOT of the times. I do know about those games, otherwise I wouldn't make the comparison you silly. :psycho:

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
I just think you were WAY over simplifying MvC2 and 3S. The main problem I had was your devaluing the enormous combos in 3S aka yun's garbage, urien's garbage, and makotos crazy long 50/50 combos. Anyway if you ever find yourself in fayetteville come play me in 3s or MvC2 or CvS2 or melee or brawl I like to play all of those.

TTT

Smash Journeyman
Lol wtf is you people's problem does the south suck or is the Midwest that much more hardcore? Jesus christ i'm coming back in like 2-3 weeks so there better be some hardcore BRAWL tournaments. I don't think AR understands how bad they are gonna get worked.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Lol wtf is you people's problem does the south suck or is the Midwest that much more hardcore? Jesus christ i'm coming back in like 2-3 weeks so there better be some hardcore BRAWL tournaments. I don't think AR understands how bad they are gonna get worked.
I don't think AR really cares that much either =x I want melee

Vts

Smash Champion
well i live in AR and i care (one of the 5 people i bet who does care) but w/e going to get better at the game soon i'm going to no life it and win these bi-weeklies even if i have to pick god tier hehe.

well we need more people before more people show up right now its basicly the same people everytime and it keeps getting smaller so i'm getting really pissed.

w/e if none of this make sense or if i misspelled anything o well i'm on ton of drugs right now cus mesa sick...again...**** pollen

-peace vts

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Is this you on YouTube playing with Overswarm and others? http://youtube.com/watch?v=8HQdWK2pmWw

If that's all you guys got in Midwest, I think we'll be just fine. Come get beat by us in Melee whilst your at it Tony.

TTT

Smash Journeyman
LOL holy **** did i get put in my place.... i didn't even know those were up... ya those were from a LONG time ago in brawl standards...and i don't play as ness AS you can see from the video of the scrubbiness. But good detective work how the hell you find that... but regardless I can def beat you chamber no doubt about that (not with ness). Edit: oh melee ****sux man move on

chamberlin

Smash Ace
LOL holy **** did i get put in my place.... i didn't even know those were up... ya those were from a LONG time ago in brawl standards...and i don't play as ness AS you can see from the video of the scrubbiness. But good detective work how the hell you find that... but regardless I can def beat you chamber no doubt about that (not with ness). Edit: oh melee ****sux man move on
Haha, I think even in the YouTube video we could hear you having a discussion about how Melee is awesome and Brawl sucks... But whatever :D

You're probably just around as good as I am anyway. Except I've always just been a hair better lol.

TTT

Smash Journeyman
LOL ALWAYS? Remember the first eh i dunno 2 years when you were a total scrub getting ***** by me and john...don't make me bring up those days. And the melee>brawl discussion was just Daddy and big C being homo the rest of us were like woo brawl. Just wait until i goto the soonest tourney and **** face gonna be #1 in AR baybee. BTW what you think about the us GTFO road trippin to georgia for huge tournys?? u down ?

Vts

Smash Champion
i'm down as a GTFO crew member lol idk about my crew member he has to work like every weeken it sucks for him.

i'm ready for a huge tournament where i can meet like 20+ new people

TTT

Smash Journeyman
Awesome i've already got various smashers around the country that would be down/support in some way if we road trip. Where's John at btw? i haven't talked to him in forever. and lvl9 or saberguy?

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm right here, and also Brawl sucks melee is better. I don't plan on being competitive or going to any tournies in that game unless there is an INNsomnia for it.

On another note I'm going to be in Conway this weeked until Sunday morning, so if anyone wants to play some -Melee- with me while I'm in town please give me a call 870-759-0849. I'm not sure where I'm going to be exactly but if you give me a call tomorrow sometime I will try to get an address or a general place.

Ok Brawl doesn't SUCK, but compared to Melee it is definately not as good. Brawl is more of a party game where as Melee is a more competitive game.

TTT

Smash Journeyman
I'm right here, and also Brawl sucks melee is better. I don't plan on being competitive or going to any tournies in that game unless there is an INNsomnia for it.
BUTTHURT just wait till i beat some *** or we goto some fun tourny's!

Yo yo tony how u been? call me if u wanna play 501-554-2133 i changed my number !!!
Haha dood i have that number i texted you when i was at a big midwest tourny a month or 2 ago. Everybody there was abusing ur name and had no idea where it came from >:|.

But 2 more weeks guys we gotta get some big things rolling! make this smash community even bigger no more divisions!

Edit: Also, 1-501-230-8172 in two weeks for anyone around little rock, fayetteville, or searcy/conway.

Deuce

Smash Cadet
I wanna play some people.nuff said, gotta get better some how lol. I won a brawl tourney so thats cool, ive started playing melee again, worse than what i was now that brawl is out lol. If bi-weeklys and such are still going on fill me in on the next one, i might attend!

Vts

Smash Champion
next one is may 18th i do believe so mark your calander

i got 2nd place in tournament i played done right dumb at the end.

ace thanks for shutting up that guy lol

was fun and ace whats the japanese tier list i need a new main to kill jigs ;).

-peace vts

TTT

Smash Journeyman
ace whats the japanese tier list i need a new main to kill jigs ;).
Tires don exits. if you wanna kill a jiggs try yoshi. I just destroyed 2 very good and competent jigglys one in friendlies and one in tournament using Yoshi. By the way SUP MAN IM TONY lol nice ta meet ya i'm sure we'll play soon enough and all summer!

Vts

Smash Champion
i got to check if i still am but i do believe if i come chamberlin is riding with me and maybe few other people.

do you know if melee is going to be there?

btw chamberlin you don't need to pay for gas or anything i got it covered.

iori we spending the night at your house maybe?

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
i got to check if i still am but i do believe if i come chamberlin is riding with me and maybe few other people.

do you know if melee is going to be there?

btw chamberlin you don't need to pay for gas or anything i got it covered.

iori we spending the night at your house maybe?
I will plan ahead so this goes without a hitch. You have to tell me how many is coming tho. (3 is fine I guess)

S

superbrawlmasterfreak

Hello I am superbrawlmasterfreak
i live in Conway, AR
Main character:anybody but jigglypuff, bowser,ice climbers, pichu, and mr.game and watch

please, PLEASE! if anybody lives in Mayflower or conway please contact me my email is Ironhero555@yahoo.com

S

superbrawlmasterfreak

Hello I am superbrawlmasterfreak
i live in Conway, AR
Main character:anybody but jigglypuff, bowser,ice climbers, pichu, and mr.game and watch

please, PLEASE! if anybody lives in Mayflower or conway please contact me my email is Ironhero555@yahoo.com please i am bored to death there are no kids on my street or neighboorhood that is good or can even play ssbm please times 100,000,000,000,000 PLEASE!

thank you

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
HAHA TTT in the house talking crap as usual. So sad. GTA4 and call of booty4 have been ruling my life for the past few weeks. but i guess i can brush the dust off my wii to put you back in your place. I might be going to this tourney in memphis also. you going ttt? ( oh yeah Saber you hit it on the head about Brawl being a "party game" thats the best description of it ive heard hehe)

aaronsedge

Smash Rookie
next one is may 18th i do believe so mark your calander

i got 2nd place in tournament i played done right dumb at the end.

ace thanks for shutting up that guy lol

was fun and ace whats the japanese tier list i need a new main to kill jigs ;).

-peace vts

Or maybe my puff is just amazing? ;D

Vts

Smash Champion
Alright i need to talk to IHSB then and see if its cool if not then i guess we will drive home that night or sleep in car for few hours then drive :D

Can't wait been practicing a lot since i lost to that amazing jigglypuff so be ready people i may have a new main or 2 :).

hey connor or conky and the Jigglypuff player (sorry I'm very bad with names ) if you want to play i'm up for anytime my number is 743-9497 up to play any game or hang out see you around.

-peace vts

Edit. Added Memphis's tournament clicky to my sig hope you guys don't mind :)

Top Bottom