• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
TTT when r u coming to fayetteville : / It's time for you to get trashed in brawl

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Heya folks, I'm back again to post link to brawl thread I made. It's my first brawl debut and I did something alittle different. I dunno how many mid-south smashers have seen it (I know spaceballs and n00b has) so I decided to post link here. I know alot of smashers don't really like brawl competitively because of it's simplisity so I hope this you peeps some inspiration. Where here yall go, it's called Brawl Can Combo (A Demostrational Video):

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167958

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Nice to see that you're still good Sho! I enjoyed the vid. You still seem like the same, smart player you were in Melee.

Most of your combos weren't so much combos as they were chasing people really well. It's reeeeealy hard to get true unavoidable combos in Brawl. You're opponents didn't seem to spam air-dodge and turtle like most do in Brawl... Most of the time in high level Brawl, it's people sitting back and picking on each other.

Also, Kudos for being good at brawl when you're living out in the middle of nowhere in Arkansas. :D

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see that you're still good Sho! I enjoyed the vid. You still seem like the same, smart player you were in Melee.

Most of your combos weren't so much combos as they were chasing people really well. It's reeeeealy hard to get true unavoidable combos in Brawl. You're opponents didn't seem to spam air-dodge and turtle like most do in Brawl... Most of the time in high level Brawl, it's people sitting back and picking on each other.

Also, Kudos for being good at brawl when you're living out in the middle of nowhere in Arkansas. :D
Thanks man I really appreciate that. Yea you are right though, there are many avoidable combos, it's all about the mindgames from what i've seen. It's more about who you know than what you know from what i've seen. I want this vid to inspire peeps to try some extra stuff. And you are right about the picking part, I think it comes from people not really experienced in stopping alot of the Air Dodge/Blocking game just yet (I'm still not there either). I feel with time it'll happen though.

Vts

Smash Champion
remember people bi weekly is this saturday and i'm ready to play again :)

also entree fee is $5 for singles $10 for teams for both brawl, melee, and maybe 64 if we want 2.

snake is broken lol i like rob a lot also hmm what to play ;)

well i want to see more people there more and more people from school/cabot are coming we had 6 people who that was there first time to come and few said they would come back

maybe i can force altus to this one since he is off >D

chamberlin tell tree that stage2games has his jacket still lol

hope to see everyone there remember wendy's or waffle house after words.

-peace vts

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
hey anyone picking up age of conan? i am. so we should all get on the same server if you guys are planning on playing it.

Vts

Smash Champion
i'm thinking about lvl 9 idk yet might stick with daoc until warhammer comes out but if i do play AoC i'll be sure to tell you what server i'm playing on.

well lets hope the show up for tournament is good.

hey chamberlin make sure you remind tree to grab his coat and put it in the car so he doesnt leave it again :)

well time for me to find food me hungry

-peace vts

chamberlin

Smash Ace
hey anyone picking up age of conan? i am. so we should all get on the same server if you guys are planning on playing it.
I'm not sure if my computer can run it, and they don't have a trial for me to test it out either. I looked at the specs and I can run the minimum specs but not the recommended.

I know I don't want to play WoW anymore, and all the other new MMOs that are coming out don't look that great. Warhammer may be ok though.

If I do end up playing AoC, I'll definitely get on your server.

Deuce

Smash Cadet
I'll definitely get on your server.

sorry chamber lol that sounded dirty, I had to point that out. I am extremely bored. I heard a friend of mine played at the bi weekly (fraggle or brett..also goes by burt lol) curly haired dude with a little gap between his front teeth. cool dude.

anyway, ill try and make it out to the next one, ive been itching for some smash. I havent gotten to play anyone in quite awhile

Vts

Smash Champion
was fun tournament glad new people showed up and the results will be posted soon but it was Chamberlin 1st, VTS 2nd, and Taku555 3rd

the next tournament i wont be there idk if they are still going to host it or not maybe if not be ready for june's biweeklies.

snake= god tier by far i hate gernades >< and broken hit boxes.

if anyone wants to hang out or anything give me a call or post here i try to check here every day.

Chamberlin that fox is too good :D

Taku555 great shiek sucks your moving away.

-peace vts

Vts

Smash Champion
Good 20 hours if we drive lol might see if we can get plane tickets instead might be better.

idk i'll have to look into it might be able to fly there with airforce maybe...

i'll post more when i find out more.

Vts

Smash Champion
why are these boards so dead!!!

it makes me sad when i could come here and post if anyone wanted to play this weeken and 1-2 would say yeah sure but now its like nah will play every 2 weeks just for tournament.

i understand brawl blows but it seems that you all just quit caring/ checking these boards.

i'm ready to move to a place where more people play arkansas blows.

-peace vts

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
why are these boards so dead!!!

it makes me sad when i could come here and post if anyone wanted to play this weeken and 1-2 would say yeah sure but now its like nah will play every 2 weeks just for tournament.

i understand brawl blows but it seems that you all just quit caring/ checking these boards.

i'm ready to move to a place where more people play arkansas blows.

-peace vts
Here Here all smashers who want experience:Iori- If you are a smasher who loves to hone your skills with the big boys, you should come down to Memphis. We have tech skill at a low price, we have moonwalking, and just newly arrived we have start to finish combos so if you are looking for a place to chill and hang with bros come on down to Memphis . Yeehaw

(Deep calm voice that has just rapped an elephant) :093:
Warning, we are not responsible for players who are bad at the game and get rapped due to skill. We are not responsible for any expenses for traveling down here and last we are not responsible for you not having a good time.

Vts

Smash Champion
Here Here all smashers who want experience:Iori- If you are a smasher who loves to hone your skills with the big boys, you should come down to Memphis. We have tech skill at a low price, we have moonwalking, and just newly arrived we have start to finish combos so if you are looking for a place to chill and hang with bros come on down to Memphis . Yeehaw

(Deep calm voice that has just rapped an elephant) :093:
Warning, we are not responsible for players who are bad at the game and get rapped due to skill. We are not responsible for any expenses for traveling down here and last we are not responsible for you not having a good time.
Do i see a challenge with some people out of state? :091:

man i want to come visit you guys again sounds like fun :), and lack of skill doesn't sound like arkansas (ok maybe a little bit). btw you can't **** the willing that elephant wanted it :psycho:

well every mark your calender for july 2nd (my b-day) or sometime in july for a huge party at my house with tons of booze ( enough for 6-12 people)

Gah 1 more week of school then i'll be on a cruise for a week, idk if stage2games will host the next bi-weekly might cancel it and hold it on the weeken i'm back.

btw don't go see indina jones its trash unless you like CGI. i cryed during movie cus it was so bad.

-RAWR VTS OUT!!!

TTT

Smash Journeyman
Wtf guize, I've been in AR for a total of 2 days and NO SMASH ACTIVITY.....BLARG. I'm in LR by UALR and have friends in so i go around fayetteville, cabot, searcy, and anything in between.

I'm ready to beat some *** in brawl WUT WUT.

Vts

Smash Champion
Eekkk! its TTT i must run and hide from his uber pwnage (turns on lvl 2 stealth) this should keep me safe.

i would say come over and play but this week is busy with tests and off on a trip friday afternoon.

-peace vts

TTT

Smash Journeyman
will crave that exploding smash sensation.
Do you take cash or credit?

Memphis is like 3 hours away yo....but my friends wanted to hit up the clubs over there this weekend so I DUNNO HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm....i'd probably go randomly if some other smasher from AR came with.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
LOL

It's good to see Iori still has his boyish charm =D

And guys I really wanted to get together as of late. I'm missing me some melee and I wouldn't mind a little brawl mixed in the fun either. I was trying to get a place in Little Rock so I could kick it and play you AR smashers some more but alas it doesn't seem like it's working. But If I'm ever in the area you can expect a call and stuff. I wanna play you guys some more. I've really fell off I'm sure though since I never play anyone anymore though XD.

ACE-STFU

Smash Rookie
Yo this biweekly was fun and man melee was so much fun after the brawl tourney. It was nice to have saber come vist us again =)

results:

1. Saberguy
2.ACE
3. Chamberlain

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
yo I just made T8 at the 128 person A-kon tournament in Dallas it was a blast. BTW wobbles is ****ing amazing with MK.

AR_Sam

Smash Rookie
ya of course he is good with everyone, but during the tournament I only saw him using MK...

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I wasn't correcting you about the characters, but about him in general.
Without even mentioning any iteration of the game "Super Smash Bros", the statement "Wobbles is ****ing amazing" is true.

Top Bottom