• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but having those two so close in early bracket is what I thought was odd (even if VTS was a round away, that's still too soon for us to possibly play). It honestly doesn't bother me though. Just something to watch out for in the future.

I reuploaded the last third of the crew battle, and it plays fine now :bluejump:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I think that was when the recording died for the second time (the other being all of teams except half of losers finals and all of grand except the last couple seconds [!]). Soooo... I'm using your laptop from now on, right?

:\
/:

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the other recording setup got some stuffs. But that guy has a humongous video to go through with no indication of what was tourney and who was playing... yikes.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Yesterday I received Nintendo Puzzle Collection in the mail. Still haven't had time to play it. Pokemon Puzzle is by far my favorite.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
We'll play at Genesis. Maybe I'll come to an epiphany and break past this noob plateau while getting *****.

^ I never played it, but the guy who introduced me to Panepon said some chains were easier to pull off and the touch screen allowed you to move way too quickly. Instant transmission!

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
To prevent a rant I will just mention what bothers me the most: Planet Puzzle League's HARD mode is still slower than tetris Attack's easy mode.
Question: I play tetris attack on easy mode since it's speed is the same as Pokemon PL's timed attack's speed. Legit? or should I knock it up a lvl?

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
VTS! Do You have room for Ravn and I for the memphis tourny this weekend?

I'd kill to be able to come. kill... :psycho:

Double post, sry. :*(

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Question: I play tetris attack on easy mode since it's speed is the same as Pokemon PL's timed attack's speed. Legit? or should I knock it up a lvl?
I am terrible at explaining things. If you have any questions please ask:

If you enjoy playing on easy mode and you don't take the game too seriously then playing on easy mode is no problem at all.

If you want to really excel at the game then I would recommend playing at normal speed and hard speed. The reason for this: it forces you to stop going for the first thing you see. Let me elaborate: sometimes the first chain you see might be doable in 7 moves (a move is pressing any button) which isn't too bad. If this is the case then sometimes you need to do 12 or 20 moves to continue a chain. This is very doable in easy mode, but if you are in normal or hard then it is a lot more difficult to pull off (unless you have GOD speed). So why play at higher speeds?

Playing at higher speeds forces you to continue chains that take as little moves as possible. Once the luxury of going wherever you want to connect your next chain is taken away your brain is forced to think in a different way. At first it is really stressful, but after a while you start to see more than one option for your chain. Keep it up and soon you will see multiple options for chains and be able to select which one would be completed in the least amount of moves. What do options do for gameplay?

Having more options means you can plan ahead further and further. Once you can see at least 3 chains ahead then you can start flying and clearing the screen off like it is nothing.

My recommendation is to do what you enjoy in the game. Playing on higher levels will only improve your game.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
There was talk of you hillbillies making it out to OK monthly this saturday...anything every come of that?
Links: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305006

If that monthly looks too small, no worries, you definitely should keep your schedules open August 20th for our new biannual tournament Super Bit Wars.

I'll have Melee & Brawl there and I'll even run the brackets for those games earlier on a Saturday afternoon so you guys can get back in time for that church stuff.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The Genesis ruleset is a step in the right direction, although KJ is still legal

"melee is normal **** except for no brinstar/rainbow cruise on for singles. pokestad is a counter pick and wobbling and all the other blizzobbling crap is legal."

A CHAMPION'S BELT!? OMG!!!!! I want the belt!!!

DEMPSEYYYY ROLLLLL!!!!
Apparently those are the real deal Holyfield. Genuine championship belts for a smash tournament...

LOL

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I actually have to house sit for some people from church. So I'm not going to be able to go anywhere this weekend...stinks, but the people really need me.

I didn't know that the monthly was this weekend either...

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
We are. You can come over until dinner time or so.

That advice to play on Hard mode was amazing. I made my first 20k score since we dropped the game when I played Will.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby, wanna smash tomorrow and get this music situation for Devour 2 situated? Tomorrow's Devour's birthday, and it'd be nice to at least have the ball rollin'

Lemme know sonny.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
But of course. I don't know who to main again, so I've decided to just play Falcon when these times of confusion arise. You are the best person to do so against (unless you're playing that atrocious Falco).

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
says the guy who lost to the guy who lost to the guy who lost to one of those previous guys who lost to your pikachu

My game is super one-dimensional with both Sheik and Marth. Sit around doing nothing until I get a grab, then gayness. No real understanding of either character, and not much finesse at the gayness since I don't play them often. Any win I get with either one is pure cheese, which is probably why people hate losing to me in tourney. I can never play like myself, so I try to cheese out a victory with basic gay tactics. I should just play Falcon!

or fox if he would get back to how he was in may

Top Bottom